Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Hunter Biden Plea Deal

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:27 pm
Josh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:01 am
Ken wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 11:58 pmPeople are allowed to have private lives. And even go on vacations.

I'm not defending her. If she broke any laws I'm sure it will all come out. And she will appropriately face whatever penalties exist for the laws that she actually broke. If not, shrug. Just because you are asserting wrongdoing doesn't make it so. I haven't seen any legitimate allegations of crimes on her part but then I'm not actually obsessed with this trial.

Perhaps we should pay attention to the people who are actually on trial for real crimes.
Part of our system of justice (or at least Georgia's) is that a prosecutor who is engaging in corruption when prosecuting someone... well, the defence can raise that as a defence to that prosecutor's prosecution of them.

Don't you think that's a good thing?
Yes, they are free to throw whatever they want at the wall and see what sticks. And the judge will sort it out.

Meanwhile perhaps you can connect the dots and explain how the fact that two people in a prosecutor's office are in a relationship means that the defendants are getting an unfair trial or are being treated unfairly.
The legal at question is whether to not the altered the charges to make the case take a long time and be extra complicated, so that her boyfriend could bill a lot more hours - and then she receive more kickbacks.

Keep in mind a DA in Georgia is required to make financial disclosures and failed to do so and is instead hiding behind statements like “cash is fungible”.
0 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:57 pm
I'm not sure what kind of "gotcha" you think all that represents. None of those statements are inconsistent with one another. They could all be true or false. But they don't represent some sort of changing narrative. They are simply different answers to different questions.

And now the only evidence that the committee had to suggest wrongdoing overseas or connections between Hunter Biden and Joe Biden has now vanished in a puff of smoke and lies.

And yes, James Comer has done the VERY SAME THING that the House GOP accused Adam Schiff of doing. He has deliberately misrepresented facts to the American public with respect to Hunter Biden and his business associates. And he even lied to the American public about his own business dealings and business associates when it was discovered that he was using the same sorts of shell companies that he was accusing Hunter Biden of using for nefarious purposes. And he has lied about the testimony given to the committee behind closed doors by Hunter Biden's business partners.
It doesn't change the fact that Biden blatantly lied to the American people numerous times, when he and his administration made claims, that he never discussed his son's businesses with him. His son rode along with his dad on Air Force 2 about 14 times, on business trips. His dad was with him in business meetings at restaurants and various other places when Hunter was meeting with his business partners. We have photos of Biden golfing with Hunter's business partners.

Just this week one of Hunter's former business partners testified under oath saying that Joe Biden not only knew about the influence peddling that was going on and that he knew his family’s dealings with a Chinese Communist Party linked energy company, but he also enabled them and participated in them.

There will be plenty more evidence outside of this one incident with Smirnof.

As for James Comer having shell companies. I know some in the mainstream media made those ridicuoulous claims. It only revealed their lack of knowledge and ignorance about business practices of millions of business owners in this country.

Comer has various business assets including some farmland. Some of that land is used for farming and some for hunting. He has broken down his assets into separate businesses, something many business owners do. Especially business owners who have real estate outside of a primary business. I know of many businesses here in Lancaster County who the owner has real estate or farms outside of a primary business. There is a big builder in the northern part of the county who also has a big farm. The two are completely separate businesses, but one owner. Very similar to what Comer has. Many times businesses will form separate business LLC's for liability reasons. In the event one company has a lawsuit against them, the other assets or the individual can't be touched with that suit.

Anyone with any business knowledge knows that an LLC with assets is clearly not a ‘shell’ company. Comer divided his company assets into separate entities, depending on the purpose of the land. Compare that to the Bidens who have over 20 shell companies with nothing to show, no land, no business purposes, no services provided, only designed to hide millions in payments from foreign nationals. And Comer previously consulted with the House Ethics Committee to ensure he was properly disclosing everything required. There was nothing nefarious going on.
0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:56 pm The legal at question is whether to not the altered the charges to make the case take a long time and be extra complicated, so that her boyfriend could bill a lot more hours - and then she receive more kickbacks.

Keep in mind a DA in Georgia is required to make financial disclosures and failed to do so and is instead hiding behind statements like “cash is fungible”.
i see this as a form of money laundering, in this case, of taxpayer dollars.
i suspect there’s LOADS of it going on every single day. esp wrt to big cash awards from all sorts of payouts.
“you scratch my back, i’ll scratch yours.” in this case, they took it to literal extremes.

i suppose they see+hear of so much corruption, on every level, they lose all sense of right+wrong, if they ever had it.

The days of children+young people being raised to value morality are long gone.
The stories of Lincoln walking twenty miles to return a borrowed book are true.
He had a great fire burning within to learn—and as a teenager, had read all the books within a 50-mile radius of where his family lived in frontier Indiana.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:58 pm
Ken wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:57 pm
I'm not sure what kind of "gotcha" you think all that represents. None of those statements are inconsistent with one another. They could all be true or false. But they don't represent some sort of changing narrative. They are simply different answers to different questions.

And now the only evidence that the committee had to suggest wrongdoing overseas or connections between Hunter Biden and Joe Biden has now vanished in a puff of smoke and lies.

And yes, James Comer has done the VERY SAME THING that the House GOP accused Adam Schiff of doing. He has deliberately misrepresented facts to the American public with respect to Hunter Biden and his business associates. And he even lied to the American public about his own business dealings and business associates when it was discovered that he was using the same sorts of shell companies that he was accusing Hunter Biden of using for nefarious purposes. And he has lied about the testimony given to the committee behind closed doors by Hunter Biden's business partners.
It doesn't change the fact that Biden blatantly lied to the American people numerous times, when he and his administration made claims, that he never discussed his son's businesses with him. His son rode along with his dad on Air Force 2 about 14 times, on business trips. His dad was with him in business meetings at restaurants and various other places when Hunter was meeting with his business partners. We have photos of Biden golfing with Hunter's business partners.

Just this week one of Hunter's former business partners testified under oath saying that Joe Biden not only knew about the influence peddling that was going on and that he knew his family’s dealings with a Chinese Communist Party linked energy company, but he also enabled them and participated in them.

There will be plenty more evidence outside of this one incident with Smirnof.

As for James Comer having shell companies. I know some in the mainstream media made those ridicuoulous claims. It only revealed their lack of knowledge and ignorance about business practices of millions of business owners in this country.

Comer has various business assets including some farmland. Some of that land is used for farming and some for hunting. He has broken down his assets into separate businesses, something many business owners do. Especially business owners who have real estate outside of a primary business. I know of many businesses here in Lancaster County who the owner has real estate or farms outside of a primary business. There is a big builder in the northern part of the county who also has a big farm. The two are completely separate businesses, but one owner. Very similar to what Comer has. Many times businesses will form separate business LLC's for liability reasons. In the event one company has a lawsuit against them, the other assets or the individual can't be touched with that suit.

Anyone with any business knowledge knows that an LLC with assets is clearly not a ‘shell’ company. Comer divided his company assets into separate entities, depending on the purpose of the land. Compare that to the Bidens who have over 20 shell companies with nothing to show, no land, no business purposes, no services provided, only designed to hide millions in payments from foreign nationals. And Comer previously consulted with the House Ethics Committee to ensure he was properly disclosing everything required. There was nothing nefarious going on.
Now who is moving the goal posts? NOTHING you just wrote and nothing in the testimony of Hunter Biden's business partner Bobulinski indicates that Joe Biden lied about anything.

Being AWARE of how a family member is earning a living is not the same thing as discussing the details of their business with them. For example, I am AWARE of what my wife does for a living. She is a physician. But I don't discuss the details of her business with her such as the names of her patients, the specific ailments of a specific patient, and the specific treatments that she prescribed. Sometimes she tells me a general story about life in medicine. But never any details about her specific work or a specific patient. One can spend time with someone, even a family member, and not actually discuss the details of their private business dealings. In fact, that is what most of us do every day. Not long ago I spent time with my brother who was down for the holidays. He is a construction contractor. We managed to spend a couple of days together without discussing the details of his business or mine. Imagine that.

And this is a perfect example of why Hunter Biden was right to refuse to testify behind closed doors. Because in the case of Bobulinski, the Committee under Comer released their own narrative (i.e. LIES) that were not supported by his actual testimony when the transcripts were finally released. They do this on purpose because they know the press will cover their big "reveal" and spin but not bother to look at the details later.

If they actually had a shred of evidence to support their accusations they would already be tripping over themselves in their rush to impeachment. The fact that no one is even talking about impeachment anymore tells us that they have nothing and are basically wasting all of our time along with millions of dollars.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:34 pm
Now who is moving the goal posts? NOTHING you just wrote and nothing in the testimony of Hunter Biden's business partner Bobulinski indicates that Joe Biden lied about anything.
And you saw the transcripts from the hearings held this past week?

Don't bother answering as we all know that Biden could never lie. (sic) Biden DID graduate at the top of his class, and he never plagiarized anything. His son DID die in Iraq and not from cancer in a hospital in Washington DC.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... aggerated/
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm

Don't bother answering as we all know that Biden could never lie. (sic) Biden DID graduate at the top of his class, and he never plagiarized anything. His son DID die in Iraq and not from cancer in a hospital in Washington DC.

That's it? I see absolutely NOTHING about Hunter Biden on that list. And most of those are not actually lies by any definition of the term.

And yes, I looked at the transcripts and noticed that how the committee characterized what he said was different from what he actually said.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:35 pm
Grace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 6:13 pm

That's it? I see absolutely NOTHING about Hunter Biden on that list. And most of those are not actually lies by any definition of the term.

And yes, I looked at the transcripts and noticed that how the committee characterized what he said was different from what he actually said.
Don't change things up. You knew I was talking about Joe Biden lying to the American people, in my prior posts, and not Hunter's.

Biden cheated in law school.
Lied about his grades
Lied about his GPA
Lied about his scholarships
Lied when he said numerous times, that his son died in Iraq.
Lied about a small kitchen fire.
Lied about driving truck at one point in his life.
Lied when he said he was a full professor at UPenn

The list is endless. And when Joe Biden says he never discussed his son's business dealings, he is telling the truth??? If any one believes that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn that is up for sale. :laugh
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:50 pmDon't change things up. You knew I was talking about Joe Biden lying to the American people, in my prior posts, and not Hunter's.
I'm not changing thing up. These were your exact words. You were talking about Hunter Biden:
And there is no evidence that Joe Biden ever lied about having any business connections with his son or his son's associates. If there were evidence, and it was evidence of actual CORRUPTION, then we'd already be in the middle of impeachment hearings by now.

No one cares about about GPA, grades, or college transcripts or whatever 35 years ago. Things that he corrected for the record at the time anyway.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:05 pm

I'm not changing thing up. These were your exact words. You were talking about Hunter Biden:

My words speak for themselves:

I suppose I should have said I was referring to Joe Biden in my posts. But if people can't deduce that I was talking about Joe Biden in those comments, they need to brush up on their reading comprehension.
No one cares about about GPA, grades, or college transcripts or whatever 35 years ago. Things that he corrected for the record at the time anyway.
I guess I won't list his recent lies as you will defend him no matter how many whoppers he tells.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Grace wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:40 pm
Ken wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:05 pm

My words speak for themselves:

I suppose I should have said I was referring to Joe Biden in my posts. But if people can't deduce that I was talking about Joe Biden in those comments, they need to brush up on their reading comprehension.
I guess I won't list his recent lies as you will defend him no matter how many whoppers he tells.
You were accusing Joe Biden of lying about his business relationship with Hunter Biden.

I'm not defending Joe Biden. He and his administration can defend themselves. I'm simply pointing out that there is zero substance to the accusations that Joe Biden was involved in any corruption related to Hunter Biden and Ukraine or anywhere else. If there was then we'd already be in the middle of impeachment hearings and Republicans would be screaming for the appointment of special prosecutor in the Ken Starr and Robert Mueller mold. Instead they just adjourned for a 2-week recess.

Nor is there any evidence that Hunter Biden was involved in any sort of illegal corruption overseas. The only things he has been charged with is mundane stuff like tax evasion and firearms license paperwork violations. Which frankly no one actually cares about. If they did then Trump would not be well on his way to being nominated a second time.

You are the one who brought up stuff about Biden's GPA or grades or whatever that he said campaigning way back in 1988 that he retraced and corrected at the time. I'm quite confident that Biden has said a lot of wrong things over the years. In fact he is known for it. People really don't care, especially in the age of Trump.
0 x