Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Post by Jazman »

I'm curious how some may feel about the further Trumpification of the GOP's national leadership...
How will your priority issues or how will the red team win close, down-ballet races if dear leader gets most or all the attention and money?

From a Hill opinion piece:
"Trump’s GOP is a paradox. The former president now enjoys an unprecedented level of control over the Republican national apparatus. He can freely raid the RNC’s dwindling campaign coffers for legal defense money and appoint family members to key positions while personally directing House Republicans’ disastrous investigations into Joe and Hunter Biden. Trump’s total dominance of the Republican Party is a remarkable thing to behold.

But Republicans’ willingness to bow to Trump on nearly every issue is making their party staggeringly unpopular with voters — and not just the rank and file. Colorado Rep. Ken Buck stunned Capitol Hill on Tuesday by announcing that he’d simply had enough of Trumpism and would resign in just about a week. In an interview with CNN, Buck slammed Congress as “dysfunctional” and remarked that many of his constituents were sick of Trump."

Or how about this history lesson, when one ego driven candidate/Pres. installs his loyalist... "A capricious, self-centered GOP president decides he wants to dump the national party chair and install an even more reliable loyalist. It sounds a lot like former President Donald J. Trump’s ouster of Ronna McDaniel as chair of the Republican National Committee.
But it’s also a rough approximation of President Richard Nixon’s RNC housecleaning more than a half-century ago."
(spoiler alert. Nixon's moves didn't work out so well for the GOP...)

I'm curious to know, from those who feel that the red team best represents their priorities & issues and aspirations... how you might feel about the recent events within the GOP/RNC that may signal further corruption, ineptitude and possibly more losing? (If not election results then young hearts & minds for sure).
2 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Post by Josh »

The issues I care about have never been a priority for the DNC nor RNC.

The RNC does have a better stance on abortion so if you forced me to choose one or the other I would prefer that on that issue alone.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

The Trumps are obviously going to loot the place and put their lackeys into all the positions of authority.

But that will mean the RNC will be less effective in doing damage in some of the areas I care about such as the environment, health care, transportation policy, etc. So win-win.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Ken wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:33 pm

The Trumps are obviously going to loot the place and put their lackeys into all the positions of authority.
Every administration does that to some extent or another.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Ken

Post by Ken »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:00 pm

No, not every administration. I see no signs that the Bidens are looting DNC funds for any personal purpose.

In the case of the Trumps. Watch for: (1) how many future RNC events are held at Trump properties and charged exorbitant rates, (2) how much RNC funds gets diverted to pay for Trump's personal legal fees, and (3) how much RNC money gets hoovered up by consulting firms with some connection to the Trumps, familial or otherwise.

Those three things are already happening now. But with all the non-Trump people gone, there is no longer anyone to put on the brakes. Here is one comparison of the two organizations as they were before the Trumps took over. Be interesting to see how this changes with the Trump family in charge

1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:00 pm

No, not every administration. I see no signs that the Bidens are looting DNC funds for any personal purpose.

They didn't have to. The Biden family made millions on "pay for play" schemes with foreign nationals.
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I misunderstood. I thought you meant they weasel their relatives and buddies into "fluff" positions that hold some power, but no real responsibility.
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Grace

Post by Grace »

I'm curious how some may feel about the further Trumpification of the GOP's national leadership...
How will your priority issues or how will the red team win close, down-ballet races if dear leader gets most or all the attention and money?
The term "dear leader" is often used in reference to North Korea's Kim Jong and Kim Jong Un. Both were and are murderous dictators, with no regard for the lives of people. My question to you is, how many people under the former president, who you compare to a murderous dictator, have died because he emboldened Putin to go into a murderous war with Ukraine? Which president empowered Iran, who funds murderous Hamas? Hamas who raped women, and cooked babies alive. Which president, the current one or the former one, has opened the border to the extents that it has cost the lives of many, not only those crossing the border, but also people like Laken Riley.
Last edited by Grace on Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm
I misunderstood. I thought you meant they weasel their relatives and buddies into "fluff" positions that hold some power, but no real responsibility.
And the fluff position make millions, to which they get out of paying taxes, because the statute of limitations ran out.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

steve-in-kville wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:17 pm
Remind me again how many different Bidens hold fluff positions of power within the Federal government or Democratic Party in which they have access to PUBLIC dollars.
1 x