Tucker Carlson Departs Fox News, Effective Immediately

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Tucker Carlson Departs Fox News, Effective Immediately

Post by RZehr »

Tucker is gone.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tuc ... 46138.html
I wonder if Fox will try to reinvent themselves.
0 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Tucker Carlson Departs Fox News, Effective Immediately

Post by Szdfan »

I'm shocked. I'll be interested in seeing more details emerge.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Don Lemon is gone from CNN too.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Bootstrap wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 2:34 pm Don Lemon is gone from CNN too.
Maybe the Daily Wire can hire them
1 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Ernie
Affiliation: Anabaptist Umbrella

Post by Ernie »

Did Carlson actually hate Trump?

Does Carlson hate Trump now?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna76056
0 x
The old woodcutter spoke again. “It is impossible to talk with you. You always draw conclusions. Life is so vast, yet you judge all of life with one page or one word. You see only a fragment. Unless you know the whole story, how can you judge?"
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Ernie wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 4:40 pm Did Carlson actually hate Trump?

Does Carlson hate Trump now?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... -rcna76056
He had lots of internal emails and conversations in which he voiced those thoughts privately within FOX news that were revealed in the Dominion lawsuit. Which differ dramatically from his public comments as a new host. Here is an article that compiles the private comments of Tucker Carlson with respect to Trump: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/04 ... -read.html

To answer your question, this is what he wrote back in early 2021:
“I hate him passionately,” Carlson texted Pfeiffer on January 4, days prior to the riot at the U.S. Capitol. He added, of Trump’s presidency, “We’re all pretending we’ve got a lot to show for it, because admitting what a disaster it’s been is too tough to digest. But come on. There really isn’t an upside to Trump.”
As for his opinion now? There is what he says publicly. But one also has to ask how much audience there is for an anti-Trump conservative commentator in our current political environment. Probably not a lot. Certainly not as much as there is for a pro-Trump conservative commentator. So if he wants to continue being a conservative talking head, he probably has to disavow his previous comments or he is done.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Apparently, Tucker was mad that the redesigned female cartoon M&Ms were no longer sexy enough.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Obe Wan's words really come to mind here.

“You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.”
1 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Szdfan

Post by Szdfan »

Robert wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:30 pm Obe Wan's words really come to mind here.

“You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.”
My problem with this analogy is that I think Tucker Carlson is Darth Vader, not Obie Wan.

Tucker's show replaced Bill O'Reilly after he was fired for sexual harassment. O'Reilly still has a career and is writing books and podcasting, but he doesn't have the reach that he had while on Fox. Glenn Beck is still around but doesn't have the same reach either.

Liberals often consider Tucker to be worse than O'Reilly, and there is fear that whoever replaces Tucker is going to be worse.
0 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Szdfan wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 2:28 pm
Robert wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:30 pm Obe Wan's words really come to mind here.

My problem with this analogy is that I see Tucker Carlson as Darth Vader, not Obie Wan.

Tucker's show replaced Bill O'Reilly after he was fired for sexual harassment. O'Reilly still has a career and is writing books and podcasting, but he doesn't have the reach that he had while on Fox. Liberals often consider Tucker to be worse than O'Reilly and there is fear that whoever replaces Tucker is going to be worse.
My guess is that Newsmax or some other conservative media outlet snatches up Tucker as a way of eroding FOX's market share and he keeps doing exactly what he does.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr