Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by Josh »

Interesting how this thread has turned into “Those evil right wingers planted drugs to try to frame Hunter Biden!”, as if we didn’t already have photographic evidence of him literally smoking crack.
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Not just cocaine: Secret Service reveals another banned substance was found in Biden's White House

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:34 pm Interesting how this thread has turned into “Those evil right wingers planted drugs to try to frame Hunter Biden!”, as if we didn’t already have photographic evidence of him literally smoking crack.
I have no evidence that is what happened, and am not making that claim. Just as you have no evidence that this cocaine came from Hunter Biden, and should not make that claim either.

But if we're going to speculate, let's be good detectives, put all of the reasonable theories, and see if there is evidence for any of them. I mean, seriously, you do not believe political operatives have made up stories about people in order to play character assassination for political purposes? I hope you are not that naive.

Unfortunately, none of us is in any position to gather the evidence. The Secret Service is in a much better position than any of us. So why pretend we know better than they do?
1 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:34 pm Interesting how this thread has turned into “Those evil right wingers planted drugs to try to frame Hunter Biden!”, as if we didn’t already have photographic evidence of him literally smoking crack.
No one is saying that. It is exceedingly unlikely that this had anything at all to do with Hunter Biden one way or the other.

Cocaine is not an uncommon drug among 20-something types and a LOT of them pass through the White House in the form of aides, service staff, delivery people, and so forth. The most likely explanation is that one of them just had a baggie of their cocaine fall out of their purse or backpack when they stuck it in the cubby lockers at the public entrance to the West Wing.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:27 pm
No one is saying that. It is exceedingly unlikely that this had anything at all to do with Hunter Biden one way or the other.

Cocaine is not an uncommon drug among 20-something types and a LOT of them pass through the White House in the form of aides, service staff, delivery people, and so forth. The most likely explanation is that one of them just had a baggie of their cocaine fall out of their purse or backpack when they stuck it in the cubby lockers at the public entrance to the West Wing.
As I said in a prior post. If the cocaine was left by some low level staff, delivery person, aide, etc. the person would be identified and fired. The secret service might not have given names, but mentioned it was a low level employee, and that the employee was dealt with. The fact, no such thing occurred, we can be almost sure the cocaine was left there by someone, who they are protecting.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:23 pm

As I said in a prior post. If the cocaine was left by some low level staff, delivery person, aide, etc. the person would be identified and fired. The secret service might not have given names, but mentioned it was a low level employee, and that the employee was dealt with. The fact, no such thing occurred, we can be almost sure the cocaine was left there by someone, who they are protecting.
I think you greatly overestimate what kind of security they have. I've been there. They are very meticulous about searching for weapons via x-rays and magnetometers. And you normally have to leave your bags behind (hence the cubbies and lockers) But they do not strip search you or use drug dogs and the like. The Secret Service is designed to screen for assassins and terrorists, not tiny quantities of drugs.

A small amount of cocaine is a misdemeanor in Washington DC. Maximum $2500 fine. Probably not worth wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars and endless staff time trying to fruitlessly discover the culprit when they have more important things to do.

And I very much doubt this is the first drugs they have found. The place gets over 4,000 visitors on the average day. I expect they have found all manner of contraband items over the years from all sorts of drugs to all sorts of weapons. They just wouldn't normally publicize it.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Ken wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:13 pm
Grace wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:23 pm

I think you greatly overestimate what kind of security they have. I've been there. They are very meticulous about searching for weapons via x-rays and magnetometers. And you normally have to leave your bags behind (hence the cubbies and lockers) But they do not strip search you or use drug dogs and the like. The Secret Service is designed to screen for assassins and terrorists, not tiny quantities of drugs.

A small amount of cocaine is a misdemeanor in Washington DC. Maximum $2500 fine. Probably not worth wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars and endless staff time trying to fruitlessly discover the culprit when they have more important things to do.

And I very much doubt this is the first drugs they have found. The place gets over 4,000 visitors on the average day. I expect they have found all manner of contraband items over the years from all sorts of drugs to all sorts of weapons. They just wouldn't normally publicize it.
If it's that easy, you think it would be a common occurrence to find cocaine and other drugs at the White House. You think it would have been reported during the Trump administration if it was that easy to leave drugs around in the White House, or during the Obama administration or the Bush administration. It just happens to be while Hunter Biden is there. We will probably never know, after all, it didn't happen when Trump was President in which case they would be relentless in pursuing and uncovering the truth.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

To my knowledge, I have yet to have any cocaine show up under rugs, carpets, doormats, etc. at my house.
1 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

I read the first page of this thread. And the last page. And I've had enough internets for the day and its barely past 5am 8-)
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:12 am I read the first page of this thread. And the last page. And I've had enough internets for the day and its barely past 5am 8-)
You may want to avoid reading any news stories about what happened Wednesday at the House hearing on the Biden plea deal. :shock:
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Grace

Post by Grace »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:20 pm
steve-in-kville wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 5:12 am I read the first page of this thread. And the last page. And I've had enough internets for the day and its barely past 5am 8-)
You may want to avoid reading any news stories about what happened Wednesday at the House hearing on the Biden plea deal. :shock:
Sticking your head in the sand isn't going to make what was revealed at those hearings Wednesday, go away.
0 x