Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
MattY
Affiliation: Beachy

Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?

Post by MattY »

This video offers 45 reasons that Donald Trump is the Antichrist. The argument was stronger than I expected it to be at first. You don't often find fundamentalist conservative, Biblical literalist arguments against Trump these days, so this is interesting.

That video was made prior to the 2020 election, but the same person has continued to make the case in the years since. See the shorter video below, with 15 Bible verses about why Trump is the Antichrist, with many of the same arguments.

Personally, I do not think he is the Antichrist, but I do see him as an antichrist, as I argued in a post on my blog a month ago. I agree with everything the video says about his character.

Oh, and commenters, be civil. :lol:
2 x
Almighty, most holy God
Faithful through the ages
Almighty, most holy Lord
Glorious, almighty God
gcdonner
Affiliation: Anabaptiluthercostal

Re: Is Donald Trump the Antichrist?

Post by gcdonner »

Oh the biblical ignorance of Mennonet these days... :shock: :?
2 x
Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed
rightly dividing the word of truth
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

People who think they can identify any specific Antichrist in 21st Century America should be given exactly as much credence as those who think they can predict the exact date of the rapture or second coming.

Namely...zero.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
MattY

Post by MattY »

gcdonner wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:05 pm Oh the biblical ignorance of Mennonet these days... :shock: :?
My point in posting this isn't really about whether this is the correct interpretation of Scripture or whether Trump actually is the Antichrist, but about the aspects of Trump's character that make the arguments in the videos above possible in the first place.
0 x
Almighty, most holy God
Almighty, most holy Lord
Glorious, almighty God
Ken

Post by Ken »

How does he come up with 15 Bible verses about the Antichrist when the Antichrist is only mentioned 4 times in the entire Bible and solely in the 1st and 2nd epistles of John?
1 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us."

1 John 2:18-19

He is just one of potentially many.
3 x
:hug:
MattY

Post by MattY »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:36 pm How does he come up with 15 Bible verses about the Antichrist when the Antichrist is only mentioned 4 times in the entire Bible and solely in the 1st and 2nd epistles of John?
There is a motif found through various books of Scripture, especially prophecy, of a powerful opponent of God (a human ruler, distinct from Satan) who will arise in the last days. Sometimes it's read into too many passages, but the motif is definitely found in Daniel, Revelation, and 2nd Thessalonians, in addition to 1st and 2nd John. So it's more than just the verses that directly mention "Antichrist", that's just a term that John used. But opinions on how to interpret the motif vary.
1 x
Almighty, most holy God
Almighty, most holy Lord
Glorious, almighty God
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 pm People who think they can identify any specific Antichrist in 21st Century America should be given exactly as much credence as those who think they can predict the exact date of the rapture or second coming.

Namely...zero.
What a surprise, Ken and I actually agree on something.

I remember as a very young person that Henrey Kissinger was the supposed Anti-Christ. Before that it was JFK. And of course we can't forget Mikhail Gorbachev, after all he had a mysterious red mark on his forehead (it was a birthmark). Pope John Paul II and Ronald Reagan were deemed the anti-Christ. Some even thought Barney the Dinosaur was the anti-Christ because “cute purple dinosaur” in ancient Latin characters, it is “CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR.”. They extracted the Roman numbers, added all the numerals together and the result was 666.

In 1988 Some guy did a bunch of math equations and came up with the claim that the rapture would take place in 1988. He even wrote a book, "88 reasons Christ will return in 1988".
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:06 pm
Ken wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:07 pm People who think they can identify any specific Antichrist in 21st Century America should be given exactly as much credence as those who think they can predict the exact date of the rapture or second coming.

Namely...zero.
What a surprise, Ken and I actually agree on something.

I remember as a very young person that Henrey Kissinger was the supposed Anti-Christ. Before that it was JFK. And of course we can't forget Mikhail Gorbachev, after all he had a mysterious red mark on his forehead (it was a birthmark). Pope John Paul II and Ronald Reagan were deemed the anti-Christ. Some even thought Barney the Dinosaur was the anti-Christ because “cute purple dinosaur” in ancient Latin characters, it is “CVTE PVRPLE DINOSAVR.”. They extracted the Roman numbers, added all the numerals together and the result was 666.

In 1988 Some guy did a bunch of math equations and came up with the claim that the rapture would take place in 1988. He even wrote a book, "88 reasons Christ will return in 1988".
It is a big planet of 7.9 BILLION people.

Interesting how they usually seem to be Americans (or American TV characters). And never some random dictator in Pakistan or Libya or someplace closer to the Holy Land. Which suggests an obvious bias on the part of the American authors who are coming up with this stuff.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

:shock: :o
Grace wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:06 pm What a surprise, Ken and I actually agree on something.
And it only took a few short years!
1 x