OSS Psychological Profile of Adolph Hitler

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

OSS Psychological Profile of Adolph Hitler

Post by Bootstrap »

We discuss a lot of things related to authoritarians, history, and politics here in the Politics subforum.

I just discovered this: a US intelligence service "psychological profile" of Adolph Hitler. Worth reading for historical perspective.

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CI ... 0001-5.pdf

The table of contents is interesting. I have not yet tried to think about what parts of this were accurate or inaccurate or how we could know, but it looks like it might be interesting reading for background.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 16.04.50.png
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: OSS Psychological Profile of Adolph Hitler

Post by Josh »

Really, Boot?

Do we really need to read CIA reports on... Hitler?

Do we need to be thinking about, studying, or reading about, Hitler, at all?
2 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:07 pm We discuss a lot of things related to authoritarians, history, and politics here in the Politics subforum.

I just discovered this: a US intelligence service "psychological profile" of Adolph Hitler. Worth reading for historical perspective.

https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CI ... 0001-5.pdf

The table of contents is interesting. I have not yet tried to think about what parts of this were accurate or inaccurate or how we could know, but it looks like it might be interesting reading for background.

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 16.04.50.png
When was it written? It was obviously before the end of the war but I'm curious when exactly.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:06 pm When was it written? It was obviously before the end of the war but I'm curious when exactly.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

i got over my fear of DJT after he was in office for several months, i distinctly remember it was not TEOTW.
biden in office has made me miss DJT. with “normal” politics, i’m uneasy about life and the future for young people.

those who profit from “normal” politics are clearly dedicated to ensuring they keep the money flowing in their direction.

to each their own.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
mike

Post by mike »

I don’t know why Trump had to come up in this thread, but now that I think about it, one of many differences between Trump and Hitler could be that Hitler had no sense of humor.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

mike wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:15 pm I don’t know why Trump had to come up in this thread, but now that I think about it, one of many differences between Trump and Hitler could be that Hitler had no sense of humor.
you don’t notice the daily msm focus on relating the two? seeing that, and adding in forum history .. was it a leap?
or cutting to the chase? i expect the focus to intensify to extremes in 2024. possibly to hysteria.

i think i agree, i don’t recall any account of Hitler associated with humor.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
mike

Post by mike »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:24 pm
mike wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:15 pm I don’t know why Trump had to come up in this thread, but now that I think about it, one of many differences between Trump and Hitler could be that Hitler had no sense of humor.
you don’t notice the daily msm focus on relating the two? seeing that, and adding in forum history .. was it a leap?
or cutting to the chase? i expect the focus to intensify to extremes in 2024. possibly to hysteria.

i think i agree, i don’t recall any account of Hitler associated with humor.
No I don't. I spend a lot more time reading/listening to history than I do current events these days.
1 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Request:

This thread is about the article in the OP, which was written in 1943. Please do not discuss any modern politician in this thread.

And please read the article before posting in this thread.
2 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

I was fascinated by the discussion about Hitler, religion, and Christianity in this profile.

Anyone want to comment on that?
0 x