Biden Impeachment Inquiry

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Biden Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Ken »

JimFoxvog wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:11 pm Has someone here studied the history of impeachment?

The impeachments I have heard of all involve alleged misdeeds done while in the office a person was being impeached from. Here the alleged misdeeds are way back when Biden was VP. Is this normal?
There isn’t that much history. Only Andrew Johnson in 1868, Clinton in 1998, and the two Trump impeachments.

The others were all for acts committed while in office. And none were successful. This one won’t be either.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Ken wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:40 pm
JimFoxvog wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:11 pm Has someone here studied the history of impeachment?

The impeachments I have heard of all involve alleged misdeeds done while in the office a person was being impeached from. Here the alleged misdeeds are way back when Biden was VP. Is this normal?
There isn’t that much history. Only Andrew Johnson in 1868, Clinton in 1998, and the two Trump impeachments.

The others were all for acts committed while in office. And none were successful. This one won’t be either.
I'm aware of the presidential impeachments. I was not only considering the impeachment of presidents.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I have not heard him speak about this one yet, but Alan Dershowitz said all previous Impeachments were unjustified. I think he may feel the same about this if it gets to an Impeachment. It is not yet. It is only an inquiry.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

This article was written by the author of the book "High Crimes and Misdemeanors: A History of Impeachment for the Age of Trump".

https://www.justsecurity.org/90670/the- ... l-anarchy/

He goes into some detail on this history, looking at every case so far. I'd be interested in things written by other authors of books on impeachment - does anyone know of articles where historians or legal scholars like Jon Meacham, Allan J. Lichtman, Laurence Tribe, Frank O. Bowman III, or Cass R. Sunstein have weighed in on the Biden impeachment inquiry?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:16 am ... does anyone know of articles where historians or legal scholars like Jon Meacham, Allan J. Lichtman, Laurence Tribe, Frank O. Bowman III, or Cass R. Sunstein have weighed in on the Biden impeachment inquiry?
Here's an earlier interview with John Meacham:

MSNBC is not allow on this forum.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?