The Noah Conference

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

The Noah Conference

Post by Josh »

Coming soon to the Creation Museum, Ken Ham, Israel Wayne, Kevin Swanson, and others suddenly are on board (ha ha, see what I did there) with the idea that some amount of separation from the world might actually be okay. I heard rumblings of this at the Gen 2 conference 2 years ago at the Creation Museum, but back then it was of the variety of "Well, I guess we aren't a majority anymore and we lost control of the culture, so we'll have to resign ourselves to being a separate people."

http://noahconference.org
In a world of transgender bathrooms, common core classrooms and political unrighteousness, American Christians are facing unprecedented attacks on the biblical family. But for Christians committed to passing on the faith to the next generation, these challenges present a fresh opportunity to shine the light of the Gospel into a lost and lonely world.

Save Yourselves from this Corrupt Generation! (Acts 2:40)

Two thousand years ago, the Apostle Peter preached a remarkable sermon in the face of similar hostility. Speaking to a generation of apostate Jews who had just crucified Jesus a few weeks before, Peter called these men and their families to repentance and faith in God’s promise of salvation.

His closing admonition to these men is just a relevant today as it was then: “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” The result? The greatest outbreak of the Gospel the world had ever seen.
Looks like an ideal conference for anyone who is razor-focused on making sure their kids grow up with the same religion they espouse. Anyone going?
0 x
KingdomBuilder
Affiliation: church of Christ

Re: The Noah Conference

Post by KingdomBuilder »

Common core is really a major attack on the "Biblical family"? :roll:
Nice use of hot-topic terms to try and reel in a crowd
0 x
Ponder anew what the Almighty can do
Once Again
Affiliation: church of Christ

Post by Once Again »

Maybe those of us who believe in the doctrine of the two kingdoms can use this trend to reach out to non Anabaptist Christians.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:Coming soon to the Creation Museum, Ken Ham, Israel Wayne, Kevin Swanson, and others suddenly are on board (ha ha, see what I did there) with the idea that some amount of separation from the world might actually be okay. I heard rumblings of this at the Gen 2 conference 2 years ago at the Creation Museum, but back then it was of the variety of "Well, I guess we aren't a majority anymore and we lost control of the culture, so we'll have to resign ourselves to being a separate people."

http://noahconference.org
In a world of transgender bathrooms, common core classrooms and political unrighteousness, American Christians are facing unprecedented attacks on the biblical family. But for Christians committed to passing on the faith to the next generation, these challenges present a fresh opportunity to shine the light of the Gospel into a lost and lonely world.

Save Yourselves from this Corrupt Generation! (Acts 2:40)

Two thousand years ago, the Apostle Peter preached a remarkable sermon in the face of similar hostility. Speaking to a generation of apostate Jews who had just crucified Jesus a few weeks before, Peter called these men and their families to repentance and faith in God’s promise of salvation.

His closing admonition to these men is just a relevant today as it was then: “Save yourselves from this corrupt generation.” The result? The greatest outbreak of the Gospel the world had ever seen.
Looks like an ideal conference for anyone who is razor-focused on making sure their kids grow up with the same religion they espouse. Anyone going?
Not I. I really don't like the "my way or the highway" view of YEC that Ham and his friends take. I don't think that age of the earth is a cardinal point of doctrine (Divine fiat is), and I think the Biblical data on the age of the earth is not all that clear. I am curious what group the Wayne's are from as his wife wears some form of head covering.

J.M.
0 x
:hug:
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Judas Maccabeus wrote: I am curious what group the Wayne's are from as his wife wears some form of head covering.
J.M.
I'm guessing Independent Baptist. They were in our town a few years ago. Common, down to earth folks who try to teach and live the Bible.
http://www.familyrenewal.org/israel-wayne-2/
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote:
Judas Maccabeus wrote: I am curious what group the Wayne's are from as his wife wears some form of head covering.
J.M.
I'm guessing Independent Baptist. They were in our town a few years ago. Common, down to earth folks who try to teach and live the Bible.
My parents have been friends with Israel Wayne's mother for a long time. They were all early "pioneers" in the homeschool movement.

Israel and his wife Brook are not Baptist. I would describe them as a general evangelical minded Christian with openness to charismatic experiences, home churching, and and a very, very strong opinion in favour of homeschooling.
Last I spoke with Israel 3 years ago (before I was a Christian), they were attending a Calvary Chapel. You can get a clearer idea of Israel and his mother Skeet Savage's beliefs if you read The Home School Digest, a periodical they have published for the last 3 decades.

As far as I know Brook practices the veiling out of personal conviction and a desire to have more acceptance when talking with other groups of believers who have the same conviction.
0 x
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Josh wrote:
Ernie wrote:
J.M.
My parents have been friends with Israel Wayne's mother for a long time. They were all early "pioneers" in the homeschool movement.

Israel and his wife Brook are not Baptist. I would describe them as a general evangelical minded Christian with openness to charismatic experiences, home churching, and and a very, very strong opinion in favour of homeschooling.
Last I spoke with Israel 3 years ago (before I was a Christian), they were attending a Calvary Chapel. You can get a clearer idea of Israel and his mother Skeet Savage's beliefs if you read The Home School Digest, a periodical they have published for the last 3 decades.

As far as I know Brook practices the veiling out of personal conviction and a desire to have more acceptance when talking with other groups of believers who have the same conviction.
Got it. "Full Quiver Homeschooling" types used to show up at our old church from time to time. I am familiar with the movement.

J.M.
0 x
:hug: