Mandate for (conservative) Leadership by the 2025 Project

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Praxis+Theodicy
Affiliation: Seeker

Mandate for (conservative) Leadership by the 2025 Project

Post by Praxis+Theodicy »

The Heritage Foundation has a released a nearly 1,000-page action plan for an effective conservative executive branch of the US federal government as soon as the next conservative president is elected (or, the next president who is on board with the neoconservative agenda laid forth in the document).
Most of it seems to be a plan to train people who are loyal to the conservative agenda on the workings of the executive office, so that they can be prepared to immediately be assigned to office by the next loyal president. This book is the "first pillar" of a 4-pillar process:
The project is built on four pillars.

Pillar I—this volume—puts in one place a consensus view of how major federal agencies must be governed and where disagreement exists brackets out these differences for the next President to choose a path.

Pillar II is a personnel database that allows candidates to build their own professional profiles and our coalition members to review and voice their recommendations. These recommendations will then be collated and shared with the President-elect’s team, greatly streamlining the appointment process.

Pillar III is the Presidential Administration Academy, an online educational system taught by experts from our coalition.
For the newcomer, this will explain how the government functions and how to function in government. For the experienced, we will host in-person seminars with advanced training and set the bar for what is expected of senior leadership.

In Pillar IV—the Playbook—we are forming agency teams and drafting transition plans to move out upon the President’s utterance of “so help me God.”
I noticed that Liberty University is listed among the supporters/contributors. I don't know if any of the other supporters are nominally Christian institutions like Liberty. They are on the advisory board, page xii.

If anyone wants to read it, in part or in whole, the document can be found here (PDF download link): [url]https://thf_media.s3.amazonaws.com/project2025/2025_MandateForLeadership_FULL.pdf[/url]

A summary quote from the end of the foreward:
Ultimately, the Left does not believe that all men are created equal—they think they are special. They certainly don’t think all people have an unalienable right to pursue the good life. They think only they themselves have such a right along with a moral responsibility to make decisions for everyone else. They don’t think any citizen, state, business, church, or charity should be allowed any freedom until they first bend the knee.
This book, this agenda, the entire Project 2025 is a plan to unite the conservative movement and the American people against elite rule and woke culture warriors.
Our movement has not been united in recent years, and our country has paid the price. In the past decade, though, the breakdown of the family, the rise of China, the Great Awokening, Big Tech’s abuses, and the erosion of constitutional accountability in Washington have rendered these divisions not just inconvenient but politically suicidal. Every hour the Left directs federal policy and elite institutions, our sovereignty, our Constitution, our families, and our freedom are a step closer to disappearing.
Conservatives have just two years and one shot to get this right. With enemies at home and abroad, there is no margin for error. Time is running short. If we fail, the fight for the very idea of America may be lost.
But we should take this small window of opportunity we have left to act with courage and confidence, not despair. The last time our nation and movement were so near defeat, we rallied together behind a great leader and great ideas, transcended our differences, rescued our nation, and changed the world. It’s time to do it again.
Now, as then, we know who we are fighting and what we are fighting for: for our Republic, our freedom, and for each other. The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025, with a simple choice: greatness or failure. It will be a daunting test, but no more so than every generation of Americans has faced and passed.
The Conservative Promise represents the best effort of the conservative movement in 2023—and the next conservative President’s last opportunity to save our republic.
The sections of the book are:
1. TAKING THE REINS OF GOVERNMENT

2. THE COMMON DEFENSE

3. THE GENERAL WELFARE

4. THE ECONOMY

5. INDEPENDENT REGULATORY AGENCIES
Each of these 5 sections has 3-11 chapters on specific parts of American society that need to be reshaped into a conservative-ideologically friendly form, and how the executive office can do so.
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Re: Mandate for (conservative) Leadership by the 2025 Project

Post by Jazman »

Oh boy... lots of "flight 93" vibes in what you've posted there... Not a healthy foundation, in my opinion. I'm weary of the apocalyptic / bad-reading-of-Revelations / fundamentalist panic attack vibe in this and in our politics in general. In my opinion, it encourages poor choices (or as one brave man of the past (Bonhoeffer) labeled it - "stupidity"...

But, having said all of that, I see some good intentions and maybe even some good policy or goals in the verbiage as well. It's general enough that, if in the hands of a principled / good character person(s), maybe some good things could come from it.
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Jazman wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:22 pm Oh boy... lots of "flight 93" vibes in what you've posted there... Not a healthy foundation, in my opinion. I'm weary of the apocalyptic / bad-reading-of-Revelations / fundamentalist panic attack vibe in this and in our politics in general. In my opinion, it encourages poor choices (or as one brave man of the past (Bonhoeffer) labeled it - "stupidity"...
Is this plan religious at all? I did not see it prescribing what it does for eschatological or indeed for religious reasons at all.
But, having said all of that, I see some good intentions and maybe even some good policy or goals in the verbiage as well. It's general enough that, if in the hands of a principled / good character person(s), maybe some good things could come from it.
One can expect that a conservative think tank and college would publish such things.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

The next conservative President will enter office on January 20, 2025, with a simple choice: greatness or failure.
So apparently they're not backing Trump?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

What happened to optimistic, confident conservatism. I miss it. I didn't always agree but it felt like positive movement.
2 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

barnhart wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:01 pm What happened to optimistic, confident conservatism. I miss it. I didn't always agree but it felt like positive movement.
Their political opposition basically treating them as if they're Nazis. Do this for long enough, and eventually you'll have something that looks a lot more like a war.
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Josh wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:13 pm
barnhart wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:01 pm What happened to optimistic, confident conservatism. I miss it. I didn't always agree but it felt like positive movement.
Their political opposition basically treating them as if they're Nazis. Do this for long enough, and eventually you'll have something that looks a lot more like a war.
I thought most of the GOP are Christians... IF that onslaught were true, why not respond better or more maturely or how about more Christ-like?
This "they made us do it or act this way...", that we hear frequently now, from GOP grown-ups... is a poor one. This defense doesn't work the way its users think it does. To the general populace it reflects poorly on them.
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

No need to look far.
i’m impressed daily with the optimism and resilience reflected by black conservatives, who, i believe, of conservatives, are the most poorly treated. It’s uncanny. i thank God for them. i often quote them, share videos, etc.

i don’t think many could fairly grasp the poor treatment they receive on an ongoing basis. really ugly stuff. in addition to “just” being routinely ignored.

Do you need a list?
Some are running for high elected office, and have been over years.

LARRY ELDER, sadly, was not included in the recent GOP primary debate. Very upbeat guy.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh

Post by Josh »

Jazman wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:42 am
Josh wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:13 pm
I thought most of the GOP are Christians...
#1, I’m not sure what would make you think that

#2, lots of Democrats are allegedly Christians, so your expectation should apply to them as well.

Obviously anyone who gets involved in worldly politics, if they claim to be a Christian, is practicing a Christianity that is flawed.
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

Maybe some of those hopeful conservatives with a positive world view could infiltrate the Heritage Foundation.
2 x