God's Army Convoy

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

God's Army Convoy

Post by Ernie »

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/i ... r-rallies/

A new convoy. Quite the religious worldview.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Judas Maccabeus
Affiliation: Con. Menno.

Re: God's Army Convoy

Post by Judas Maccabeus »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:04 am https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/i ... r-rallies/

Wow. Just wow.
0 x
:hug:
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

The purpose is protection for all people, both sides. It is evil to continue to allow what is happening. Bide MN s policies of lack of them is killing America MN s, putting too hem to in harms way in SO many ways, and are not helping those thous as nds upon thousands continuing to come.

What are you/we doing to help the situation besides criticizing those who want to help? Biden has let it get "that bad".
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

This reminds of a small truckers’ effort in the U.S. at the time of the Canada truck convoy .. which, outside this forum, no one i knew was aware of the Canada situation. As usual.

i noticed a couple of fringe references to truckers organizing to go to the border, i didn’t click on any before this topic.

In the past, it’s been common for trucks to organize to get water+supplies to areas in need.

It’s important to not make mountains out of mole hills.

i put the responsibility of “all this” at the feet of “politicians of decades” .. who have FAILED to do Basic Governance 101,
for their own momentary self-serving wants.

Truckers organizing for some political statement have been popping up in various countries, with varying results.

“Men with trucks” is not the same as men with guns, men with military aggression, etc.
i don’t begrudge them a voice. i don’t expect them to be c.Anabaptist. i don’t believe they have bad intentions.

poor leadership often leads to .. protests.

- - - - - - -
What is narcissistic word salad?
As part of their word salad, they will throw random words and comments into the conversation that have nothing to do with what you are talking about and make no sense. This is to throw you off and distract you from the point you are trying to make.

Is word salad gaslighting?
Falling victim to narcissistic Word Salad can be incredibly damaging to your sense of self.
For starters, this gaslighting tactic can leave you feeling confused, frustrated, and unsure of yourself. This is crazy-making at its best because it leaves you questioning your own reality.

When politicians throw out proclamations/empty platitudes that sound good on surface, while glossing over teeny strategic exceptions, i believe this is narcissistic Word Salad. At its worst when lives are at stake.

Blue collar workers don’t appreciate high brow word games. They have trucks and don’t mind driving them.

- - - - - - -

Another example of political double talk is claiming to pass pro life laws, while including language for exceptions
(exceptions that are adequately broad ANY abortionist can use it to justify ANY abortion on ANY woman (or man) at ANY time.

Word games. The specialty of law schools.

i don’t expect everyone to think like me. esp when i haven’t bothered to let them know why i think as i do.
people often have an inborn sense of God, all are God created.

people rarely follow Jesus without first being introduced to Him.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Ernie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:04 am https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/i ... r-rallies/

PNI. Patriotic Nationalist Idolatry.
I don't have a issue with protests but I think they should leave Jesus out of their plans.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

barnhart wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 2:53 pm

I don't have a issue with protests but I think they should leave Jesus out of their plans.
Jesus was a lot of things, but he was NEVER cruel or violent or supportive of authorities who were.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:00 pm

Jesus was a lot of things, but he was NEVER cruel or violent or supportive of authorities who were.
Which authority are you referring to as cruel/violent,,?
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Well, for one, Trump has suggested shooting migrants in the legs. Would you consider that either cruel or violent?
1 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Well, for one, Trump has suggested shooting migrants in the legs. Would you consider that either cruel or violent?
Well Biden is putting the immigrants AND our citizens in danger by allowing deadly drugs killing many Americans, human sex traffickers, terrorists, and oddly enough Chinese men coming through the southern borders for who knows what reason,- that my friend is cruel ,& evil
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:18 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 4:05 pm

Well Biden is putting the immigrants AND our citizens in danger by allowing deadly drugs killing many Americans, human sex traffickers, terrorists, and oddly enough Chinese men coming through the southern borders for who knows what reason,- that my friend is cruel ,& evil
You do realize that most drug smuggling comes straight through regular ports of entry hidden in trucks and on container ships offloaded at seaports.

And the Biden Administration has repeatedly requested additional funding to increase actual border security but Congress has repeatedly failed to act.

These are the places where most drug smuggling actually happens, especially Fentanyl.

What percentage of those containers coming from China do you think are actually screened top to bottom? Same for those thousands of trucks crossing the border daily. In point of fact, they don't actually even unload them until they get to their ultimate destinations.

And building a wall will not stop even one tiny bit of it. Even if Mexico does pay for it :lol:

And actual terrorists (who aren't homegrown) come right in on commercial flights and walk right through immigrations with their passports just like all the 9-11 hijackers did.

1 x