OSS Psychological Profile of Adolph Hitler

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Re: OSS Psychological Profile of Adolph Hitler

Post by mike »

Reading over Hitler's thinking about himself, I think it becomes clear he was a singular figure at least in modern times. I don't know of any other person in modern history who was so incredibly self-important, self-aggrandizing, narcissistic, and megalomaniacal, while at the same time convincing so many others that he was God's gift to them. Unbelievable.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike

Post by mike »

And his application of biblical stories to himself was about as ridiculous as they come. Look how he applied Jesus' cleansing of the temple.

0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike

Post by mike »

This excerpt might give a reason why a Hitler-like figure is unlikely to happen again, at least without a complete embargo on the Internet. Given there is Internet access, it seems unlikely that the information provided to a society could be so completely controlled and manipulated as it was in Nazi Germany.

0 x
mike

Post by mike »

The extent to which the German people viewed him as quasi-divine is amazing.

0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

mike wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:27 am This excerpt might give a reason why a Hitler-like figure is unlikely to happen again, at least without a complete embargo on the Internet. Given there is Internet access, it seems unlikely that the information provided to a society could be so completely controlled and manipulated as it was in Nazi Germany.

There are plenty of people, such as Taylor Lorenz and Liz-Fong Jones, who are working very hard to try to maintain complete control and manipulation over the Internet.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

Maybe I was wrong about him not having a sense of humor

0 x
mike

Post by mike »

I skipped the psychoanalysis section. I think the conclusions of the paper were accurate. The paper ends with a short list of possibilities of what may happen to Hitler, and this one obviously hit the nail on the head.

1 x
mike

Post by mike »

Who was this profile written for?
0 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

mike wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:37 am The extent to which the German people viewed him as quasi-divine is amazing.

I've heard people of influence here say similar things, but it's possible Hitler was able to control a greater percentage of the population than any before or after. So far.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

barnhart wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:30 am I've heard people of influence here say similar things, but it's possible Hitler was able to control a greater percentage of the population than any before or after. So far.
I think that's possible. I just don't see a similar thing happening these days because, no matter what party or cause, a political figure always generates very loud and significant dissent. Attempts at censorship just fan the flames. There's way too much freedom of information for anyone to control what large populations are allowed to know. About the only way I can see a similar situation of information control happening is if a country isolates itself from the global internet. Maybe that's the way it is in North Korea or some place, I don't know.
0 x