2024 Presidential Campaign Polls

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: 2024 Presidential Campaign Polls

Post by JimFoxvog »

Here is a long detailed poll from Reuters:
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/fil ... 202023.pdf

I find it of particular interest that the percentage that says they would vote for Trump drops to 25% if he's convicted of a felony. (page 14)

It would seem important to get speedy trials. To make an informed choice, people should know if a person on the ballot is a criminal. If he believes he's innocent, Trump should want to get this out of the way.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

JimFoxvog wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:34 am Here is a long detailed poll from Reuters:
https://www.ipsos.com/sites/default/fil ... 202023.pdf

I find it of particular interest that the percentage that says they would vote for Trump drops to 25% if he's convicted of a felony. (page 14)

It would seem important to get speedy trials. To make an informed choice, people should know if a person on the ballot is a criminal. If he believes he's innocent, Trump should want to get this out of the way.
He doesn't believe he is innocent. He believes he is above the law. That is what his actual court filings have said. There is a difference.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

JohnHurt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 am DJT is a known quantity, we saw what he did when he got into office. He was undone because he made a lot of really poor picks, like ... Mike Pence for VP. The honest people in DC, like General Flynn, were destroyed before they got off the ground....
John, are you questioning Pence's honesty, or his competence? I've tended to view him as one of Trump's best picks, but like all politicians his public image may be distorted.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken

Post by Ken »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:30 pm
JohnHurt wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 am DJT is a known quantity, we saw what he did when he got into office. He was undone because he made a lot of really poor picks, like ... Mike Pence for VP. The honest people in DC, like General Flynn, were destroyed before they got off the ground....
John, are you questioning Pence's honesty, or his competence? I've tended to view him as one of Trump's best picks, but like all politicians his public image may be distorted.
And labeling General Flynn as one of the honest ones is comedic. He was actually convicted of and pled guilty to lying to the FBI. Honest people don't do that.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:34 pm
And labeling General Flynn as one of the honest ones is comedic. He was actually convicted of and pled guilty to lying to the FBI. Honest people don't do that.
Yeah. The FBI is in infallible, and never coerces people into plea bargains.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:29 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:34 pm
Yeah. The FBI is in infallible, and never coerces people into plea bargains.
Are you seriously claiming that Flynn DIDN'T lie to the FBI?

Which, of course would mean that he way lying when he pled guilty and testified in court that he had lied to the FBI.

Either way he is a dishonest liar. Either he lied to the FBI or lied to the court. It has to be one or the other.
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:39 am

He doesn't believe he is innocent. He believes he is above the law. That is what his actual court filings have said. There is a difference.
Unlike Biden and his family who not only think they are above the law, they also believe they are innocent as they seem to believe their own lies. Like the lie told by Biden that he never talked to his son about his business dealings. And when the Oversight committee wants information from Hunter, his mama says they are "cruel", like her 50 year old son is still only twelve and is being bullied by school yard bullies.
Last edited by Grace on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

I agree. Same with Biden, if he didn't take bribery money from foreign nationals in "pay to play" schemes, he would welcome speedy investigations into his dealings, and get that out of the way.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:50 pm
I agree. Same with Biden, if he didn't take bribery money from foreign nationals in "pay to play" schemes, he would welcome speedy investigations into his dealings, and get that out of the way.
this presumes rulings get it right the first time, and do not lead to appeals.
appeals (and other tactics) have become SOP. the notion of speedy trials has become archaic. (in my eyes)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

One of the first things Pence did after announcing that he was running for President in 2024 was to visit Zelensky in Ukraine promising unlimited support for the never ending war there. We don't need someone like that in office.

Before the 2016 inauguration, Pence was one of the main players, along with Comey that destroyed Michael Flynn - supposedly for Flynn making contacts with members of foreign governments, which is what Flynn's role as National Security Adviser requires. That Flynn supposedly lied, or was set up by Comey to make it look like he lied, and Pence and the Mainstream media jumped all over it. The type of conscientious person that Michael Flynn is required him to resign for the sake of the country. He couldn't be effective, so he left.

So Pence is credited with Flynn's disaster, as well as some others. Some of Pence's statements during his 2024 campaign really let us know his true colors.

Now, I don't need to convince you or Ken of any of this. This is what everyone believes, and here is the proof.

Mike Pence's presidential campaign collapsed before it even got off the ground, he is finished as a politician. But at the same time, Michael Flynn is now highly regarded on various talk shows. Flynn is popular, but nobody cares or would even listen to Mike Pence.

DC politics and the Dinosaur Mainstream Media are brutal, and got rid of Flynn before he even got into office.

Conservative voters, who listen to the alternative media, are just as brutal - and go against the Mainstream Media and the DC politics.

I understand that CNN has only 100,000 viewers for their shows, while Joe Rogan will have 30 million views for his podcasts. If you are still watching the mainstream media, you won't understand what is happening.

The mainstream media sees nothing wrong with Mike Pence. That's what is wrong. Pence is pro-war, and part of the Establishment, and the voters are rejecting him.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."