God's Army Convoy

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: God's Army Convoy

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:08 am I wouldn’t say it’s “imaginations”. There were already calls for violence from random people. I would feel confident claiming any such person is probably a fed.
Riiiiight.

This would be a perfectly peaceful country with no armed crazies were it not for those pesky "feds"
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:05 am
Josh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:08 am I wouldn’t say it’s “imaginations”. There were already calls for violence from random people. I would feel confident claiming any such person is probably a fed.
Riiiiight.

This would be a perfectly peaceful country with no armed crazies were it not for those pesky "feds"
Ken, I’ve been in a pleasant and otherwise peaceful forum where there would be 1 troublemaker who would seem to try to steer every conversation to why violent action was needed, and kept wanting other people to participate in his plans for such.

Eventually, the proper response is “Shut up, fed.” When events are clearly being planned as honey traps with clear calls for violence plus gathering people in one place plus the organisers seem to want lots of personal info on everyone involved… one has to stop and ask just for whom they are doing this.

The right wing has wised up to violent agitators and they aren’t exactly welcome. If some is acting crazy and calling for violence, the burden of proof rests on them to prove to me they aren’t a federal informant.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:55 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:05 am
Riiiiight.

Ken, I’ve been in a pleasant and otherwise peaceful forum where there would be 1 troublemaker who would seem to try to steer every conversation to why violent action was needed, and kept wanting other people to participate in his plans for such.

Eventually, the proper response is “Shut up, fed.” When events are clearly being planned as honey traps with clear calls for violence plus gathering people in one place plus the organisers seem to want lots of personal info on everyone involved… one has to stop and ask just for whom they are doing this.

The right wing has wised up to violent agitators and they aren’t exactly welcome. If some is acting crazy and calling for violence, the burden of proof rests on them to prove to me they aren’t a federal informant.
The article was about a bunch of Q-Anon crazies who descended into paranoia about "honey traps" and so forth. It wasn't any sort of evidence that the Feds are trying to lure this motley bunch calling themselves "God's Army" into any sort of trap.

I would suggest that anyone believing any Q-Anon nonsense is already, BY DEFINITION, crazy, and their paranoid delusions can likely be dismissed out of hand.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:55 pm .. I’ve been in a pleasant and otherwise peaceful forum where there would be 1 troublemaker who would seem to try to steer every conversation to why violent action was needed, and kept wanting other people to participate in his plans for such.

Eventually, the proper response is “Shut up, fed.”
When events are clearly being planned as honey traps with clear calls for violence plus gathering people in one place plus the organisers seem to want lots of personal info on everyone involved… one has to stop and ask just for whom they are doing this.

Esp considering current events with errant federal agencies, automatic hand-waving-away is out of place.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:53 pm The article was about a bunch of Q-Anon crazies who descended into paranoia about "honey traps" and so forth. It wasn't any sort of evidence that the Feds are trying to lure this motley bunch calling themselves "God's Army" into any sort of trap.

I would suggest that anyone believing any Q-Anon nonsense is already, BY DEFINITION, crazy, and their paranoid delusions can likely be dismissed out of hand.
Do you think it's "paranoia" and "crazy" that I advise folks to avoid going to "protests" or "rallies" if anyone involved in organising them is making calls for armed violence, revolts, encourages people to show up displaying arms, etc.?
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:01 pm
Ken wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 3:53 pm The article was about a bunch of Q-Anon crazies who descended into paranoia about "honey traps" and so forth. It wasn't any sort of evidence that the Feds are trying to lure this motley bunch calling themselves "God's Army" into any sort of trap.

Do you think it's "paranoia" and "crazy" that I advise folks to avoid going to "protests" or "rallies" if anyone involved in organising them is making calls for armed violence, revolts, encourages people to show up displaying arms, etc.?
I think it is prudent to tell people to be careful about joining any mass protest. Whether it is God's Army, Peace for Gaza, Stop the Steal, or Black Live's Matter. Because every big protest draws crazies like moths to a flame. That is the world we live in. Of course people have the right to protest, but one should indeed be selective about the events one attends. Not because the FBI is lurking. But because there are a lot of crazy people out there who often have malicious intent.
0 x