State of the Union Addresses

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

A thread to discuss... well...

0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: State of the Union Addresses

Post by Ernie »

Who sits to the left/right of the vice president and speaker of the house during the address?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

I don't know who they are. Do you?

Probably some ranking members of the House who have parliamentary roles of some sort like House clerk or parliamentarian.

I didn't watch the speech so can't comment on the content.

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Was there a State of the Union Speech last night? I watched a speed-scream, angry, divisive, campaign speech that was bizarre and devoid of reality. Where Ukraine’s border was spoken about more than America’s border. I heard a speech that slapped struggling American citizens in the face who can’t afford pay the bills, pay the rent, put food on the table, due to inflation and were scolded with, “it isn’t that bad”.

There was no acknowledgement of the 10.4 million illegal aliens he left into the country or the thousands of minor children and women who have been sexually assaulted due to his lax border policies. But thankfully he did address the fact that snickers candy bars are smaller and there are less chips in the chip bags these days. And thankfully that the Covid shot is now curing cancer. And that he will end cancer as we know it.

The Supreme court Justices were sitting a few feet from him and he threatened them by speaking about the court’s ruling putting abortion back in the hands of the states. Biden looked the justices in the eye, botched the line, but the threat was clear. He made it clear he will always do what ever it takes to make sure more babies can be killed.

And he screeched about the rich not paying their fair share of taxes. Which is laughable, beings his own son didn't pay his fair share.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

How many times did he fall?
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Ernie wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:02 pm Who sits to the left/right of the vice president and speaker of the house during the address?
To his right, our left is the Vice President, who is the President of the Senate. In on our right, his left, is the Speaker of the House.

I don't know who sits next to them.

I turned it on last night but fell asleep before he even got in chambers. I was watching it a couple hours after it was presented. I will listen again today at work.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Found it.

1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:22 am How many times did he fall?
It looked like he was seated, so he couldn't as easily fall. I only saw bits and pieces, but he must have been on something, the way he shouted and screamed for over an hour.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Neto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:33 am
It looked like he was seated, so he couldn't as easily fall. I only saw bits and pieces, but he must have been on something, the way he shouted and screamed for over an hour.
From the pictures I've seen, he looks like he was standing.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Neto
Affiliation: Gospel Haven

Post by Neto »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:34 am
Neto wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:33 am
From the pictures I've seen, he looks like he was standing.
Must have been the angle of the camera shot during the short times when I walked past where my wife was watching it. I thought he was sitting. Maybe the podium is just higher than I would have expected. Or else I just didn't look closely enough. I only thought about it later, when I realized he had been speaking for over an hour. He also didn't seem to move from side to side as people usually do when standing, but then I only saw short snippits of it.
0 x
Congregation: Gospel Haven Mennonite Fellowship, Benton, Ohio (Holmes Co.) a split from Beachy-Amish Mennonite.
Personal heritage & general theological viewpoint: conservative Mennonite Brethren.