Nikki Haley , Our next president ?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Jeff Altweg
Affiliation: mennonite

Nikki Haley , Our next president ?

Post by Jeff Altweg »

Nikki Haley our very poplar ex-governor ,is doing very well in the Republican Primary trenches .....i'm from SC ,but have never met or talked to her , (though I once chatted with Joe Biden ,here in SC )
It's worth noting ,that when she worked for Donald Trump ,She was very well liked as the UN ambassador, and that when Nikki ,and President Trump ,showed up together at some function or other, The crowds of people would often push towards her ,not President trump, to touch hands ,or try get an autograph from her , And that made President Trump jealous , that that happened like that.....because he is quite a vain person ....
So, keep that in mind , if Pres. Trump keels over ,for whatever reason, his age or health etc,..She'll be right there ,you heard about it right here on MennoNet....
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Nikki Haley , Our next president ?

Post by Josh »

#1, mods, can you please move this to the Politics forum?

#2, I'm not sure when coming in #3 is considered "doing very well":
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/po ... /national/

Back in February, Trump was polling at 43%, DeSantis at 32%, and Haley at 6.2%

Trump is now 63%, DeSantis at 12%, Haley at 11%, and Ramaswamy at 4%.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why political parties bother with the "clown car" of candidates like this. You have a bunch of primary candidates who have no chance of winning. They run for other reasons, perhaps to get their name out there, or to hoover up campaign finance dollars. There is about a zero chance Nimrata Randawha-Haley will be our next President.

Edit: I think Nimrata "Nikki" Haley may be cynically running and then hoping to trade an endorsement of Trump for a position in his future administration. Which makes the idea of anyone supporting her for President even sillier.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Josh wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:37 am I think Nimrata "Nikki" Haley
"Nikki" is Haley's middle name, which she has gone by since she was a child.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-n ... 2441389596
But while Haley’s legal first name is indeed Nimarata, sometimes spelled as Nimrata, her middle name is Nikki — a name that her family called her growing up and that means “little one” in Punjabi, as The Associated Press has reported.

Haley’s campaign told the AP in a statement: “Amb. Haley has gone by her middle name Nikki since she was born.”

Haley herself addressed claims about her name in a 2018 tweet, writing: “Nikki is my name on my birth certificate. I married a Haley. I was born Nimarata Nikki Randhawa and married Michael Haley.”
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:37 am
Frankly, I'm not even sure why political parties bother with the "clown car" of candidates like this. You have a bunch of primary candidates who have no chance of winning. They run for other reasons, perhaps to get their name out there, or to hoover up campaign finance dollars. There is about a zero chance Nimrata Randawha-Haley will be our next President.
A Colorado court ruled that Trump engaged in insurrection, but that the President is not an officer of the United States for the purpose of the 14th Amendment. The finding of fact is less likely to be overturned on appeal than the finding of law. The Supreme Court could well rule that Trump is not eligible to be President. Then those who like Trump will probably look for the most similar candidate.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Republicans don't want a traditional conservative in the Reagan/Bush/McCain mold. A mold into which Haley clearly fits.

They want Trump. And that seems to be who they are going to get as a nominee.

Whether he wins the White House again? Who knows. I've given up trying to make predictions when it comes to Trump.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Jeff Altweg wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:12 am ...
So, keep that in mind , if Pres. Trump keels over ,for whatever reason, his age or health etc,..
So you think she has broken with President Trump to the point VP is no longer a question.
0 x