"You can't insult your way to the Presidency"

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: "You can't insult your way to the Presidency"

Post by Grace »

Valerie wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:51 pm I remember Hillary Clinton's remark that mocked stay at home Moms;

Clinton's words from 24 years ago appeared on a giant screen above the stage. “I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession,” flashed on the screen. Signed: “Hillary Clinton.”Nov 5, 2016
Don’t forget Hillary Clinton’s insulting comment, when running for president, that some of Trump supporters were a “basket of deplorables” .

Or the fact she insulted, threatened, attacked and discredited victims of her husband’s sexual assaults and rapes.

And Biden continued to insult the Maui Residents again yesterday. These people lost their friends, loved ones, their homes, their businesses and their whole communities in the most devastating wild fire in the history of the country, were once again compared to Biden’s kitchen fire almost 20 years ago. But this time he added another lie to the story, saying the house “almost collapsed”.

https://nypost.com/2023/08/30/biden-say ... re-crisis/
2 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Curious how you guys have to cover a 30-year time span to find enough insults to equal the volume that Trump can pack into one single unhinged tweet.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:24 am Curious how you guys have to cover a 30-year time span to find enough insults to equal the volume that Trump can pack into one single unhinged tweet.
Okay then, let's focus on more recent insults. How many “single unhinged tweets” has Trump tweeted in the last 2 ½ years from January 2021 to July of 2023?
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Grace wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 pm
Okay then, let's focus on more recent insults. How many “single unhinged tweets” has Trump tweeted in the last 2 ½ years from January 2021 to July of 2023?
i’m encouraged he doesn’t deny the long history of career politicians’ sweeping insults. Is that progress?

Josh was correct earlier, noting insults are part+parcel of U.S. politics.
DJT is not a career politician, so, no lengthy history to draw upon.
Twitter arrived in 2006. It wasn’t an immediate sensation. Politicians eventually use the means at hand.

“Speaking of Pence” :P
he strikes me as one who ignores twitter/x, i count that as in his favor.
My mistake. There’s an archive of his activity: https://twitter.com/VP45

i don’t recommend twitter/x, i think of it as too often a form of masochism, best avoided.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 pmOkay then, let's focus on more recent insults. How many “single unhinged tweets” has Trump tweeted in the last 2 ½ years from January 2021 to July of 2023?
He does his tweeting now on Truth Social.

You can tell when he is losing it when his caps lock key gets stuck from the keyboard pounding. Here's just one of hundreds of recent examples. How many do you want?

Here he is attacking the former Republican Lt. Governor of Georgia and engaging in illegal witness tampering (telling him not to testify)

Her he is in a calmer state with his heartwarming Christmas Eve message to the country last year

But Hillary Clinton talked about baking cookies 30 years ago?
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:36 pm
Grace wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:01 pmOkay then, let's focus on more recent insults. How many “single unhinged tweets” has Trump tweeted in the last 2 ½ years from January 2021 to July of 2023?
He does his tweeting now on Truth Social.
Truth social is NOT Twitter and he didn't tweet anything for 21/2 years as you stated.

It is true Trump is insulting. Some of the things Trump said in those posts are true, (but not all), but he could bring his point across in a nicer manner.

However, maybe we should ask the parents and loved ones of the 13 brave young people who were brutally killed in the botched Afghanistan withdrawal, which they would rather have? Mean tweets are the botched withdrawal and dead loved ones?

Or we should ask the Ukrainians who are having their lives, homes destroyed? We should ask the Ukrainian parents of the children, who are being kidnapped and sent to Russia. Would they rather have a president who uses writes mean stuff, or a president who emboldened Putin by lifting sanctions on Russia? A president who gave Putin the green light for a "minor incursion". (Biden’s own words).

Many of Biden’s insults involve actions. Actions that insult Americans and people abroad.

His constant lying is an insult to the American people, because he thinks we are too stupid to figure out he is lying, and that we will stupidly believe his lies.

Whenever his press secretary comes out and speaks for Biden, she insults people with her lies.

And Biden keeps using his disgusting, insulting words comparing his kitchen fire 20 years ago, to the people in Maui who had, children, loved ones, friends, and neighbors burned to death.

0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Trump throws out actual deliberate insults. By the thousands. You can't miss them. It is his stock and trade. He is a professional bully. He takes pride in it.

On the other hand, partisans search far and wide to try to find something, anything, that Biden says or does that they can pretend to be offended by.

There is a difference.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

=Ken post_id=203420 time=1693509987 user_id=4498]
Trump throws out actual deliberate insults. By the thousands. You can't miss them. It is his stock and trade. He is a professional bully. He takes pride in it.
I am not condoning his tactics, but it was his brash, bullying tactics that kept our nation out of war and kept evil dictators, like Putin at bay. We knew Putin's goal was to take Ukraine in his quest to march across and destroy Europe. But it didn't dare as long as we had a brash bully running the country.
On the other hand, partisans search far and wide to try to find something, anything, that Biden says or does that they can pretend to be offended by.
Kind of like partisans constantly look for and anything and everything pertaining to Trump, so they can pretend to be offended. And they love the gift of Trump, especially the media. His words put him in focus, taking the focus off the corruption that is being revealed almost daily involved with Biden.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

^^ :roll: :roll: :roll:

OP:
Ernie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:53 pm Jeb Bush to Donald Trump at the 2016 debate.
"You're not going to be able to insult your way to the presidency."
Recently, (I think it was at the debate.) someone said basically the same think about/to Vivek. Anybody know who said that?

Anyhow, I'm wondering why anybody today would still say this after the last 7 years.
In summary, Jeb was mistaken on this and many things, not ever a nominated candidate for POTUS, not anything-much to speak of, other than being born a Bush.

DJT didn’t invent or begin political insults, many have convenient memories.

While the U.S. wrestles with DJT, Canada wrestles with Jordan B. Peterson, a very different man, an academic, not a politician, further reflecting it’s about silencing independent thinking; DJT just happens to be the U.S. target du jour.

A word to the wise.

P.40 / Meanwhile, in Canada
viewtopic.php?t=91&start=390
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:30 pm ^^ :roll: :roll: :roll:

OP:
Ernie wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:53 pm Jeb Bush to Donald Trump at the 2016 debate.
"You're not going to be able to insult your way to the presidency."
Recently, (I think it was at the debate.) someone said basically the same think about/to Vivek. Anybody know who said that?

Anyhow, I'm wondering why anybody today would still say this after the last 7 years.
In summary, Jeb was mistaken on this and many things, not ever a nominated candidate for POTUS, not anything-much to speak of, other than being born a Bush.

DJT didn’t invent or begin political insults, many have convenient memories.

While the U.S. wrestles with DJT, Canada wrestles with Jordan B. Peterson, a very different man, an academic, not a politician, further reflecting it’s about silencing independent thinking; DJT just happens to be the U.S. target du jour.

A word to the wise.

P.40 / Meanwhile, in Canada
viewtopic.php?t=91&start=390
Canada's "Trump" is former drug dealer and current Ontario Premier Doug Ford. Who, along with his brother former Toronto mayor Rob Ford were the most Trump-like politicians that Canada has ever produced.

Ford, like Trump, is also famous for his insults: https://windsorstar.com/news/local-news ... -doug-ford
0 x