Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Post by Grace »

No, actually they aren't. It is mockery to sure. And well deserved. But people are mocking Trump's fragile ego and the obsequiousness of his followers, who are terrified of telling him the truth.
Reminds me of the current administration. People are constantly mocking Biden for his daily lies. Is that well deserved as well? We all know he has a furious temper and a foul mouth when things don't go his way.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... House.html

Then there is this. Biden gets mocked constantly for being who he is, a elderly person. And that is sad.

0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:13 pm
No, actually they aren't. It is mockery to sure. And well deserved. But people are mocking Trump's fragile ego and the obsequiousness of his followers, who are terrified of telling him the truth.
Reminds me of the current administration. People are constantly mocking Biden for his daily lies. Is that well deserved as well? We all know he has a furious temper and a foul mouth when things don't go his way.
Yes, Biden is a public figure and entirely fair game. The Onion has been mocking him since his VP days and is more clever about it and more funny too: https://www.theonion.com/shirtless-bide ... 1819570732 and https://www.theonion.com/biden-defends- ... 1842129609

That comes with the territory. Every president going back to George Washington has been mocked. 19th Century cartoonists were merciless

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Currier and Ives... wow, a lot to digest there.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Priorities of a Trump-family run RNC

1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:12 am Priorities of a Trump-family run RNC

I bet the Feds are going to be keeping a sharp eye on the RNC fund raising and expenditures in the coming few years.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

RZehr wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:44 am
I bet the Feds are going to be keeping a sharp eye on the RNC fund raising and expenditures in the coming few years.
I doubt it. The FEC which is the regulatory agency that governs elections is deadlocked between Democratic and Republican appointees (by design). There are 6 commissioners on the FEC, three Republicans, and three Democrats. The three Republicans (including the chairman) were all appointed by Trump.

For them to take any specific investigatory action into the RNC (much less take any enforcement action) would require at least one Republican vote. So someone appointed to the FEC by Trump would need to vote to investigate his operations.

I don't see that happening.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Aren't contributions to the RNC voluntary? If someone doesn't like how it's run, they can stop donating.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:34 pm Aren't contributions to the RNC voluntary? If someone doesn't like how it's run, they can stop donating.
“Who appointed” msm, the DOE, public treasury, lobbies/major coporations, et al., to aggressively promote lib/DNC interests?
What avenue is there to balance-out this confounding influence/power?

When viewed from this perspective, it’s nothing less than a miracle unorganized conservatives not only exist, but consistently run a significant counter. Fair+balanced is certainly not the goal of lib interests!

My view is, the many UNorganized conservatives, all descriptions, the rag-tag, unsophisticated, awkward “mess” .. represent what the U.S. experiment was about: real people. 1 legal qualified citizen, 1 secret vote.

The U.S. is a long way away from a purist system.
The rag-tags keep it from the natural human course: anything-but fair+balanced.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:34 pm Aren't contributions to the RNC voluntary? If someone doesn't like how it's run, they can stop donating.
Exactly.

However there are tens of millions of Americans around the country who are Republicans, just like there are tens of millions of Americans who are Democrats. And when they join a party they should have an expectation that it is being run soundly and effectively and not simply a platform for one family to loot the organization of its resources.

I mean from the point of view of Democrats it is basically just time to pop the popcorn and watch the melt down. As Napoleon said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".

But if I was a Republican I'd be upset by recent events and the direction of the party. Because none of this helps down-ballot Republican candidates. And none of it helps prepare for a future Republican party without Trump.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

.. But if I was a Republican [Dem] I'd be upset by recent events and the direction of the party. ..
MANY lib voters are upset and understandably so. Not only has this term been a disaster, nothing promising on the horizon.
It shouldn’t be close.

Due to unbalanced weight on the left, it appears closer than it should be. Billionaires aren’t playing to lose.
Last edited by temporal1 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN