And the Biden Family Saga Continues

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Re: And the Biden Family Saga Continues

Post by Ken »

Robert wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:15 pm It could be illegal if it carries with it a promise to help them once he was back in office, which he planned to do at that time.

One can not accept money from foreign sources without registering as a foreign agent. If the money does go partially to President Biden, this would be illegal. It is illegal for it to go to Hunter Biden without registering as a foreign agent.
I don't think that is true. Millions of Americans do deals with foreign companies all the time without registering as foreign agents. Literally all the time. For example, there are probably tens of thousands of Americans at this very moment running businesses in Mexico. Go to literally any beach town in Mexico and you will see hundreds of Americans running businesses large and small and doing business with Mexicans. Everything from hotels and AirB&Bs to real estate agencies, retail shops, factories, etc.

What you can't do is lobby the US government on behalf of a foreign entity without registering as a foreign agent.

In 2017 both Hunter Biden and Joe Biden were private citizens and not part of the US government. Trump was president.

In any event, this is just sheer speculation without evidence. Like me speculating that Jared Kushner promised to help the Saudis when he took $2 BILLION from them. Or that it was repayment for services that he already provided to them. Or speculation that Trump is promising favors to Oman in exchange for the tens of millions that they are investing in his current joint business venture in Oman that was reported on 2 days ago.
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

One thing we do know, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree. We Have Joe Biden on record via a recording bragging about shaking down Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko in March 2016 that the Obama administration would pull $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantee, if it didn’t immediately fire Prosecutor General Viktor Shokin, who was investigating the company Hunter was a part of.

Now we find out Hunter used his father's political power to threaten and shake down a Chinese official if the official didn’t come up with alleged bribery money.
0 x
Sliceitup
Affiliation: Keystone, for now

Post by Sliceitup »

Robert wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:15 pm It could be illegal if it carries with it a promise to help them once he was back in office, which he planned to do at that time.

One can not accept money from foreign sources without registering as a foreign agent. If the money does go partially to President Biden, this would be illegal. It is illegal for it to go to Hunter Biden without registering as a foreign agent.
All you say is true, but I don’t think anyone had any expectation in 2017 that Joe would be running for office again. It’s been a few years, but that was surely my impression at the time. I always felt like he waited until it seemed like no one else had a clear shot at the nomination and that’s when he decided to enter.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

And now we have this, Joe Biden using a secret global cell phone while he was Vice President, paid by Hunter’s firm.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/0 ... one-while/
0 x