Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by Bootstrap »

Valerie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:55 pm Trump's popularity is for what he does, not for fabricating & plotting in this way- those tactics were done to him not by him.
I disagree.

Trump came to political power by promoting blatant lies about Obama's birth certificate. He doesn't talk a whole lot about policy, he talks about how he is "your retribution" these days. And a lot of "news sources" promise you that they will "expose" the "enemy". There's enough blatant lying that it's important to check facts carefully.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by temporal1 »

Grace:
Why is Hunter living in the White house?
Is he grifting off the taxpayers? After all the "pay to Play" money he and his Dad acquired from China, Ukraine and Romania, you would think he has enough money to get his own place.
Hunter is the ultimate “guy living in his parents’ basement:”
It may be more than that. It may be a form of family house-arrest to try to keep hunter (from being hunter).

i empathize with an old man not knowing what to do with his wayward son. However, JB should spare the country his family drama, esp hunter-worship, and step away.
Last edited by temporal1 on Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Bootstrap wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:25 pm
Valerie wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:55 pm Trump's popularity is for what he does, not for fabricating & plotting in this way- those tactics were done to him not by him.
I disagree.

Trump came to political power by promoting blatant lies about Obama's birth certificate. He doesn't talk a whole lot about policy, he talks about how he is "your retribution" these days. And a lot of "news sources" promise you that they will "expose" the "enemy". There's enough blatant lying that it's important to check facts carefully.
It’s crazy that DJT pales in comparison to the bidens. Truth is stranger than fiction.
3 x

UNKNOWN
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:55 am
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:37 amThe original article was a little misleading, I think. Here are some reasons that this wasn't a top-tier news article:

1. The cocaine was found in an area where visitors leave things like cell phones before entering the West Wing. The subtitle of the article was "What kind of people is Joe Biden bringing into the White House?", but Biden probably isn't bringing most of these people into the White House.
2. Over 500 people were there during this time period.
3. The Bidens were not in that area during the required time period, so they didn't leave it there. No connection to the Bidens was ever established.
4. The amount of cocaine was very small, less than a gram.

Now suppose a clear connection was made to link Joe Biden to cocaine, or to show that Hunter Biden was bringing cocaine into the White House. That would be a much more interesting story. But there's no evidence that anything like that happened.
I don 't believe anything that comes out of this administration as they constantly lie. The press secretary KJP made the claim at one of the White House press briefings, that the Biden family was not at the White House on the Friday before the cocaine was found.
I don't quote press secretaries when I want to prove something - not for Trump, not for Biden. But I do quote the Secret Service when they do an investigation.

And look, both Biden's loudest political enemies and Trump's loudest political enemies have plenty of motivation to lie. That's why it's important to wait for real proof before confidently proclaiming that someone is guilty. And really, that's even basic human decency.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
ragpicker
Affiliation: Mennobapticostal

Post by ragpicker »

Josh wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:55 pm Ken,

Did you miss the part about how the cocaine was found in an area not accessible to the public?
Why are you ruining Ken’s conspiracy theories?
2 x
Embrace the lonely road.
Grace

Post by Grace »

Bootstrap wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:55 pm That's why it's important to wait for real proof before confidently proclaiming that someone is guilty. And really, that's even basic human decency.

No one here has confidently proclaimed someone in particular, as guilty.

However we can be sure that, in the most secure place in this country the secret service DOES KNOW who the cocaine belonged to. If they don't know that at this point, they are incompetent. And we can be sure it wasn't some low level White House staff person, because if it was, the Secret Service would have revealed that and the person fired.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

ragpicker wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:04 pm

Did you miss the part about how the cocaine was found in an area not accessible to the public?
*I'm* not the one here with the conspiracy theories. Whether it is COVID origins, COVID masking, COVID vaccines, Ivermectin, hydroxychloroquine, Ukraine, Mueller, the 2020 election, global warming, Q-Anon, the "Russia Hoax", CRT, DEI, the "transgender mafia" Hunter Biden's laptop, the FBI Deep State, the "Twitter files, and yes, cocaine in the White House.

There are plenty of others here who have that ground well covered. :lol:
Last edited by Ken on Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ragpicker wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 3:04 pm
5 mo is a long time to wait for a breath of fresh air.
1 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

boot:
boot:
1. The cocaine was found in an area where visitors leave things like cell phones before entering the West Wing. ..
boot, moments later:
Bootstrap wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:55 pm
That's why it's important to wait for real proof before confidently proclaiming .. ..
^^hmm. waiting?? for thee, not for me?

boot, adds for good measure:
boot:
But I do quote the Secret Service when they do an investigation. :shock:
Incompetence married to corruption.

Grace,
It’s not incompetence OR corruption in high government, it’s both, proven more+more on a daily basis.
It’s hard to understand denial.

- - - - - - -

boot,
to be fair, your respect of high gov offices is something akin to my general perception of U.S. government, decades ago, i was young+naive, i wasn’t alone. most were pretty satisfied with our system. however, in time since, so much incompetence+corruption has been made public, i can no longer allow them blank checks to do as they will.

there’s nothing really wrong with that.
the founders literally warned about the importance of vigilance in gov leadership - they knew the human condition so well!!
no rose-colored glasses for them!

Today’s blank checks are in multiple trillions! That’s not gonna end well. i’m pretty sure we can count on that.

Frankly, scriptures give abundant warning about vigilance. It’s really important.
The human condition is about laziness. Scriptures warn, not on earth.
0 x

UNKNOWN
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 6:40 am
NedFlanders wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:36 pm

Might be valuable for those do to then stop identifying as an Anabaptist- as they wouldn’t do such
I'm actually a registered voter. Bet that'll blow your mind :o
It’s not to late to be translated into the kingdom of light rather than participating with the kingdom of darkness!
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.