Christian Nationalism

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Christian Nationalism

Post by temporal1 »

2016 / Page 1:
justme wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:29 pm i lost my "be nice to stupid people" today .. ..
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:56 am
Josh wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:25 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:07 pm What's the percentage of atheists in the US population? How many atheists are in Congress or the Supreme Court?
At this country's founding, atheists were considered unreliable witnesses since they had no fear of God nor a fear of eternal punishment, and thus were not able to run for office since they couldn't swear an oath of office.

I see no reason why this situation should change. Atheists are unreliable and untrustworthy. They have rejected truth itself.
So you would prohibit Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Bahai, and anyone not Christian from government as well?
That's not a remotely logical extrapolation. He's excluding only atheists and Anabaptists.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:56 am
Josh wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:25 pm
Szdfan wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:07 pm What's the percentage of atheists in the US population? How many atheists are in Congress or the Supreme Court?
At this country's founding, atheists were considered unreliable witnesses since they had no fear of God nor a fear of eternal punishment, and thus were not able to run for office since they couldn't swear an oath of office.

I see no reason why this situation should change. Atheists are unreliable and untrustworthy. They have rejected truth itself.
So you would prohibit Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Bahai, and anyone not Christian from government as well?
Jews and Muslims? Not in the slightest (assuming they aren't atheist). We all believe in God.

I do not have a quarrel with Hindus or Bahá'í people, either, as they also believe in God or gods, albeit quite differently than I understand them. They are not atheists in the slightest.

Atheism, specifically, is a REJECTION of God, and is a very harmful, toxic ideology that has no place being respected in a society. The Constitution of America allows freedom of religion, not freedom from religion.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

ohio jones wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:47 am That's not a remotely logical extrapolation. He's excluding only atheists and Anabaptists.
As much as I'd appreciate the government excluding us, it seems nearly every form I have come across in recent times says "swear (or affirm)". The last time I had to make a big deal about a form that didn't leave room for affirmation was an affidavit an employer requested me to sign back in 2014 when I lost a company-owned laptop (and their legal counsel did not have the foggiest idea what I was talking about).
0 x