Haley for President 2024 (and other similar candidates)

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Haley for President 2024 (and other similar candidates)

Post by Ernie »

I don't understand why so many pundits think Haley should drop out of the presidential primaries.

I think that Haley and people like Dean Phillips have something to offer that the leading candidates do not. And I don't see why it is a problem for them to run in all 50 states, all the way to the end, regardless if they lose. It gives voters a bit of a slate to choose from.

By staying in the primaries till the end, they continually remind the country of other values to be considered. If there is concern about using up donated funds, well... that is up to the donors. And if they don't want to spend more donated funds, they can do YouTube videos and get free advertising from news reporters who want to come and interview them. The rest of the time they can work on other things like writing books and taking public speaking engagements.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Haley for President 2024 (and other similar candidates)

Post by Josh »

Ernie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:49 am I don't understand why so many pundits think Haley should drop out of the presidential primaries.

I think that Haley and people like Dean Phillips have something to offer that the leading candidates do not. And I don't see why it is a problem for them to run in all 50 states, all the way to the end, regardless if they lose. It gives voters a bit of a slate to choose from.

By staying in the primaries till the end, they continually remind the country of other values to be considered. If there is concern about using up donated funds, well... that is up to the donors. And if they don't want to spend more donated funds, they can do YouTube videos and get free advertising from news reporters who want to come and interview them. The rest of the time they can work on other things like writing books and taking public speaking engagements.
Dean Phillips had a good campaign message in NH. He was talking about how if he were President he would do something about very high prices for pharmaceuticals in America, that the same companies don't charge people in other countries.

Nimrata Nikki Randhawa-Haley, on the other hand, has so far just talked a lot of warmongering talk about how she'd like to start conflicts with Russia, China, Iran, and other countries. I don't think that's something most Americans are looking for.

She also claims to be a Republican, and part of party politics is that leaders within the party are expected to support the party's nominee for President. So there is pressure on a primary candidate who can't win to stop campaigning against someone within their own party and instead help campaign against the opposing party's candidate. This is just how political parties work.

If you want to see a true opposition voice, then third parties like RFK Jr. would be the place to look. He hasn't dropped out yet and as far as anyone knows has no plans to.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Because of Robert’s fondness for VIVEK R, i’ve been paying attention to him.
Young, energetic, there’s a lot to like.

i was impressed with his decision to suspend his campaign, and to support DJT (the people seem to consistently want him).
If it’s the decision of voters, they should get what they vote for? .. or, what am i missing?

As DR BEN CARSON formerly said, to paraphrase,
“the people should decide, if the decision isn’t the best, so be it, adjust and move on.”

Many want VIVEK R as VPOTUS, i don’t. He’s too strong for that role.

i’d like to see him head the U.S. DOE, or whatever role would have the greatest impact on U.S. education.
The need is great. Possibly no other U.S. problem would have greater impact on the quality of life than gov education.
It’s critical. Balance in education would directly impact the entire workforce. And homes. Maybe the U.S. would value traditional homes again? Education is important.

Libs have dominated education for decades, monopolized, really, more is needed in education than good intentions.

i think gov ed is more pressing than immigration/borders.
Students who are well educated wouldn’t put up with a do-nothing Congress. It doesn’t “add up.”

Gov ed affects all, including private schools and home schools.
In real life, students and the world have to live with the products of gov ed.

VIVEK R is young. He has many years to learn and contribute. i believe he’s well aware of that, and looking forward to it.

N Haley is a career politician representing her corporate donors. Not attractive to me.
There are some reports she’s been involved with “steamy affairs” if that’s the deal breaker. i don’t need to go there to not be a fan.

Most of all, i see lots of good conservatives, all ages, all descriptions. All are needed.
POTUS is only one 4-8 year job.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ernie wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:49 am I don't understand why so many pundits think Haley should drop out of the presidential primaries.

Because Trump and his minions are using every means possible to drive them out of the race.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

fascinating how certain folks can see right-through biased intentional sabotaging of opposing political forces.
almost like like a sixth sense or something, eh? special other-worldly gifts.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Let the voters decide. But will the voters be given the truth that Haley is a warmonger. Her and her husband became wealthy in large part from her ties to a network of defense interests and advocacy organizations tied to U.S. and Israeli intelligence officials.

The United States is already in two proxy wars, do we need more? Wars that will make her even richer?

Nikki Haley’s comments about Vivek R. says it all “Ukraine is the first line of defence for us, and the problem that Vivek doesn’t understand is he wants to hand Ukraine to Russia. He wants to let China eat Taiwan. He wants to go and stop funding Israel”.
0 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Ken wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:52 pm

Because Trump and his minions are using every means possible to drive them out of the race.
But there are pundits that don't particularly like Trump who are also assuming publicly that Haley should or will drop out of the race before or after South Carolina.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:38 am Let the voters decide.

But will the voters be given the truth that Haley is a warmonger.

Her and her husband became wealthy in large part from her ties to a network of defense interests and advocacy organizations tied to U.S. and Israeli intelligence officials.

The United States is already in two proxy wars, do we need more? Wars that will make her even richer?

Nikki Haley’s comments about Vivek R. says it all
“Ukraine is the first line of defence for us, and the problem that Vivek doesn’t understand is he wants to hand Ukraine to Russia.
He wants to let China eat Taiwan. He wants to go and stop funding Israel”.
Of all places, on an Anabaptist-led forum, the expectation of appreciation for, 1) military action-averted, AND,
2) the even greater matter in terms of cost of human life, for-profit corporate abortion, would be paramount. No contest.

Yet. A common response is: quiet. Also, “It’s just policy,” thus, a secondary matter. Outward appearances are what counts.

Years have passed. i can’t get over being surprised.

A consummate politician, NH slithers hither+dither, calculating political+personal moves:
She left her UN appointment early to join Boeing, now these questions:

“Nikki Haley Helped Boeing Kill Dark Money Disclosure Initiative”
Following 737 crashes, the GOP presidential hopeful helped crush a proposal to force more disclosure of Boeing’s spending to influence safety regulators.
https://www.levernews.com/nikki-haley-h ... nitiative/

Ambition blinds character. Everything becomes negotiable. Lines are blurred.

The higher the office, the greater temptations.
More is needed than a practiced engaging smile, esp when it’s used to keep the masses dulled while violence, incompetence and corruption are allowed to run free. “It’s normal,” “we want normal.” “Make it look normal.”

If NH were president, where would she be looking to jump next?
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ernie wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:50 am
Ken wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:52 pm

But there are pundits that don't particularly like Trump who are also assuming publicly that Haley should or will drop out of the race before or after South Carolina.
That is called "Horse race Journalism" and it is a plague.

Instead of actually covering the two candidates, identifying and describing their positions and how they can be expected to govern. So that people might make an informed decision. All they do is the utterly lazy thing and cover the polls and ephemeral things called "momentum" and give us breathless narration on who is ahead and who is behind despite the fact that no more people than live in one ordinary suburb have actually voted at this point.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Then, NH is the quintessential Horse Race Journalism candidate.
She, above quite a number of others.

Her gang came up with the “2 man race” phrase, before it was evident to anyone other than in their dreams.
“Say it, market it, pretend it’s true” .. etc. “Fake it till you make it.”

She was picked by msm and their politicians, and she knows it.
If she wasn’t sure of her corporate backing, she’d be long gone. No personal substance.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ters-won-t

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/24/source- ... -loss.html

At least, i think she’s now unlikely to be chosen VPOTUS, that’s a positive. :D
0 x

UNKNOWN