Is Trump legally qualified to be a presidential candidate?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Is Trump legally qualified to be a presidential candidate?

Post by Grace »

JimFoxvog wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:29 pm
RZehr wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:20 pm Ya, in a year or so we will probably have both incorrigibility AND senility. No matter which one wins.
I think Biden's "senility" has been greatly exaggerated. Yes, Trump often seems to have lost his mental abilities.

Here's one article on Biden. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... oe-biden-/
I agree, Biden is not senile. But he does have the traits of an elderly person, slurring his speech, shuffling when he walks, forgetting names, places, having to be lead around by Jill, the Easter bunny, the secret service, etc. The worst part is that he lies so much, and then gets his lies mixed up. Outside of his lying, No one can fault the elderly for these things. However he should NOT be the leader of the free world. There are evil dictators to look at him and see a weak leader that is easy to bully.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Grace wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:47 pm
RZehr wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:20 pm Ya, in a year or so we will probably have both incorrigibility AND senility. No matter which one wins.
I think Biden's "senility" has been greatly exaggerated. Yes, Trump often seems to have lost his mental abilities.

Here's one article on Biden. https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... oe-biden-/
I agree, Biden is not senile. But he does have the traits of an elderly person, slurring his speech, shuffling when he walks, forgetting names, places, having to be lead around by Jill, the Easter bunny, the secret service, etc. The worst part is that he lies so much, and then gets his lies mixed up. Outside of his lying, No one can fault the elderly for these things. However he should NOT be the leader of the free world. There are evil dictators to look at him and see a weak leader that is easy to bully.
I'm just going to point out that Trump shares many of these same characteristics. Trump has fallen. Trump lies (A LOT). Trump confused Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

If those are your criteria, then you should be running screaming from Trump as well.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:52 pm

I'm just going to point out that Trump shares many of these same characteristics. Trump has fallen. Trump lies (A LOT). Trump confused Nikki Haley for Nancy Pelosi.
Trump is not the leader of the free world. Neither is he viewed by world leaders as weak.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:58 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:52 pm

Trump is not the leader of the free world. Neither is he viewed by world leaders as weak.
Trump is running to be the leader of the free world.

And he is, in fact, viewed by many of the leaders of the free world as both unhinged and weak. For example, the retired Prime Minister of Australia recently commented on the strange servile relationship that Trump seems to have with Putin where he acts like a servile whipped puppy any time he is near Putin. Lots of other world leaders have made the same observations about Trump's inexplicable servile relationship with Putin.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:22 pm And he is, in fact, viewed by many of the leaders of the free world as both unhinged and weak. For example, the retired Prime Minister of Australia recently commented on the strange servile relationship that Trump seems to have with Putin where he acts like a servile whipped puppy any time he is near Putin. Lots of other world leaders have made the same observations about Trump's inexplicable servile relationship with Putin.
I can say with certainty I wouldn't want Malcom Turnbull in charge of much of anything.

The idea that Trump is "servile" to Putin is another stretch, which is based on no evidence at all; when Obama was President, Putin took over Crimea. When Trump was President, Putin stopped his adventuring. When Biden is President, Putin has taken over Zaporozhye, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Kherson oblasts.

If another Democrat gets elected, there won't be much left of the Ukraine except an outpost in Lvov. When Trump was President, we didn't have endless wars we were getting tangled up in all over the globe.
0 x
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Grace wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:58 pm Trump is not the leader of the free world. Neither is he viewed by world leaders as weak.
I haven't seen stats on how world leaders view Biden's weakness Grace, especially vs Trump's - perhaps you could share them.

I did see a recent Pew Report that says that 53% of the international community have a positive view of Biden.

I wonder if "weak vs strong" is the definitive metric anyway. What about stable vs unstable? Or Wise vs Unwise? Compassionate vs uncompassionate? Cooperative vs uncooperative?

I suspect different measures and perspectives accomplish different things internationally.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:28 pmThe idea that Trump is "servile" to Putin is another stretch, which is based on no evidence at all; when Obama was President, Putin took over Crimea. When Trump was President, Putin stopped his adventuring. When Biden is President, Putin has taken over Zaporozhye, Donetsk, Luhansk, and Kherson oblasts.
It is something people have commented on frequently. Here's an example from 2018 of a Republican who quit over it: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07 ... r-betrayal
Trump’s Pathetic Performance Masks a Deeper Betrayal

Alone Republican resigned this week after Donald Trump’s servile performance in Helsinki, where Vladimir Putin smirked his way through a remarkable press conference that laid bare the American president’s obvious fealty to the Russian autocrat. Who was this brave Republican who spoke up and left his party? No, it wasn’t Dan Coats, the director of national intelligence, whose team Trump had just belittled on the international stage. No, it wasn’t Jon Huntsman, Trump’s ambassador to Russia, who once ran for president himself on the notion that he was a maverick truth-teller. And no, despite his furrowed brow, it wasn’t John Kelly, Trump’s ever-humiliated chief of staff....
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Dan Z wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:33 pm

I haven't seen stats on how world leaders view Biden's weakness Grace, especially vs Trump's - perhaps you could share them.

I did see a recent Pew Report that says that 53% of the international community have a positive view of Biden.

I wonder if "weak vs strong" is the definitive metric anyway. What about stable vs unstable? Or Wise vs Unwise? Compassionate vs uncompassionate? Cooperative vs uncooperative?

I suspect different measures and perspectives accomplish different things internationally.

No other country has open borders like the U.S. has right now. The fact that Biden is allowing the invasion at our southern border personifies weakness to the nations who have far stricter border policies.

Other nations have seen the U.S. loosing its status as a net petroleum exporter, after achieving that goal in 2019 for the first time since 1949.

It was weakness that emboldened the bully, Putin, when Biden removed sanctions on NS 2. He gave Putin the green light for a "minor incursion". (Biden’s own words). Ukrainian and Polish allies sternly warned that doing so would enable and embolden Russian aggression. They were right.

His weakness empowered Iran by lifting sanctions on their oil and Iran is now funding Hamas and their horrific killing sprees on many innocent people and their brutality of rapes, cooking babies
0 x
barnhart

Post by barnhart »

This thread might be interesting to revisit in the next four years.
0 x