Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

What is your guess as of now of what will happen in the 2024 Presidential election?

1. Biden will win another term.
23%
2. Some other Democrat will win.
3%
3. Trump will win another term.
6%
4. Some other Republican will win.
6%
5. Trump will lose, and the majority of Republicans will say the election was stolen.
16%
6. I haven't the slightest idea.
23%
7. No clue.
13%
8. Other.
10%

Total votes: 31

temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Post by temporal1 »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:48 pm
Valerie wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:27 pm He's already proved himself as a strong leader who can do it again- if God will have mercy on an undeserving nation.
I would love to see God have mercy on this undeserving nation.

If that includes the political domain, I think that means someone better than either Trump or Biden.

Regardless, I would love to join anyone in prayer that God have mercy on this undeserving nation, bring revival, and change hearts. Or that God will raise up political leaders who will be seen as just and wise and good, across party lines.
God works without limits, Trump/Biden are not too much for Him.

i’m close to your thinking here, i regularly pray for inspired leadership, not any particular person.
God has no boundaries. He uses all for His purposes, even you+me.
RZehr wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:30 pm I don’t care if either one does gets elected and is President again.
i would like to be here, i often have been in presidential elections.
i falter, ‘cause, this present administration has been rough .. i paid $5.4999 for gasoline yesterday, the future does not look bright.
Military actions and threats are numerous around the world. Worship of pride, carnality, child sacrifice, are led out of the White House. These are not fringe policies, but normalized/promoted in this admin.

i have faith God could touch biden. God willing, he could become an inspired leader. God has no limits.
Same for DJT. i see biden as most in need of divine intervention in his role as POTUS.
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:58 am i’m close to your thinking here, i regularly pray for inspired leadership, not any particular person.
To me, inspired leadership means calling people back to what it means to live together as a nation. I don't see a lot of inspired political leadership right now. I'd be happy to see that in either party.

Inspiring half of the nation to treat the other half of the nation as an enemy is not the kind of inspired leadership I am looking for. Tearing down the pillars of democracy - elections, the justice system, the rule of law, freedom to live according to your own values and religion - is not the kind of inspired leadership I am looking for.

We need to be called to remember who we are as a nation. We need inspired leaders. Neither Trump nor Biden look anything like that to me.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

inspired [in-spahyuhrd ]
See synonyms for inspired on Thesaurus.com
adjective

aroused, animated, or imbued with the spirit to do something, by or as if by supernatural or divine influence:
an inspired poet.
resulting from such inspiration:
an inspired poem;
an inspired plan.
As a Christian, when i pray for inspired leadership, i understand inspired to be wholly supernatural, above and beyond human ability or will.
“Touched by the Holy Spirit,” which transforms souls. God transformed Saul. Saul did not transform himself.

This requires the ability to submit all to God’s Will, not our own. To accept we will not understand. To even be joyous in it! Trust.

i have no problem at all believing God is using all of us, that He can change unbelievers at His will. It can be over years, or in an instant. Beyond human reasoning. Scriptures offer lots of examples.

True, definitions matter.
Many disagreements come from definitions that do not match.

There are secular uses for the word. When i pray, i pray for the supernatural power of the Holy Spirit (to inspire).
1 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:36 am
temporal1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:58 am i’m close to your thinking here, i regularly pray for inspired leadership, not any particular person.
To me, inspired leadership means calling people back to what it means to live together as a nation. I don't see a lot of inspired political leadership right now. I'd be happy to see that in either party.

Inspiring half of the nation to treat the other half of the nation as an enemy is not the kind of inspired leadership I am looking for. Tearing down the pillars of democracy - elections, the justice system, the rule of law, freedom to live according to your own values and religion - is not the kind of inspired leadership I am looking for.

We need to be called to remember who we are as a nation. We need inspired leaders. Neither Trump nor Biden look anything like that to me.
I would look past candidates (who are really figureheads) and blame party leadership, or lack thereof. The Republican Party, for example, seems to not have much substance beyond representing donors and the Chamber of Commerce, with little to offer beyond policies of tax cuts and of pointless grandstanding in the culture wars like fiddling with Disney’s tax status.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:28 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:36 am

I would look past candidates (who are really figureheads) and blame party leadership, or lack thereof. The Republican Party, for example, seems to not have much substance beyond representing donors and the Chamber of Commerce, with little to offer beyond policies of tax cuts and of pointless grandstanding in the culture wars like fiddling with Disney’s tax status.
Blame the party (i.e. the voters)

They put up with that nonsense and reward it.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

temporal1 wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:58 am i falter, ‘cause, this present administration has been rough .. i paid $5.4999 for gasoline yesterday, the future does not look bright.
I paid $3.49 for gas yesterday. I don't think a significant amount of the difference can be blamed on "this present [federal] administration".
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

$5.69 in California, which I think can be blamed on their present (and past) administrations.
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Think anyone can emerge in the Republican debate tonight? Or in other debates where Trump decides not to show? Seems like anyone who looks like a clear winner among those present will get a lot of free publicity.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Bootstrap wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:34 pm Think anyone can emerge in the Republican debate tonight? Or in other debates where Trump decides not to show? Seems like anyone who looks like a clear winner among those present will get a lot of free publicity.
I heard on the radio Tucker Carlson I terrified Trump and it will be aired shortly before debate.

We don't have cable so we may go to the Truck Stop & hang out in their lounge to watch on their big screen :lol:
0 x
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Valerie wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 6:19 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:34 pm Think anyone can emerge in the Republican debate tonight? Or in other debates where Trump decides not to show? Seems like anyone who looks like a clear winner among those present will get a lot of free publicity.
I heard on the radio Tucker Carlson I terrified Trump and it will be aired shortly before debate.

We don't have cable so we may go to the Truck Stop & hang out in their lounge to watch on their big screen :lol:
What does it mean to "I terrify" someone? :D
0 x