Whose Children are They?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Whose Children are They?

Post by Grace »

As Christians we believe our children are entrusted to us as gifts from God, to be raised and instilled with Godly principles. We do welcome outside help from like minded loving people when raising them. Back in the 90’s Hillary Clinton wrote a book “It Takes a Village to Raise a Child”. I agree with her, to a degree, although her definition of a “village” is completely different than mine. Our “village” for raising children was a community of believers in our church, friends, Godly loving Grandparents, Christian School teachers, Sunday School teachers, aunts and uncles etc.

Recently the concept has been arising that our nation’s children are everyone’s children. And it raises concerns. I don’t trust the government, especially this current corrupt and evil administration. In the last two years we have seen a sharp rise in the promotion of sexualizing and grooming young children through education, condoned by those in power. The fact that these same people who promote sexualizing children, are the same people who believe America's children are ALL our children, is very troubling.

Just recently the president made the comment: “There is no such thing as someone else's child. Our nation's children are ALL our children."

VP Kamala Harris said: "When you see our kids, and I truly believe that they are our children, they are the children of our country, of our communities.”

Press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre, while appearing at the 34th annual GLAAD Media Awards, spoke and insisted that kids, including trans kids, are “our Kids” and belong to all of us.

Education Secretary Miguel Cardona, insinuated that teachers know better than the children’s parents, when he said, “Teachers know what is best for their kids because they are with them every day. We must trust teachers.”

Does anyone see a pattern here? When it came to the LGTB ideology and gay marriage, first it was a push for tolerance, then forced acceptance, and then it became law. Anyone who disagrees is deemed an extreme, intolerant bigot, and must be stereotyped as such. (Extremist MAGA Republicans is the constant name calling being thrown around these days). And if parents voice concerns at School Board meetings they are put on the FBI's “domestic terrorist list”. Is the concept that our children are the government’s and all society's children, the beginning of a slippery slope?

Interesting article, written in 2022
https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-want ... on-1704862
2 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Whose Children are They?

Post by temporal1 »

From my observation, this rhetoric began decades ago with the popularized African proverb, “IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD.”
Unfortunately, political idelogues picked it up to tweak it, “IT TAKES LIB GOVERNMENT TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN,” pay up and shut up.

It’s getting exponentionally worse, as noted above, led directly out of the White House.

“The White House” is a euphemism for: “funded out of the public treasury, promoted+protected by human law.”
AKA: legal citizens, you lose.

TRILLIONS: The more they spend, the worse life gets (for law-abiding legal citizens). And their children.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Grace wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 4:53 pmDoes anyone see a pattern here?
Yes, for sure!
1 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Federal lawsuit / Rincon Middle School teachers Elizabeth Mirabelli and Lori Ann West / Escondido CA

CBN / Veteran Teacher Sues Over Claim Policy Mandates She Hide Kids' Gender Identities / 18:32min
✏️ Description:
“A veteran middle school teacher who has spent more than 20 years in the classroom is suing school leaders over the claim officials implored her and other educators to lie to parents about students’ gender identities.

Elizabeth Mirabelli said she’s passionate about helping students learn and prepare for the future and “achieve their own dreams.”
But the educator said she’s been forced to take a stand over what she said is improper policymaking at the hands of the
Escondido Union School District.

“We were told in meetings that we had to follow the policy strictly,” Mirabelli told CBN’s Faithwire.
“We were told to say certain things and we were told to withhold information from parents,
and one teacher that works with me at my school asked a lot of questions about the policy.
She spoke to her students about it, also questioning whether it was the right thing to do.”

Mirabelli said the teacher was soon called into the office and “reprimanted in writing” by the principal and vice-principal.
This, in effect, left Mirabelli scared to speak out. “I got pretty scared because I thought, ‘They're gonna write you up, that goes in your file, and you're supposedly violating the rules of your contract,’” she said.

At the time, Mirabelli said the policy, which had been in the works for quite some time, wasn’t anything she needed to immediately worry about. This school year, though, the dynamic did finally enter her classroom and students reportedly began making such requests.

“They were asking me, ‘I'd like to be called this … but please don't tell my parents,’” she said. “I was approached by a number of students, and I realized quickly that I was in a really rough space because I keep in regular contact with parents.”

Now, she's taking action.

CBN News. Because Truth Matters™ “

✝️ All established cultures, all religions teach to respect parents, elders, and not to lie.
Christians are easy targets.

SAN DIEGO / “Two Escondido teachers sue school district, state leaders over gender identity privacy policy”
“State-level and district guidance advise schools not to disclose to parents if students are transgender without the student’s consent, citing safety concerns. A lawsuit by two Rincon Middle school teachers argues parents deserve to know.”
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/ne ... disclosure

Escondido, CA
“Fight for Transparency: California Teacher Faces Backlash and Harassment After Exposing School's Gender Identity Policy!”
“A California middle school teacher, Elizabeth Mirabelli, and her colleague, Lori Ann West, have filed a federal lawsuit against Rincon Middle School in Escondido.”
https://original.newsbreak.com/@ty-d-16 ... ity-policy

THOMAS MORE SOCIETY
“California Teachers Sue School District for Forcing Them to Deceive Parents About Students’ Gender Preferences”
https://thomasmoresociety.org/californi ... eferences/

and, of course, the all-important .. ..

“Teacher who sued school over gender secrets policy harassed by staff, students”
https://readlion.com/2023/05/16/teacher ... -students/

HOW DOES THE U.S. GOVERNMENT GET INTO THE BUSINESS OF TEACHING AND HELPING STUDENTS TO LIE TO THEIR PARENTS? :evil:
Pirating taxpayer dollars to promote, protect and fund, with impunity - right under everyone’s noses.
0 x

UNKNOWN
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I think most folks agree that protecting children from abuse is a "village" responsibility. Where folks differ is whether supporting or opposing things such as puberty blockers is abuse.

A friend recently couldn't be with his children alone for a few months. A foreign house guest had a child who was going to the local school and the child was disliked by some peers who declared they would make trouble for her. Soon after one of these kids reported that the child said my friend was abusing her. INVESTIGATIONS! Although the child who reported claimed abuse denied it immediately, the investigation took a long time and my friend always needed to have another adult present when he was with his children. Due to work schedules, this meant a grandparent had to come after school several days a week. Finally, the case was put on hold due to "insufficient evidence." Although official suspicion remains, no restrictions anymore.

If abuse really had been going on, I think government protection would have been warranted.
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Matt Walsh could ask another question: WHAT IS A SCHOOL TEACHER?
0 x

UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:46 am I think most folks agree that protecting children from abuse is a "village" responsibility. Where folks differ is whether supporting or opposing things such as puberty blockers is abuse.

A friend recently couldn't be with his children alone for a few months. A foreign house guest had a child who was going to the local school and the child was disliked by some peers who declared they would make trouble for her. Soon after one of these kids reported that the child said my friend was abusing her. INVESTIGATIONS! Although the child who reported claimed abuse denied it immediately, the investigation took a long time and my friend always needed to have another adult present when he was with his children. Due to work schedules, this meant a grandparent had to come after school several days a week. Finally, the case was put on hold due to "insufficient evidence." Although official suspicion remains, no restrictions anymore.

If abuse really had been going on, I think government protection would have been warranted.
Important point. ABUSE is already NOT legal.
Current trends presume parents are criminals, or, at least incompetent. More punishing all for sins+crimes of the minority.

Not unlike criticisms of patriarchies. ABUSE is sin, not of God’s design.

Don’t overlook, schools+healthcare providers have long invited+encouraged students to go to them behind their parents’ backs (lie) for all description sex instruction, condoms and all description birth control, and abortions.

“Does anyone see a pattern?”
Last edited by temporal1 on Sun May 21, 2023 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

No, protecting children from abuse is a parental responsibility.

(I am not counting fake “parents” like homosexual “couples” who have the highest domestic violence rates and also frequently abuse their “adopted” children. I would agree that a “village” needs to remove children from such a harmful situation.)
0 x
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

Josh wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:00 am No, protecting children from abuse is a parental responsibility.

(I am not counting fake “parents” like homosexual “couples” who have the highest domestic violence rates and also frequently abuse their “adopted” children. I would agree that a “village” needs to remove children from such a harmful situation.)
Isn't it both the parents' and the village's responsibility? When parents are abusive is society supposed to allow that?
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

JimFoxvog wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:04 am
Josh wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 8:00 am No, protecting children from abuse is a parental responsibility.
Isn't it both the parents' and the village's responsibility? When parents are abusive is society supposed to allow that?
Can you wrap your head around this is not in the OP question?
0 x

UNKNOWN