Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Post by Grace »

The heartbreaking testimony of the loved ones who lost their children in the Afghanistan withdrawal.

We need to remember that the spokesman for the Biden administration, John Kirby, said he and the administration were proud of this withdrawal.

This is live now, but probably will stay up after it is done.

1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Post by Josh »

Grace wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:41 pm The heartbreaking testimony of the loved ones who lost their children in the Afghanistan withdrawal.

We need to remember that the spokesman for the Biden administration, John Kirby, said he and the administration were proud of this withdrawal.

Trump tried to orchestrate an orderly withdrawal and the military refused to follow orders for 4 years. Under Biden they finally had no choice but to do it but by then it was done hastily and in a disorderly fashion.

The good news is, the new Afghanistan government seems to be doing a very good job.
0 x
Marylander
Affiliation: Alien

Re: Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Post by Marylander »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:50 pm
Grace wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:41 pm The heartbreaking testimony of the loved ones who lost their children in the Afghanistan withdrawal.

Trump tried to orchestrate an orderly withdrawal and the military refused to follow orders for 4 years. Under Biden they finally had no choice but to do it but by then it was done hastily and in a disorderly fashion.

The good news is, the new Afghanistan government seems to be doing a very good job.
Last sentence...have you hit your head?
1 x
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:50 pmThe good news is, the new Afghanistan government seems to be doing a very good job.
I have friends with loved ones in Afghanistan, and this statement couldn't be further from the truth.
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Josh

Post by Josh »

Marylander wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:04 pm Last sentence...have you hit your head?
Was the American puppet government somehow better?
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

“When Joe Biden, our elected president, entered the room, when he approached me, his words to me were, ‘My wife Jill and I know how you feel. We lost our son as well and brought him home in a flag-draped coffin,'”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/gold-star ... ed-coffin/
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... iden-lied/

Lying to heartbroken and grieving parents...there are no words.
0 x
Marylander

Post by Marylander »

Josh wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:04 pm
Marylander wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:04 pm Last sentence...have you hit your head?
I am not talking about the "American puppet government". I am asking if you hit your head after I read your post, "The good news is that the Afghan government is doing a very good job". That had me rolling my eyes...too bad you didn't marry Grace who makes equally crazy statements.
0 x
Josh

Post by Josh »

Marylander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:15 am
I am not talking about the "American puppet government". I am asking if you hit your head after I read your post, "The good news is that the Afghan government is doing a very good job". That had me rolling my eyes...too bad you didn't marry Grace who makes equally crazy statements.
I did not hit my head.

After hearing since 2001 that the resident Afghan government at the time was our enemy and that we should invade, what actually happened is the local people didn’t like the invasion at all and many people lost their lives.

When America finally pulled out, peace returned to the region and the rather ridiculous levels of government corruption went away. More importantly, virtually no Afghanis felt like supporting the American-installed government. I believe in the right of people to choose their own government.

I’m pretty sure both Grace and I are happily married.
0 x
Marylander

Post by Marylander »

Josh wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:28 am
Marylander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:15 am

I did not hit my head.

After hearing since 2001 that the resident Afghan government at the time was our enemy and that we should invade, what actually happened is the local people didn’t like the invasion at all and many people lost their lives.

When America finally pulled out, peace returned to the region and the rather ridiculous levels of government corruption went away. More importantly, virtually no Afghanis felt like supporting the American-installed government. I believe in the right of people to choose their own government.

I’m pretty sure both Grace and I are happily married.
Sheesh, let me try this. I am so happy the Haitian government is doing a good job.

So I have a lot of respect for the Holdeman "mission programs". Give Afghanistan a shot...I'm sure there are "lost souls" waiting for the light to break in. Come home and we'll talk...and in the meantime I will pray that your wife comes home w her nose intact and I will check that you still have your digits/ hands.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:38 am “When Joe Biden, our elected president, entered the room, when he approached me, his words to me were, ‘My wife Jill and I know how you feel. We lost our son as well and brought him home in a flag-draped coffin,'”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/gold-star ... ed-coffin/
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... iden-lied/

Lying to heartbroken and grieving parents...there are no words.
You know Grace, sometimes it is better to look things up yourself rather than simply rely on the lies of sketchy scandalmongering right wing web sites.

Here is Beau Biden being brought home to rest in Wilmington DE in 2015 with full military honors

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr