Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by mike »

Fox News wrote:The Secret Service found marijuana twice in the White House in 2022, long before cocaine was located in the West Wing.

The Secret Service revealed the information to members of Congress during a classified briefing on the investigation into cocaine found in the West Wing over the Fourth of July weekend, and confirmed the pot discoveries to Fox News Digital.
I can only imagine the furor from the public and the media if this were a Republican administration.
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Re: Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by NedFlanders »

Are you a Christian?

Why the vain imagination about any label of government?

You have a wife and what - around 12 children. Prison newsletter ministry and this is what you find value in worth posting about?
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by Valerie »

NedFlanders wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:23 pm Are you a Christian?

You have a wife and what - around 12 children. Prison newsletter ministry and this is what you find value in worth posting about?
It is under the "Politics" forum category many Christians on this forum contribute a great deal of time to and try not to lash out at someone for doing so or call their Christianity into question because they post a piece of national news- if one is not interested in a topic they generally avoid it but politics is discussed a great deal on this forum as much as other topics.-

It really is not a "vain imagination" as much as an observation as how the double standard has been applied.
Last edited by Valerie on Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
NedFlanders
Affiliation: CA

Post by NedFlanders »

Valerie wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:33 pm

It is under the "Politics" forum category many Christians on this forum contribute a great deal of time to and try not to lash out at someone for doing so or call their Christianity into question because they post a piece of national news- if one is not interested in a topic they generally avoid it but politics is discussed a great deal on this forum as much as other topics.-
Might be valuable for those do to then stop identifying as an Anabaptist- as they wouldn’t do such
0 x
Psalms 119:2 Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

NedFlanders wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:36 pm

Might be valuable for those do to then stop identifying as an Anabaptist- as they wouldn’t do such
That would eliminate most of the posters here that do identify as such- they may see it differently as it is a discussion forum. When we are around Amish, which consider themselves Anabaptist, at times they stay more on top of current events politically then I do!
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

NedFlanders wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:36 pm
Valerie wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:33 pmIt is under the "Politics" forum category many Christians on this forum contribute a great deal of time to and try not to lash out at someone for doing so or call their Christianity into question because they post a piece of national news- if one is not interested in a topic they generally avoid it but politics is discussed a great deal on this forum as much as other topics.-
I don't think there is a general expectation or principle in Anabaptism that one should remain ignorant of and never talk about various political happenings, although a specific congregation or fellowship might teach against specific things (for example, my church is pretty opposed to watching TV news or even watching news clips on your phone).

However, I don't think the New Testament teaches that we must keep ourselves in a shroud of ignorance about everything that is going on, and I think voices from a variety of viewpoints within conservative Anabaptism is valuable.

Some people here on MennoNet don't care for political discussion - so they block the "Politics" subforum. I appreciate the effort other posters have taken to make sure political discussion gets confined to Politics. Likewise, news in general goes under "Current Events", so someone who prefers to remain aloof about current happenings can avoid that subforum as well.
1 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Thanks for your concern. As I Christian who lives in the United States, I can not help but make certain observations about the society we live in. I don't generally post about my family and my work on this public forum. And I can assure you that politics consumes a very small minority of my time and attention. I've quit listening to the radio and almost all political podcasts. However I still read online news and sometimes comment on the news here. If you find this to be contrary to a Christian identity, I'm sorry. I would enjoy meeting you in real life to discuss the things that really matter to me.
3 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

It really is not a "vain imagination" as much as an observation as how the double standard has been applied.
What double standard is that?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:06 pm

What double standard is that?
The one pointed out in the OP.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

mike wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:31 pm
Fox News wrote:The Secret Service found marijuana twice in the White House in 2022, long before cocaine was located in the West Wing.

The Secret Service revealed the information to members of Congress during a classified briefing on the investigation into cocaine found in the West Wing over the Fourth of July weekend, and confirmed the pot discoveries to Fox News Digital.
I can only imagine the furor from the public and the media if this were a Republican administration.
But did they inhale?
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford