Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Szdfan »

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/us/p ... =url-share
The special counsel investigating Hunter Biden has charged a former F.B.I. informant with fabricating claims that President Biden and his son each sought $5 million bribes from a Ukrainian company — a stinging setback for Republicans who cited the allegations in their push to impeach the president.

The longtime informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, is accused of falsely telling the F.B.I. that Hunter Biden, then a paid board member of the energy giant Burisma, demanded the money to protect the company from an investigation by the country’s prosecutor general at the time.

The explosive story, which seemed to back up unsubstantiated Republican claims of a “Biden crime family,” turned out to be a brazen lie, according to a 37-page indictment unsealed late Thursday in a California federal court, brought by the special counsel, David C. Weiss.
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:09 am https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/us/p ... =url-share
The special counsel investigating Hunter Biden has charged a former F.B.I. informant with fabricating claims that President Biden and his son each sought $5 million bribes from a Ukrainian company — a stinging setback for Republicans who cited the allegations in their push to impeach the president.

The longtime informant, Alexander Smirnov, 43, is accused of falsely telling the F.B.I. that Hunter Biden, then a paid board member of the energy giant Burisma, demanded the money to protect the company from an investigation by the country’s prosecutor general at the time.

The explosive story, which seemed to back up unsubstantiated Republican claims of a “Biden crime family,” turned out to be a brazen lie, according to a 37-page indictment unsealed late Thursday in a California federal court, brought by the special counsel, David C. Weiss.
Two tiered Justice system again. A few years ago Adam Schiff lied to the House Intelligence Committee hearing while under oath about Russian/Trump collusion.

The House Oversight Committee, says the doesn't change anything as they have plenty of other proof of the Biden Brand corruption.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:04 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:09 am https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/15/us/p ... =url-share

Two tiered Justice system again. A few years ago Adam Schiff lied to the House Intelligence Committee hearing while under oath about Russian/Trump collusion.

The House Oversight Committee, says the doesn't change anything as they have plenty of other proof of the Biden Brand corruption.
I'm not sure what Adam Schiff has to do with anything. And you do realize that Congressmen are not under oath when they speak in committees or on the floor of Congress.

But the House Oversight Committee today in their investigation of Hunter Biden is doing EXACTLY what you accuse Adam Schiff of having done. And that is to release false or misleading information about an investigation they are involved in. If you think Schiff was deserving of censure then you surely also think that James Comer is worthy of censure as well. Because you aren't a hypocrite right? Since the lies he and his committee have told about this affair greatly exceed anything Adam Schiff did on the Intelligence Committee.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

It's not a crime to lie...it's not even a crime for a Congressperson to lie to Congress or to the American people. It is, however, a crime to lie to the FBI, which is what Alexander Smirnov is being charged with.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:54 pm It's not a crime to lie...it's not even a crime for a Congressperson to lie to Congress or to the American people. It is, however, a crime to lie to the FBI, which is what Alexander Smirnov is being charged with.
And yet it’s not a crime for the FBI to lie to us, the people.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:10 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:54 pm It's not a crime to lie...it's not even a crime for a Congressperson to lie to Congress or to the American people. It is, however, a crime to lie to the FBI, which is what Alexander Smirnov is being charged with.
And yet it’s not a crime for the FBI to lie to us, the people.
Likewise the President. Otherwise Trump would be facing about 10,000 more felony convictions in addition to the 90+ he is already facing.
2 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

One false allegation on this case means one less straw in the haystack. I doubt it will make much of a difference.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:27 pm

But the House Oversight Committee today in their investigation of Hunter Biden is doing EXACTLY what you accuse Adam Schiff of having done. And that is to release false or misleading information about an investigation they are involved in. If you think Schiff was deserving of censure then you surely also think that James Comer is worthy of censure as well. Because you aren't a hypocrite right? Since the lies he and his committee have told about this affair greatly exceed anything Adam Schiff did on the Intelligence Committee.
Adam Schiff was censured because he “purposely deceived his Committee, Congress, and the American people,”

In August 2019, Biden proclaimed to the American people:
“First of all, I have never discussed with my son, or my brother, or anyone else anything having to do with their businesses, period. What I will do is the same thing we did in our administration. There will be an absolute wall between the personal and private, and the government.”
Then in June of 2023 the goalposts were changed, when the White House spokesman Ian Sams said:
“the president was not in business with his son.”

Then on Dec 13, 2023 Hunter Biden changed the narrative again, in a press conference he claimed:
“My father was not financially involved in my business”.
The Oversight Committee has ample proof that the statement Biden made in 2019, was a blatant lie.

Surely you also think that Biden lying to the American people is worthy of censure/impeachment as well.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:15 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 1:27 pm

Adam Schiff was censured because he “purposely deceived his Committee, Congress, and the American people,”

In August 2019, Biden proclaimed to the American people:
“First of all, I have never discussed with my son, or my brother, or anyone else anything having to do with their businesses, period. What I will do is the same thing we did in our administration. There will be an absolute wall between the personal and private, and the government.”
Then in June of 2023 the goalposts were changed, when the White House spokesman Ian Sams said:
“the president was not in business with his son.”

Then on Dec 13, 2023 Hunter Biden changed the narrative again, in a press conference he claimed:
“My father was not financially involved in my business”.
The Oversight Committee has ample proof that the statement Biden made in 2019, was a blatant lie.

Surely you also think that Biden lying to the American people is worthy of censure/impeachment as well.
I'm not sure what kind of "gotcha" you think all that represents. None of those statements are inconsistent with one another. They could all be true or false. But they don't represent some sort of changing narrative. They are simply different answers to different questions.

And now the only evidence that the committee had to suggest wrongdoing overseas or connections between Hunter Biden and Joe Biden has now vanished in a puff of smoke and lies.

And yes, James Comer has done the VERY SAME THING that the House GOP accused Adam Schiff of doing. He has deliberately misrepresented facts to the American public with respect to Hunter Biden and his business associates. And he even lied to the American public about his own business dealings and business associates when it was discovered that he was using the same sorts of shell companies that he was accusing Hunter Biden of using for nefarious purposes. And he has lied about the testimony given to the committee behind closed doors by Hunter Biden's business partners.
1 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

It would be amazing to see certain people abandon partisanship and just be willing to say, you know, wrong is wrong, even if the people doing the wrong thing are in my preferred political party.
0 x