Trump on abortion restrictions: "a terrible thing", "a terrible mistake"

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Trump on abortion restrictions: "a terrible thing", "a terrible mistake"

Post by Valerie »

ohio jones wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:12 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:06 pm The remarkable thing is how consistently pro life DJT has been...
Since 2016 anyway. Back in 1999 he was pro-choice.

Meanwhile, in 1982 Senator Biden voted in favor of a constitutional amendment to overturn Roe v. Wade. (Caveats: The vote was in the Judiciary Committee and did not advance to the full Senate. A year later, he voted against a similar measure.)
He took a stand. Perhaps he became more educated about abortion. Who hasn't?
Biden is Catholic. In 1982 he may have let the faith he came from influence him more than it obviously does now. Now he is pro abortion, pro transgender, pro gay. Pro Hunter regardless of the obvious.

As a Mennonite man said to me, it doesn't matter where you've been but where you're going. They both changed their beliefs about abortions
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:21 pm
temporal1 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:06 pm The remarkable thing is how consistently pro life DJT has been...

Meanwhile, in 1982 Senator Biden voted in favor of a constitutional amendment to overturn Roe v. Wade. (Caveats: The vote was in the Judiciary Committee and did not advance to the full Senate. A year later, he voted against a similar measure.)
Well, from 2016 until 2023. I don't think Trump is saying the same thing today that he said in 2016.
Bring up an entire speech from then and now so we can hear the difference.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:30 pm Bring up an entire speech from then and now so we can hear the difference.
Scroll back to see the complete interview and the transcript of the part that is on the subject of abortion. I already provided that.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:42 pm
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:30 pm Bring up an entire speech from then and now so we can hear the difference.
Scroll back to see the complete interview and the transcript of the part that is on the subject of abortion. I already provided that.
You have provided both years there? I will look
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:28 pm

Biden is Catholic. In 1982 he may have let the faith he came from influence him more than it obviously does now. Now he is pro abortion, pro transgender, pro gay. Pro Hunter regardless of the obvious.

As a Mennonite man said to me, it doesn't matter where you've been but where you're going. They both changed their beliefs about abortions
Trump didn't change his position on abortion until he decided to run for president as a Republican. So that change came when he was about 69 years old.

Was that deep-felt conviction or political expedience? Your guess is as good as mine I suppose.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

P.246 / Ukraine:
Bootstrap wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 6:04 am
temporal1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:44 pm Jan 2023: NO / Biden: U.S. will not send F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine / 4min

May 2023: YES / Biden backs plan to provide F-16 fighter jets to Ukraine / -2min
Biden changed his mind. Presidents do that. .. ..

i will wait to learn more from the source, not interested in opinions/speculation from those diametrically, emotionally, hysterically opposed to DJT.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:56 pm

Trump didn't change his position on abortion until he decided to run for president as a Republican. So that change came when he was about 69 years old.

Was that deep-felt conviction or political expedience? Your guess is as good as mine I suppose.
He could have run as a Democrat and won. BuT his position on abortion changed as did many. That made him unpopular with Dems.

He was popular with Democrat people. I think he was sick of what he saw happening in/to our country. Otherwise, he could have lived happily ever after. He did not NEED the job he was elected to and for NO pay. That's my guess
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:04 pm

He could have run as a Democrat and won. BuT his position on abortion changed as did many. That made him unpopular with Dems.

He was popular with Democrat people. I think he was sick of what he saw happening in/to our country. Otherwise, he could have lived happily ever after. He did not NEED the job he was elected to and for NO pay. That's my guess
No, he could not have run as a Democrat. Not after spending 2007 and 2008 going after Obama on the whole racist "birther" nonsense that he relentlessly repeated during the 2008 campaign. And not before that either. He had no Democratic constituency.

He hobnobbed in some Democratic circles because he was rich and a thick checkbook will get you into any political event, Republican or Democratic. But he was never popular with actual Democrats.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

As a Mennonite man said to me, it doesn't matter where you've been but where you're going.
They both changed their beliefs about abortions
For me, when comparing policies, and behaviors, “in elected office” is a different animal than private citizens.
There are different obligations involved. There are oaths of office.

i realize opposing politicians and msm have no interest in discernment, not wrt DJT.
If the shoe was on the other foot ..

Not much to speculate about.
Until 2016, DJT was courted by the DNC. He was loved and included in all matters, including weddings.

- - - - - - -

i believe he saw reality in the DNC, as have others who have left. That is, the party is run as a cabal, a mob, a crime family.
i couldn’t be more sorry to say that. Thus, the figurehead is meaningless. RFK is the current example. Not the first.

The RNC is not untouched. Just not as far down the rabbit hole.
Last edited by temporal1 on Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:16 pm
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:04 pm

No, he could not have run as a Democrat. Not after spending 2007 and 2008 going after Obama on the whole racist "birther" nonsense that he relentlessly repeated during the 2008 campaign. And not before that either. He had no Democratic constituency.

He hobnobbed in some Democratic circles because he was rich and a thick checkbook will get you into any political event, Republican or Democratic. But he was never popular with actual Democrats.
I disagree. I saw him on a show where the hosts of women thought he was so great & their audience suggesting he run for president long before he did. I saw these same women hosts turn on him- being pro-life seemed to cause the
m to turn on him. There are many people that see that the Democrat party has changed for the worse. He was paying attention. Are you?
0 x