Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Will the issues you care about be priorities for a Trump-family run RNC?

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:02 pm
.. But if I was a Republican [Dem] I'd be upset by recent events and the direction of the party. ..
MANY lib voters are upset and understandably so. Not only has this term been a disaster, nothing promising on the horizon.
I have no idea what you are talking about.

The subject of the thread is the Trump-family takeover of the RNC.

And for the most part it is true that Democratic voters really don't care how much of a mess the Trump family makes of the RNC. Few of them are even paying attention to it.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

.. But if I was a Republican [Dem] I'd be upset by recent events and the direction of the party. ..
MANY lib voters are upset and understandably so. Not only has this term been a disaster, nothing promising on the horizon.
It shouldn’t be close.

Due to unbalanced weight on the left, it appears closer than it should be. Billionaires aren’t playing to lose.
Again, this thread isn't about the Dems and their mistakes or possible failures etc...
Would you be able to consider the question at hand; How will the GOP/RNC be able to govern, or win races or win policy contests or gain policy goals, if said organization is being run by the Trump-family?
Why does it seem you are deflecting from something that has the potential to undermine the priorities that I believe you support, based on your long participation on this forum?
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Jazman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:13 pm
It shouldn’t be close.

Due to unbalanced weight on the left, it appears closer than it should be. Billionaires aren’t playing to lose.
Again, this thread isn't about the Dems and their mistakes or possible failures etc...
Would you be able to consider the question at hand; How will the GOP/RNC be able to govern, or win races or win policy contests or gain policy goals, if said organization is being run by the Trump-family?
Why does it seem you are deflecting from something that has the potential to undermine the priorities that I believe you support, based on your long participation on this forum?

i thought i was responding to Ken’s bunny trail, altho i didn’t think it was far from your subject line.

i’m not following biden’s current campaign, nor trump’s.
i’m not going to be misled by fear mongering over trump this time, it worked to a great extent in 2016.
however, voters now have experienced both men as POTUS. which was preferable?

that, beside the horrors of child mutilation and extermination of human unborns.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:56 pm I mean from the point of view of Democrats it is basically just time to pop the popcorn and watch the melt down. As Napoleon said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".

But if I was a Republican I'd be upset by recent events and the direction of the party. Because none of this helps down-ballot Republican candidates. And none of it helps prepare for a future Republican party without Trump.
I suspect most Republicans are happy with Trump's latest boost in poll numbers.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:08 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:56 pm I mean from the point of view of Democrats it is basically just time to pop the popcorn and watch the melt down. As Napoleon said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".

But if I was a Republican I'd be upset by recent events and the direction of the party. Because none of this helps down-ballot Republican candidates. And none of it helps prepare for a future Republican party without Trump.
I suspect most Republicans are happy with Trump's latest boost in poll numbers.
You think the Trump family taking over the RNC has anything to do with his poll numbers? FYI, the RNC is about all Republican candidates all the way down to state legislatures. Not just Trump.

Focusing just on Trump is the same mistake that the Democrats made during the Obama Administration when the DNC became all about Obama and his agenda and they neglected all the down-ballot races and ended up getting trounced in the mid-terms.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:56 pm

I mean from the point of view of Democrats it is basically just time to pop the popcorn and watch the melt down. As Napoleon said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".
Oh they will do far more than pop, popcorn. Democrats and their water carrying media will lie, distort, and change the narrative, on everything Trump, or the RNC says and does. This past weekend we had a classic example of the sleazeball tactics of Democrats and the main stream media.

Trump held a rally in Ohio on Saturday in which he warned he would retaliate against China if they attempted to sell cars to the United States. This was in reference to China building car manufacturing plants in Mexico, to which he said, “We’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the border, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected. Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a blood bath for the country; that’ll be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”

The “blood bath” portion of his comment was quickly latched upon by his haters and critics in the media and politicians. They falsely claimed it was a clear call for violence in the event he loses November’s election against President Biden. Even Biden wrote on X, “It’s clear this guy wants another January 6,”

Trump’s people argued the former president’s words were being taken out of context and that he was clearly talking about the auto industry being decimated if Biden wins reelection.

The mainstream media, Democrats and even Biden think we are all to stupid to check the context in which those comments were made.

It might be noted that one of the definitions for “Bloodbath” is “a period of disastrous loss or reversal”.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:03 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:56 pm

I mean from the point of view of Democrats it is basically just time to pop the popcorn and watch the melt down. As Napoleon said "never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake".
Oh they will do far more than pop, popcorn. Democrats and their water carrying media will lie, distort, and change the narrative, on everything Trump, or the RNC says and does. This past weekend we had a classic example of the sleazeball tactics of Democrats and the main stream media.

Trump held a rally in Ohio on Saturday in which he warned he would retaliate against China if they attempted to sell cars to the United States. This was in reference to China building car manufacturing plants in Mexico, to which he said, “We’re going to put a 100 percent tariff on every single car that comes across the border, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected. Now, if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a blood bath for the country; that’ll be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.”

The “blood bath” portion of his comment was quickly latched upon by his haters and critics in the media and politicians. They falsely claimed it was a clear call for violence in the event he loses November’s election against President Biden. Even Biden wrote on X, “It’s clear this guy wants another January 6,”

Trump’s people argued the former president’s words were being taken out of context and that he was clearly talking about the auto industry being decimated if Biden wins reelection.

The mainstream media, Democrats and even Biden think we are all to stupid to check the context in which those comments were made.

It might be noted that one of the definitions for “Bloodbath” is “a period of disastrous loss or reversal”.
Yes, politics is hardball. I know that TRUMP knows this. If you are a Trump fan, you should know it too. It is his stock in trade. He has already signaled that his main issue for 2024 will be immigration and he is basically going to dedicate himself 24/7 to lying and distorting what is actually happening in this country with respect to immigration. The right wing media from Fox News to Newsmax and the Blaze will be right behind him or in front of him on the messaging. If the Democrats can't counter they will lose. That is how politics works. It isn't some university debating society.

If you desire a candidate who never lies or distorts the words of others then you should run screaming from Trump as fast as you can.
Last edited by Ken on Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:12 pm

Yes, politics is hardball. I know that TRUMP knows this. If you are a Trump fan, you should know it too. It is his stock in trade. He has already signaled that his main issue for 2024 will be immigration and he is basically going to dedicate himself 24/7 to lying and distorting what is actually happening in this country with respect to immigration. If the Democrats can't counter they will lose. That is how politics works. It isn't some university debating society.
Trump doesn't need to lie and distort about immigration. All people have to do is look at the overwhelming numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the border in the last three years.

BTW I am not a Trump fan. He is a bad nominee, but Biden is 10 times worse.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:16 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:12 pm

Yes, politics is hardball. I know that TRUMP knows this. If you are a Trump fan, you should know it too. It is his stock in trade. He has already signaled that his main issue for 2024 will be immigration and he is basically going to dedicate himself 24/7 to lying and distorting what is actually happening in this country with respect to immigration. If the Democrats can't counter they will lose. That is how politics works. It isn't some university debating society.
Trump doesn't need to lie and distort about immigration. All people have to do is look at the overwhelming numbers of illegal immigrants crossing the border in the last three years.
He is lying about crime. The fact of the matter is that violent crime has been falling in this country since the pandemic spikes in 2020 and 2021. The cities that have experienced the biggest surge of immigrants have not seen increases in crime. To the contrary. And immigrants are Less likely to commit crimes than citizens. Those are all facts. But you will only hear the opposite from Trump.

He is also lying about the CAUSE of the immigration surge and did everything he could do to block bipartisan legislation in Congress that would have helped address the problem. Which gives away the game right there.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:21 pm He is lying about crime. The fact of the matter is that violent crime has been falling in this country since the pandemic spikes in 2020 and 2021. The cities that have experienced the biggest surge of immigrants have not seen increases in crime.
I will stop short of calling you a liar, but this is an exercise in the most extreme of sophistry, Ken. The reporting of crime has fallen off a cliff since 2020; in places like San Francisco, the police aren't even willing to take the time to take a report of a theft or car-break in. Actual crime on the street is much worse now than it used to be. Some of us have actual lived experience in places like SF and NYC and remember what it was like in the early 2000s, the mid-2010s, and now, and can easily see that it's gone up.
To the contrary. And immigrants are Less likely to commit crimes than citizens. Those are all facts. But you will only hear the opposite from Trump.
This is another rather extreme exercise in sophistry (ignoring the fact that every single illegal immigrant is already a criminal). It is obvious when immigrants move in to an area and suddenly crime goes up. This happens, over and over. A good example is Hazleton, PA (see https://www.macrotrends.net/global-metr ... statistics ), where a variety of crime (including theft) significantly inceased as the existing population got displaced with illegal aliens and other migrants.

If you're going to accuse someone else of lying, then the least you could do is try to speak truth yourself.
1 x