Joe Biden Impeachment Inquiry

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Joe Biden Impeachment Inquiry

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:46 am
Grace wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:37 am [Biden] lies almost every time he makes a speech.
I think Biden's "lies" are mostly inaccurate memories, such as Trump saying he saw the plane hit the first tower on 9/11 on TV. They aren't the deliberate lies Biden's predecessor tells many times in each speech.

I sure wish we'd have better candidates. Biden has accomplished a lot, but I don't like these kinds of errors either. We all have inaccurate "memories" but this is too much.
I remember exactly where I was in 9/11. I was in the DC area, as was Biden. You’d think an active senator would have a strong memory of that time. Unfortunately it is starting to be obvious he doesn’t and needs to be spending time in retirement, which is perfectly reasonable for someone hitting 80.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Grace wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:37 am [Biden] lies almost every time he makes a speech.
I think Biden's "lies" are mostly inaccurate memories, such as Trump saying he saw the plane hit the first tower on 9/11 on TV. They aren't the deliberate lies Biden's predecessor tells many times in each speech.

I sure wish we'd have better candidates. Biden has accomplished a lot, but I don't like these kinds of errors either. We all have inaccurate "memories" but this is too much.
I agree about wishing we had better candidates and his inaccurate memories are just too much. BTW I have to say, calling his lies "inaccurate memories" is kind of you. He has been having 'inaccurate memories" for 50 years.
2 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:47 am

I agree about wishing we had better candidates and his inaccurate memories are just too much. BTW I have to say, calling his lies "inaccurate memories" is kind of you. He has been having 'inaccurate memories" for 50 years.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:47 pm

Something is fishy about this clip.

I watched his speech ladt Saturday night which he spoke for 2 hours without missing a beat or making a lny such errors.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:13 am
Ken wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:47 pm

Something is fishy about this clip. I will search for the "entire" talk. Most commentaries are about how amazingly sharp he his.
Seems there's a misunderstanding with this shortbout of context clip.
I watched his speech last Saturday night which he spoke for 2 hours without missing a beat or making a lny such errors.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:13 amI watched his speech ladt Saturday night which he spoke for 2 hours without missing a beat or making a lny such errors.
Wow, you have a lot more stamina and devotion that I do.

I don't think I have ever watched a politician speak for two hours ever. I doubt I have ever sat still to watch one speak for even an hour. And my goodness, most certainly never some random two-hour political rally in the pre-season months before the primaries even start. Life is too short for that.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:22 am
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:13 amI watched his speech ladt Saturday night which he spoke for 2 hours without missing a beat or making a lny such errors.

I don't think I have ever watched a politician speak for two hours ever. I doubt I have ever sat still to watch one speak for even an hour. And my goodness, most certainly never some random two-hour political rally in the pre-season months before the primaries even start. Life is too short for that.
You obviously have a lot of time to kill to dig up clips like that & all you share here. I think if you would take the time you might benefit, I mean if you're just going to talk "about" candidates without listening to full speeches but instead share twisted & inaccurate clips, then keep it up. By the way, thanks for directing me to this, I watched it, the entire speech. You have NO reason to be concerned. Nice try though.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:02 am

You obviously have a lot of time to kill to dig up clips like that & all you share here. I think if you would take the time you might benefit, I mean if you're just going to talk "about" candidates without listening to full speeches but instead share twisted & inaccurate clips, then keep it up. By the way, thanks for directing me to this, I watched it, the entire speech. You have NO reason to be concerned. Nice try though.
I read a variety of political sites from different perspectives and see a variety of things that people forward and post just like they do here. I don't have to go dig them up.

As for listening to speeches? I tend to judge both politicians and people by what they DO rather than what they SAY. That is where the rubber meets the road in both politics and life. Although with Trump it is hard because he is so relentlessly noisy.
0 x
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:16 am
Valerie wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:02 am

I read a variety of political sites from different perspectives and see a variety of things that people forward and post just like they do here. I don't have to go dig them up.

As for listening to speeches? I tend to judge both politicians and people by what they DO rather than what they SAY. That is where the rubber meets the road in both politics and life. Although with Trump it is hard because he is so relentlessly noisy.
Obviously he "dis" what he "said" he would do, which is why he received more votes in 2020 than in 2016. So I am not at Ll for avoiding speeches by candidates that will hold the highest office in the land. By hearing what he sId he planned to do, we were able to see the man fulfilled his campaign promises which were what caused people to vote for him in 2016. Now he can go over these accomplishments as he contends for the office and we can hear what others plan as well. We're not electing a pastor but the President, and all presidents are the Commander in Chief" their re in this nation & the world is not a religious one but this speech you posted the clip of was of interest to the faith community who cares about what's happening in America too- I am not of the opinion that being g Ki gdom mi ded eliminates concern for the earthly kingdom. So I will listen to see if candidates will be.men or women of their word- and I won't apologize for that but I do not devote much time to it myself, less than me nonetheless occupies actually.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Ken wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:16 am I tend to judge both politicians and people by what they DO rather than what they SAY.
I agree. That is why I did not vote for Trump the first time. I was convinced he would not do what he claimed. I was wrong. He followed through with a lot of what he claimed he was going to do. That is why I voted for him the second time. I ignored the Tweets and focused on what he did. The Abraham Accords and pulling out of wars was quite important to me. There was some stuff I did not like, but every leader does that. Overall, I liked what he DID much more than what he SAID.

Thanks for the reminder. It may bring me peace in the coming main elections. I was going to vote third party or write in Vivek. I may change my mind.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.