Russia Laundering Propoganda

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Russia Laundering Propoganda

Post by Ernie »

https://www.todaysesquire.com/russian-i ... elligence/

Might Western countries also be systematically laundering propoganda towards non democratic countries?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: Russia Laundering Propoganda

Post by ohio jones »

Probably. It's a Bold move, but they certainly would have a lot to Gain, at least until the Tide of popular opinion turns against them.
3 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Is that why the Russians are looting all the washing machines they can find in Ukraine?

1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

It wasn't really "laundering" propaganda, but I remember Voice of America broadcasts as a child in West Berlin which were being transmitted into Eastern Europe. Because I was a weird kid, I listened to Willis Conover's jazz show when I was six years old.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willis_Conover

Conover had a major influence on Soviet and Polish jazz musicians.

But certainly, digital media is a significant tool for propaganda and misinformation. This is one of the reasons why information literacy is so important.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
PetrChelcicky
Affiliation: none

Post by PetrChelcicky »

The continuous American horror to be "influenced" by foreign propaganda is completely ridiculous, because the Americans have not the least scruples to "influence" those other countries.
Some people don't understand the Golden Rule: If you don't want it done to you,don't do it to others. (Not understanding the Golden Rule is a real defect!)
1 x