Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

What is your guess as of now of what will happen in the 2024 Presidential election?

1. Biden will win another term.
23%
2. Some other Democrat will win.
3%
3. Trump will win another term.
6%
4. Some other Republican will win.
6%
5. Trump will lose, and the majority of Republicans will say the election was stolen.
16%
6. I haven't the slightest idea.
23%
7. No clue.
13%
8. Other.
10%

Total votes: 31

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Re: Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Post by Ernie »

Szdfan wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:43 pmAlso, often the VP candidate ends up being an opponent that didn't win the primary, No presidential candidate wants to signal that they're really running for VP instead of President.
Really??? How often has this happened in recent years??? I'm aware of Obama/Biden.
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
GaryK
Affiliation: Unaffiliated

Post by GaryK »

Ernie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:00 pm
Szdfan wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:43 pmAlso, often the VP candidate ends up being an opponent that didn't win the primary, No presidential candidate wants to signal that they're really running for VP instead of President.
Really??? How often has this happened in recent years??? I'm aware of Obama/Biden.
Biden/Harris
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Unsuccessful Vice-President candidates such as John Edwards, Sarah Palin, Joe Lieberman, Bob Dole all ran for president later. Successful Vice President candidates Joe Biden, Al Gore, and Mike Pence ran for President after their Vice-President stints.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

GaryK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:23 pm
Biden/Harris
I was curious so I went back to 1960 and it has only happened 5 times since 1960. That is out of 16 elections and 32 possible tickets.

1960 Kennedy/Johnson
1980 Reagan/Bush
2004 Kerry/Edwards
2008 Obama/Biden (Biden dropped out early on)
2020 Biden/Harris
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Well... It is looking like Trump at 77, is performing about as well as Biden at 77. And we've seen what has happened to Biden the last four years.

https://www.the-independent.com/news/wo ... 82078.html
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ernie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:01 pm Well... It is looking like Trump at 77, is performing about as well as Biden at 77. And we've seen what has happened to Biden the last four years.

He spoke tonight about this- you should have watched his rally. You cannot judge him by these ridiculous short taken out of context clips. Until you actually listen to his 2 hour speeches, probably abstain from comparing him to Biden.
1 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Ernie wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:01 pm Well... It is looking like Trump at 77, is performing about as well as Biden at 77. And we've seen what has happened to Biden the last four years.

No, I don't think he is performing as well as Biden at 81.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:14 pm

No, I don't think he is performing as well as Biden at 81.
That's because you don't watch and listen to His speeches. Let's be real here. He is supported by people that are much sharper than any of us here and certainly could tell if he had issues. I listen to entire speeches and you can't fake this kind of cognitive ability but just to settle it, he had a cognitive test done voluntarily to those who wish to watch short clips media takes out of context & then passed judgement based on this. Plus you cannot compare Biden horror record against what Trump accomplished
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

GaryK wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:23 pm
Biden/Harris
Harris stood out, she won nothing, was wildly unpopular, she+biden were at odds in the Primary. Yet, “chosen.” :shock:
If she had done better in any way as VP, she would be the standout now. Didn’t happen.

Of course, NO ONE anticipated biden would be in his 3rd term in the White House.
The DNC has its own “methods.” Either party, none of these are saints. The DNC is uniquely “organized.” (not in a good way.)
Chicago machine-heavy.
Last edited by temporal1 on Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN