Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Post by Josh »

Marylander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:17 am Sheesh, let me try this. I am so happy the Haitian government is doing a good job.
Haiti is in poor shape after being operated as an American puppet state for decades and playground for NGOs. Eventually, the corruption is so bad that they can’t maintain basic law and order (much as is happening to many of America’s cities).
Give Afghanistan a shot...I'm sure there are "lost souls" waiting for the light to break in. Come home and we'll talk...and in the meantime I will pray that your wife comes home w her nose intact and I will check that you still have your digits/ hands.
After listening for decades to propaganda trying to convince me that Muslims are our mortal enemies, I decided to instead listen to Muslims themselves who don’t feel much animus towards Christians at all. Although I’m not sure an American or Australian’s witness is the best right now after spending 20 years conducting cruise missile strikes on wedding parties.
0 x
Marylander
Affiliation: Alien

Re: Gold Star Families Testimony about the loss of their Loved Ones in Afghanistan Withdrawal Debacle

Post by Marylander »

Josh wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:44 am
Marylander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:17 am Sheesh, let me try this. I am so happy the Haitian government is doing a good job.
Haiti is in poor shape after being operated as an American puppet state for decades and playground for NGOs. Eventually, the corruption is so bad that they can’t maintain basic law and order (much as is happening to many of America’s cities).
Give Afghanistan a shot...I'm sure there are "lost souls" waiting for the light to break in. Come home and we'll talk...and in the meantime I will pray that your wife comes home w her nose intact and I will check that you still have your digits/ hands.
After listening for decades to propaganda trying to convince me that Muslims are our mortal enemies, I decided to instead listen to Muslims themselves who don’t feel much animus towards Christians at all. Although I’m not sure an American or Australian’s witness is the best right now after spending 20 years conducting cruise missile strikes on wedding parties.
Haiti has only had two presidents who were not overthrown in a coup and has endured a dysfunctional government long before Clinton intervened.

Curious what your thoughts were right after 9/11 when the US went into Afghanistan? Were you opposed to the invasion
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:33 am
Grace wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:38 am “When Joe Biden, our elected president, entered the room, when he approached me, his words to me were, ‘My wife Jill and I know how you feel. We lost our son as well and brought him home in a flag-draped coffin,'”

https://www.mediaite.com/news/gold-star ... ed-coffin/
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... iden-lied/

Lying to heartbroken and grieving parents...there are no words.
You know Grace, sometimes it is better to look things up yourself rather than simply rely on the lies of sketchy scandalmongering right wing web sites.

Here is Beau Biden being brought home to rest in Wilmington DE in 2015 with full military honors

First of all, Mediaite is NOT a right wing website, but pretty much leans to the left.

The flag draped coffin had nothing to do with Joe Biden's lies. It is true the death of one's child is very sad and garners an overwhelming amount of grief. However there is a big difference between being able to be by the bed of your child in their last days or that child being blown up because of the poor judgement and actions of leaders. Secondly he has repeatedly lied about his son dying in Iraq. Beau didn't die in Iraq.

In October 2022, he said, "I say this as a father of a man who won the Bronze Star, the Conspicuous Service Medal, and lost his life in Iraq." In a November 2022 speech, Biden said, "I'm thinking of Iraq because that's where my son died."

Beau didn't die in Iraq.
Last edited by Grace on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:53 pm, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Marylander wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:03 pm Curious what your thoughts were right after 9/11 when the US went into Afghanistan? Were you opposed to the invasion
I was, albeit due to being a Noam Chomsky-reading leftist.
0 x