Is Trump legally qualified to be a presidential candidate?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: Is Trump legally qualified to be a presidential candidate?

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:56 am
barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:27 am I have very little knowledge of legality, but I am certain taking President Trump off the ballot is a foolish thing to do. No one reacts well to the loss of their heroes or gods.
Is that why Democrats want Trump off the ballot? He is strong competition to "their heroes and gods". He is a threat to their god, which is a culture of death. He is a threat to the work of sex traffickers, human smuggling, drug smugglers at the border. He is a threat to those who believe women should have the right to have their unborn babies killed up to the time of birth. He is threat to their god of warmongering and death. Just saying.

Personally, I can hardly stand Trump, his braggadocio and arrogance. But in compassion to the sheer, satanic evil the current administration promotes, he is the lesser of the two evils.
It wasn't Democrats who sued to have Trump Removed from the ballot in Colorado. It was Republicans.

Democratic strategists are probably quite happy he is on the ballot since he is probably more beatable than a newer, younger, and less crazy candidate.
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:37 pm

It wasn't Democrats who sued to have Trump Removed from the ballot in Colorado. It was Republicans.

Democratic strategists are probably quite happy he is on the ballot since he is probably more beatable than a newer, younger, and less crazy candidate.
There are approximately 4 million registered voters in Colorado. Out of those 4 million registered voters, 6 people, some Independents and some Republicans sued Colorado’s secretary of state in a District Court, to keep Trump’s name off the primary ballot.

However the Colorado Republican Party appealed the state's Supreme Court’s decision.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/colorado-r ... allot-ban/

And it was the all-Democrat appointed Colorado Supreme Court that eventually ruled against Trump.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... n-rcna1304
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

barnhart wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:27 am I have very little knowledge of legality, but I am certain taking President Trump off the ballot is a foolish thing to do. No one reacts well to the loss of their heroes or gods.
I dislike Biden but would not want him removed because of the "insurrection" he has caused at the border.
2 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Robert wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:33 pm
I dislike Biden but would not want him removed because of the "insurrection" he has caused at the border.
If Biden engaged in an actual insurrection against the US government and tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power then I would not only want him removed from the ballot, I'd want him in prison.
3 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:07 pm
Robert wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:33 pm
If Biden engaged in an actual insurrection against the US government and tried to stop the peaceful transfer of power then I would not only want him removed from the ballot, I'd want him in prison.
He and his child should be in prison but not for that.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

I really do not appreciate that. Not fair nor true just because we thought he was doing a great job and still can. Only God can help America if we repent of our national sins but I am ever so thankful he had fulfilled campaign promises to appoint conservative judges and I personally see that as a great thing and answered prayers as he was able to appoint 3 in a short time. And for the first time a president was brave enough to walk in the pro-life march in D.C.
Yes the globalists hate him. But he is not our hero or God I too can't stand his personality but will put up with that in the hopes this runaway train wreck will at least slow down
2 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

HondurasKeiser wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:53 am It should be noted. Chaos might be a concern. But the main rationale for the ruling is not the consequences but derived powers. Federal offices are not subject to the whim of state officials. Only Congress can determine qualifications.
In some ways, the most important thing is that the supreme Court has spoken. And spoken unanimously.

We can have different feelings about that, but there needs to be a set of rules that everybody is playing by.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 am
HondurasKeiser wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:53 am It should be noted. Chaos might be a concern. But the main rationale for the ruling is not the consequences but derived powers. Federal offices are not subject to the whim of state officials. Only Congress can determine qualifications.
In some ways, the most important thing is that the supreme Court has spoken. And spoken unanimously.

We can have different feelings about that, but there needs to be a set of rules that everybody is playing by.
Agreed - it's not a perfect system, but the law, as established by American society, has made a final ruling on Trump's eligibility to be on the ballot. So now it is up to the voters to decide DJ Trump's eligibility to serve another term.

Policies aside, it seems the US is left with a choice between incorrigibility and senility.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Dan Z wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:18 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:45 am

Agreed - it's not a perfect system, but the law, as established by American society, has made a final ruling on Trump's eligibility to be on the ballot. So now it is up to the voters to decide DJ Trump's eligibility to serve another term.

Policies aside, it seems the US is left with a choice between incorrigibility and senility.
Ya, in a year or so we will probably have both incorrigibility AND senility. No matter which one wins.
3 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Some are able to remain spry and sharp to their end.
Some i’ve had the honor of knowing.

Some start losing their faculties young. i had the pain of experiencing. Science is working on it.

No quick+final answers to it, not yet. No matter how wanted.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN