Canada's 2016 Immigration Surge

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Canada's 2016 Immigration Surge

Post by temporal1 »

ken_sylvania wrote:
temporal1 wrote:ken, respectfully, i'm not up to it. :)
No worries. Please for give me, I'm afraid my tone was a bit sharper than it should have been.
i'm interested, and have thoughts, lack the stamina. :)
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote:
No worries. Please for give me, I'm afraid my tone was a bit sharper than it should have been.
This conversation could easily devolve into the Merry-go-round of:
He said ...
Well, he said ...

I think it's important that those whose candidate lost and those whose candidate won remember that all of the candidates/politicians have foot-in-mouth disease and equally share the responsibility of unfortunate and unpresidential commentaries. These comments have been rehashed ad nauseam by the media. Now we hear of those who threatened to emigrate have suddenly changed their mind.

My wife likes to say, "Breathe in; breathe out; and pray."

I'm with her. :D
0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
MaxPC
Affiliation: PlainRomanCatholic

Post by MaxPC »

temporal1 wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote:
He said ...
Well, he said ...

I think it's important that those whose candidate lost and those whose candidate won remember that all of the candidates/politicians have foot-in-mouth disease and equally share the responsibility of unfortunate and unpresidential commentaries. These comments have been rehashed ad nauseam by the media. Now we hear of those who threatened to emigrate have suddenly changed their mind.

0 x
Max (Plain Catholic)
Mt 24:35
Proverbs 18:2 A fool does not delight in understanding but only in revealing his own mind.
1 Corinthians 3:19 For the wisdom of this world is folly with God
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

MaxPC wrote:
temporal1 wrote:
ken_sylvania wrote:No worries. Please for give me, I'm afraid my tone was a bit sharper than it should have been.
He said ...
Well, he said ...

you can say that again. :lol:

boot, i forgive you for bringing up accusations of slander in this thread.
there are no grounds for such language.

i referred to a public statement made by a public figure. end of story. that does not begin to approach slander. however, unwarranted accusations of slander, might be slanderous.
please: cease and desist.

i apologize for the delayed response.
i was getting groceries when the word popped into my head: slander?! what? no.

i repeat, i am sorry for your loss.
you revealed your deep emotion against Trump on MD.
no one can take a blow like that without an adjustment period.
i'm sorry.

Trump as POTUS is easier for me.
Trump has never frightened me. i was not invested in his demise, "or else," as many others were.
0 x

UNKNOWN
ken_sylvania
Affiliation: CM

Post by ken_sylvania »

temporal1 wrote: boot, i forgive you for bringing up accusations of slander in this thread.
there are no grounds for such language.
Bootstrap did not accuse you of slander. He said
bootstrap wrote:So what happens is people start believing in whatever "feels" like it might be true about people based on how they feel about the people they are talking about. That's one of the big thing that fuels the culture wars. The Bible calls it slander. There's plenty of slander in all directions, of course, with lies about any public figure.
I happen to agree very strongly that the culture wars we see in the United States today have been fueled by slander on both sides. There is waaaay too much negative speech going on without a corresponding interest in knowing the actual facts.
temporal1 wrote:i referred to a public statement made by a public figure. end of story. that does not begin to approach slander. however, unwarranted accusations of slander, might be slanderous.
temporal1 wrote: i repeat, i am sorry for your loss.
you revealed your deep emotion against Trump on MD.
no one can take a blow like that without an adjustment period.
i'm sorry.
Temp, I hope you don't intend for that to be passive-aggressive like it sounds, but what it sounds like to me, especially when you double down on it like you have, is that you would like us to ignore the truth of what bootstrap is saying because "it's the disappointed raving of a man who had a tremendous dislike for Trump and is struggling to accept the election results."
Bootstrap's comments regarding Trump on MD as I recall them were well reasoned and valid. I'm also inclined to take him at his word and believe that he is not overly disappointed by the results of the election.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

ken, i appreciate your thoughts, but, i'm really just attempting to respond to boot on this.
i don't want it to grow/bunny trail off any further than necessary.

i try to be honest and direct.
if that's somehow translated into passive-aggressive, not my intent. just the opposite.

i'm trying to communicate to a grown man in an adult, frank way.
that does not mean i will succeed. from what you're saying, i have failed.
not the first time! all i can do is make the effort. or not. (granted, "or not" is often the better path.)
0 x

UNKNOWN
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Not much point in continuing here, but I suspect it might be useful to explore what the Bible says about slander together. Anyone who wants can participate in that thread and we can discuss how to apply it to our lives: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69

I'll continue to take a wait-and-see approach to Trump and to pray for him and for this country. I'll continue to treat it as That Other Kingdom, and focus more on how we live in our Kingdom.

Temp, I'm sorry if my words offended you. I'd be very interested in hearing more about what you think and feel - not so much what you think other people think and feel. How do you feel about the election results? Do you have particular hopes or concerns? Are there things you feel the need to pray for?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Bootstrap wrote:Not much point in continuing here, but I suspect it might be useful to explore what the Bible says about slander together. Anyone who wants can participate in that thread and we can discuss how to apply it to our lives: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=69

I'll continue to take a wait-and-see approach to Trump and to pray for him and for this country. I'll continue to treat it as That Other Kingdom, and focus more on how we live in our Kingdom.

Temp, I'm sorry if my words offended you.
I'd be very interested in hearing more about what you think and feel - not so much what you think other people think and feel. How do you feel about the election results? Do you have particular hopes or concerns? Are there things you feel the need to pray for?
thank you for the new thread.
thank you for apologizing. i did take your words personally, and i was offended.
0 x

UNKNOWN