Bill Barr on Trump

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Bill Barr on Trump

Post by mike »

I thought this short article on Barr's thoughts on Trump potentially being the Republican nominee for the next presidential election was interesting.
“If you believe in his policies, what he’s advertising as his policies, he’s the last person who could actually execute them and achieve them,” Barr said of Trump at an event in Cleveland. “He does not have the discipline.”

When pressed further, Barr claimed his former boss doesn’t have “the ability for strategic thinking” or “setting priorities.”

“It is a horror show when he’s left to his own devices,” Barr said. “And so, you may want his policies, but Trump will not deliver Trump policies.”

“He will deliver chaos and, if anything, lead to a backlash that will set his policies much further back than they otherwise would be,” he added.
Barr previously said that Trump is the Republican most likely to lose to Biden in 24.

Whether he is correct or not, it's worth at least thinking about given his proximity to Trump as his AG.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
QuietlyListening
Affiliation: Anabaptist @ baptist

Re: Bill Barr on Trump

Post by QuietlyListening »

It is interesting to see what many of Trump's former cohorts are saying these days.

Truthfully I would love an election with neither Trump nor Biden running. Guess we will see.
4 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

I am not a big fan of WIlliam Barr. I think he is too establishment minded. I saw that when he was AG for Trump. I think he has done some good things, but he is not a dismantler. That is what was/is needed.

I do not think Vivek Ramaswamy would use him at all. This is who I hope gets the Republican nomination and I hope RFK Jr gets the Democratic nomination.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

From the article:
“He will deliver chaos and, if anything, lead to a backlash that will set his policies much further back than they otherwise would be,” he added.
Yes there is an element of chaos associated with Trump. But from what I have seen, it is also the main stream media who projects Trump as chaotic. It is the current white House who constantly alienate millions of Americans who do not support Biden destructive policies, as evil and extreme MAGA Republicans, who are creating chaos. When listening to the White House press briefings, it is astounding the lies that are told, also creating chaos.

I wonder who the Ukrainian people would deem as emboldening chaos in the lives, Trump or Biden?

Truthfully I would love an election with neither Trump nor Biden running. Guess we will see.
I agree 100%.
0 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Border chaos, Ukraine chaos, Taiwan chaos, Oil chaos, Hunter chaos, Inflation chaos vs Twitter chaos.

Hmmm. Hard to choose.
1 x
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:37 am Border chaos, Ukraine chaos, Taiwan chaos, Oil chaos, Hunter chaos, Inflation chaos vs Twitter chaos.

Hmmm. Hard to choose.
I could lengthen your list of current day chaos, but won’t.

Interestingly all of the chaotic, chaos on your list did NOT happen under the last so called “ chaotic” administration. Not defending Trump but his threatening, big bloviating mouth, his unpredictable projection and threats, kept some of the current chaos we have today, at bay.
1 x
Sliceitup
Affiliation: Keystone, for now

Post by Sliceitup »

Robert wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:37 am Border chaos, Ukraine chaos, Taiwan chaos, Oil chaos, Hunter chaos, Inflation chaos vs Twitter chaos.

Hmmm. Hard to choose.
I think the point is that any leader needs to have better thinking processes in order to be a capable leader. I think there’s going to be chaos regardless. But Barr is saying that in the case of Trump that chaos will negatively affect the policy goals that his voters want.
2 x
mike
Affiliation: ConMen

Post by mike »

Sliceitup wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:45 pm

Hmmm. Hard to choose.
I think the point is that any leader needs to have better thinking processes in order to be a capable leader. I think there’s going to be chaos regardless. But Barr is saying that in the case of Trump that chaos will negatively affect the policy goals that his voters want.
That's what I understood him to be saying, and I think that he is correct in that.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Dan Z
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by Dan Z »

mike wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:08 am
Sliceitup wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 1:45 pm

Hmmm. Hard to choose.
That's what I understood him to be saying, and I think that he is correct in that.
I do as well Mike. However, I'm not convinced the octogenarian Biden will do much better in the complex thinking department...although he seems to be more capable of listening to counsel than his predecessor.

With 300 million people to pick from...couldn't the country come up with a few better choices? I'm less convinced than ever that American Political polity, at least in the era of such a significantly divided government, is capable of producing consistently good candidate choices.
1 x
Robert
Site Janitor

Post by Robert »

Dan Z wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:16 pm With 300 million people to pick from...couldn't the country come up with a few better choices?
Vivek Ramaswamy and RJK Jr.
0 x