2024 Presidential Campaign Polls

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: 2024 Presidential Campaign Polls

Post by temporal1 »

Ernie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:06 am
JohnHurt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm Once the Democrats are out, and we have a fair and balanced FBI and DOJ, things will be very, very different. I think God would be pleased.
I have yet to see anyone drain the swamp, without refilling the swamp with people like those who were just ousted.
There is no INHERENT difference.
Every human construct requires oversight+accountability.

Most are lazy and want to sleep. Most long for “one+done.” Scriptures warn us this is NOT life on earth.

In the U.S., imperfect as it is, the threat of competing parties is the best tool the people have to mitigate problems.
Thus, politicians found their “work around” by forming a uniparty, which PRETENDS to be 2 parties, but is one.
Political theater.

The founders should have written TERM LIMITS for Congress into the Constitution.
That might have prevented career politicians, uniparty, etc. At least slowed the process.

At the time, they probably presumed sacrificial public service would not require forced departure! :lol:
Once public service was replaced with self-service, these people defy Death, itself, to hang onto their generous meal tickets.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:24 am
JohnHurt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm Once the Democrats are out, and we have a fair and balanced FBI and DOJ, things will be very, very different. I think God would be pleased.
I have yet to see anyone drain the swamp, without refilling the swamp with people like those who were just ousted.
Well you'd probably have to really follow it all, to see the difference and as true Anabaptists, you're not going to do that but getting your info from short clips here & there and drawing conclusions, it's better just to stay complety away. I liken it to unbelievers that is will use Scripture our of context to make their arguments. Better than to do what Scripture teaches-;pray for those who God appoints and if everyone really does that maybe we will see a difference.

I happen to think Trump's appointments to the Supreme court HAS made a difference
It has.
In the process, the ugly underbelly of the DNC reveals, they have ZERO respect for court rulings that don’t go their way.
It’s important to know that. It’s the equivalent of MOB RULE, which is nothing new in world history.

It’s important to know what’s in front of you.
0 x

UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

JohnHurt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm The only way the Democrats can hold onto power in 2024 is to steal the election like they did in 2020, or kill the candidate that is the greatest threat to them.
The allegation that the election was stolen in 2020 has been disproved numerous times. This false statement led to violence.

Claiming the only way Democrats can hold on to power is by cheating is a way to ensure violence once the Democrats win. People who believe it may use armed force to "protect their country".
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Most of the youth are not rich or able to go to college, so they are not being "socialized" by the college "experience". They are welders, warehouse workers, and work with their hands, and they are now broke under Biden, while they had what the needed under Trump. The Democrats just don't get it. There is a tidal wave of young people that hate Biden and what the Democrats are doing to our country.
And adding insult to injury, the welders,warehouse workers, and others who work hard at a trade, are not only suffering under Biden, they are now forced to pay for the college loans (via taxes) of those who went to college. Thanks to Biden.

But the worst is that Biden has been and still is a horrible warmonger. There is so much blood on Biden's warmongering hands it is astounding. He emboldened Putin in attacking Ukraine, with so many lives lost. He empowered Iran with lifting sanctions on their oil and Iran is now funding Hamas and their horrific killing sprees on many innocent people and their brutality of rapes, cooking babies, etc. As Senator, VP, and President, there is a very long list of Biden, supporting warfare and coups worldwide during his 50 years in D.C. Biden is evil, indifferent to human suffering and killing. Add to that his Open Borders financing murderous Mexican Cartels, all the deadly fentanyl coming from those open borders. He indirectly is enabling the rapes, human and sex trafficking going on at the border. He personifies evil, while he just smirks, slurs his speech, slurps his ice cream, lies constantly, calls reporters SOBs if he doesn't like their questions, while thousands have died and still are dying because of his policies.
or kill the candidate that is the greatest threat to them.
Beings the administration has no regard for the lives of those they deem as less than them, I am surprised that Trump is still alive.
1 x
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

JimFoxvog wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:03 am
JohnHurt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm The only way the Democrats can hold onto power in 2024 is to steal the election like they did in 2020, or kill the candidate that is the greatest threat to them.
The allegation that the election was stolen in 2020 has been disproved numerous times. This false statement led to violence.

Claiming the only way Democrats can hold on to power is by cheating is a way to ensure violence once the Democrats win. People who believe it may use armed force to "protect their country".
The only "Republican violence" I saw was on Jan 6 where there were bus loads of Antifa and FBI agents dressed as Trump supporters and attacking the Capitol. I also saw the FBI asset Ray Epps encouraging people to assault the Capitol building, and the Republicans all started yelling "Fed! Fed! Fed! because they knew Epps was a federal agent working for the FBI. Ted Cruz and other members of Congress have confronted Garland and Wray over the FBI's role in the Jan 6 "Entrapment Day" - and Garland/Wray won't deny what the FBI did under oath as they would both go to jail for perjury. So they refuse to comment, which says it all.

So you have the shoe on the wrong foot on that one. The Establishment was behind Jan 6th. Pelosi ordered the National Guard and police to stand down that day. And the Establishment opened the magnetically locked Capitol doors so that the protesters, or "patsies" could enter the Capitol building and then be charged with "insurrection". It is all on video. And it is all a setup by the Democrats.

I also remember the BLM riots that burned down cities in 2020. The partial list of cities is:
Atlanta,
Bakersfield
Boston,
Chicago,
Columbus,
Dallas/Ft Worth
Des Moines
Denver
Detroit
DC
Houston
Los Angeles
Louisville
Memphis,
Minneapolis
NYC
Phoenix
Portland
Sacramento
San Jose
https://www.nj.com/news/2020/05/these-a ... death.html

If Trump wins, these BLM and Democrat people are going to wreak havoc. I don't think any of them are still in jail, like the Jan 6 people.

Jim, it is not the Republicans that are violent, it is the Democrats.

As far as the 2020 election being stolen, you can read the latest developments about hacking the Dominion Voting machines:

Election Expert Hacks into Dominion Voting Machine in Front of Georgia Judge USING ONLY A PEN To Change Vote Totals

https://www.infowars.com/posts/election ... te-totals/

The mainstream media won't tell you any of this. We have the internet now, and people know the truth about the 2020 election. The media can no longer cover it up.

A lot of the people that oppose the Democrats, like Alex Jones, are emphatic about not resorting to violence, as that would make them into a martyr, which is exactly what they want.

The election will be won for Trump by a landslide so big it cannot be stolen, and a new impartial FBI and DOJ will put all of these people behind bars. They are desperate now.

You cannot sell your influence as President or Secretary of State in exchange for someone making donations to your "foundation" or "buying Hunter's watercolor paintings" and get away with it. These people need to go to jail. And they will engineer violence to keep that from happening. The violence always comes from their side.

I will be surprised if Trump lives to be President #47. These people will stop at nothing.

Have a great day.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Valerie wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 7:24 am
Well you'd probably have to really follow it all, to see the difference and as true Anabaptists, you're not going to do that but getting your info from short clips here & there and drawing conclusions, it's better just to stay complety away.
Valerie has a point here. People who grew up immersed in Anabaptist circles simply can’t truly comprehend how outside politics work. (They probably can in their own town, sphere of influence, etc.)

In particular, Anabaptist background people seem really prone to propaganda, which is what almost all political messaging is.
1 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

I wonder if fewer people in fact care about the outcome of the upcoming election than they did in 2020. This writer seems to think so, under the headline "Inside the collapsing U.S. political-media-industrial-complex."
Semafor wrote:...the evidence continues to show one thing: many fewer people care.

Traffic to political coverage on digital news sites is down compared to the 2020 and 2016 presidential primaries. Television ratings for the Iowa caucuses were terrible: CNN averaged 688K total viewers with 194K in the 25-54 demo sought by advertisers in the primetime hours of 8 to 11 pm, while MSNBC averaged 1.15 million total viewers, with 143K in the demo. Fox couldn’t crack 2.8 million viewers, with 402K in the demo. In 2020, Fox News drew 4.4 million viewers overall, while 1.8 million people tuned into CNN and 2.5 million watched MSNBC. That was down 17% across the board from 2016 Iowa caucus viewership. By comparison, the NFL wild card game between the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Philadelphia Eagles the same night drew 28.62 million viewers.

It was a little-kept secret of Trump’s rise that, even as he attacked American media and was treated by them as a threat to democracy, he rescued their advertising and subscription businesses. As CBS Chairman Les Moonves notoriously quipped to investors in February of 2016, “It may not be good for America, but it’s damn good for CBS.”

Media executives are beginning to reckon with the reality that the 2024 race won’t bring a “Trump bump” to save ad budgets or bring back readers, listeners, and viewers. In a public interview at Davos last week, the new Washington Post CEO, Will Lewis said the publication that boomed during the first Trump era will now be looking for subscribers elsewhere.

“I’m not convinced that will be the case,” Lewis said of predictions of another “Trump bump.”
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Both P. Trump and P. Obama brought in a lot of new voters. Maybe there is a regression to the mean. Among my general acquaintances and people I see at work, the energy is lower on all sides.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:22 pm I wonder if fewer people in fact care about the outcome of the upcoming election than they did in 2020.
This writer seems to think so, under the headline "Inside the collapsing U.S. political-media-industrial-complex."

i appreciate the underlined phrasing. i take it to mean what i’ve thought of as the “magnificent propaganda machine,” that i compare with WWII’s Tokyo Rose. i believe HRC was horrified it failed to carry her in 2016 (and, so was i). IT IS HUGE. PMIC? :P

It is so huge, i marvel conservatives exist, yet they do, in numbers probably greater than half .. as things are, it’s impossible to know, it’s known they routinely “concede” about half. Certainly, not willingly. :lol:

Overall, wrt to caring about the election, i’m not sure. My personal circle is tiny. Not political.

One thing.
The various conservative black folks i follow pay attention to, all ages - (just because i’m personally interested in how this group thinks+functions, they don’t rely on msm/political attention, that’s for sure) seem VERY ENTHUSIASTIC about DJT these days, to the point i’m a little cautious for them.

After all, most of a year remains. Things can change quickly+drastically. Whiplash. i’m happy to see them encouraged.
Lots of good people there. Not expecting fanfare, or even basic recognition. Many sincere Christians.
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

JohnHurt wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm They would make him into a martyr and prove that everything he said was true. So they probably won't do it.
Thing is, JAMIE DIMON isn’t widely known (i’m sure he is in his rareified circles).
He seriously stepped on sensitive toes, he reminded me of ELON MUSK as he spoke.

In the video, he doesn’t appear suicidal to me. We’ll see.

i was 13 when JFK was assassinated, then, others in the 60’s.
i suppose i anticipate more of it. there is a lot of violence. also, suspicious “quiet” deaths.
0 x

UNKNOWN