Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

What is your guess as of now of what will happen in the 2024 Presidential election?

1. Biden will win another term.
23%
2. Some other Democrat will win.
3%
3. Trump will win another term.
6%
4. Some other Republican will win.
6%
5. Trump will lose, and the majority of Republicans will say the election was stolen.
16%
6. I haven't the slightest idea.
23%
7. No clue.
13%
8. Other.
10%

Total votes: 31

Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Post by Ernie »

What is your guess about the 2024 US Presidential Election?
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Re: Poll: 2024 Presidential Election

Post by RZehr »

I can’t decide between 6 & 7. I haven’t the slightest clue. No idea.
1 x
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Post by QuietlyListening »

I haven't a clue except it will be a big mess.
1 x
barnhart
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by barnhart »

I have been thinking 60/40 Biden but in the last year I am closer to 50/50. If the economy is strong through the election, Biden, if not, Trump.

If Biden wins, a large wing of the Republican party, possibly the majority, will consider the election stolen because it's a worldview and doesn't hinge on actual evidence.

If Trump wins, the Democrats will declare his cabinet picks ineligible or unqualified.

But my predictions have been terrible in the past, I didn't think Trump would make it through the primaries in 2016, much less win the election.
1 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

8. Other: (5b.)
barnhart wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:19 am But my predictions have been terrible in the past, I didn't think Trump would make it through the primaries in 2016, much less win the election.
i didn’t make predictions, but ignored DJT as a serious candidate in the 2016 Primary and election. i didn’t think he, personally, had any serious interest in being POTUS.

He surprised me in good ways over+over.

The response of the losing cabal for 4 years, continuing today, sickens me. Evidently, they like their tactics.
At massive taxpayer expense. [“Nice work, if you can get it.”]

Anyone who believes “this” is special response to DJT alone, isn’t paying attention.
No one, but no one, will interfere with their reign. Mow.them.down. Primitive mankind.

Christians know: God is greater. Do not know how+when He will act. Faith can be a challenge.
Poll:
5. Trump will lose, and the majority of Republicans will say the election was stolen.
:arrow: 5b. Biden will lose, and the DNC+msm career politician cabal will again say the election was stolen, then proceed to further pridefully destroy the constitutional republic system via legal stealth. They are armed with law degrees, smart, resolute, not wise.

i do not believe any political party is INHERENTLY better than another.
i have never belonged to a political party, i’ve rarely voted, including before i learned of it as a faith belief choice.
i’ve never lobbied, i haven’t joined any political bloc.

i’m not convinced women should have the right to vote. It’s debatable.

Presently, career politicians, operating (rather dishonestly) under the DNC label, are the world’s nemesis. [Not just the U.S.]
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:45 am I can’t decide between 6 & 7. I haven’t the slightest clue. No idea.
I agree. I think I would also add "Other".
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

9. It will be Biden v. Trump again. But I have no idea who will win.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Ken wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:21 pm 9. It will be Biden v. Trump again. But I have no idea who will win.
I can easily imagine a surprise on one side or the other. Or even both. I agree this is the most likely outcome, but if someone really compelling rises up in either party, I think they could get a lot of support very quickly.

I think most Americans would like better options. In any election in my lifetime, at this time in the election cycle, any guess I would have made about who the candidates will be or who will win would have been wrong.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

If Trump is proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt of felonies, I still believe that most Republicans are not so biased or blinded as to still vote for him as their candidate. Another Republican has a fair chance of winning. I'd say it will be a toss-up. Biden has accomplished much but does not do the PR well and his approval rating is unjustifiably low.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

JimFoxvog wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:54 pm If Trump is proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt of felonies, I still believe that most Republicans are not so biased or blinded as to still vote for him as their candidate. Another Republican has a fair chance of winning. I'd say it will be a toss-up. Biden has accomplished much but does not do the PR well and his approval rating is unjustifiably low.
Most Republicans and even some Democrats I've seen interviewed do not agree with this recent indictment. I appreciate that they can call what's happening g as it is, even being Democrat.

I'm not surprised at Bidens liw approval ratings, I'm glad some people in his party have their eyes open.

I think Trump did a great job. My 86 year old mother kept saying he was the best president in her lifetime. She read 3 or 4 books about him, written by others, before he won in 2016. She was so impressed with what so many in all these books said about him and good he had done for so many. Testimonies. I saw playbacks of a show where he was a guest long before he ran where so many in the audience favored him & encouraged him to run for president.

There are a couple of Repubican candidates that I do really like but Trump is SO far ahead of them in the polls he'd have to be out of the running to not win-

Actually, that's kind of what happened in 2016, it got to the point it seemed Trump was the only one who could beat Hillary, BUT as video playback revealed, all the Democrats thought it impossible he could win so they didn't need to try to take him down like they've been relentless to do since he won.

So we pray.
0 x