MyPillow guy has to pay $5 million as promised

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Re: MyPillow guy has to pay $5 million as promised

Post by ohio jones »

Josh wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:08 pm But this gets us no closer to knowing anything about the facts at hand. (I, personally, do not believe in Chinese election interference at all - but that is simply my opinion, not facts.)
What facts are you looking for? This case is not about Chinese election interference, though some people would probably like it to be; it's about a contest run amok.
1 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:20 pm
Josh wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:08 pm But this gets us no closer to knowing anything about the facts at hand. (I, personally, do not believe in Chinese election interference at all - but that is simply my opinion, not facts.)
What facts are you looking for? This case is not about Chinese election interference, though some people would probably like it to be; it's about a contest run amok.
The case is about Mike Lindell claiming that he had incontrovertible evidence of Chinese election interference and offering $5 million to anyone who could prove him wrong.

It doesn't mean the Chinese didn't interfere in the election. But it does mean that Mike Lindell didn't have evidence of Chinese interference as he had claimed. Because software developer Robert Zeidman was, indeed, able to show that the data Mike Lindell claimed was Chinese electronic elections interference was nothing of the sort.
1 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Ken wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:41 pm But it does mean that Mike Lindell didn't have evidence of Chinese interference as he had claimed.
No, it doesn't mean that Lindell has no such evidence (although I personally doubt that he does). It just means that he didn't provide it to Zeidman as part of the contest.
2 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:20 pm
Bob Zeidman wrote an article about this on LinkedIn

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-uncove ... b-zeidman/

Zeidman does see a connection to Chinese election interference, because Lindell had claimed that the Chinese were using Dominion voting machines to interfere in the election:
Mike Lindell is famous for several things: inventor of the MyPillow, founder and CEO of MyPillow, Inc., a stalwart supporter of President Trump, and promoter of the theory that the 2020 presidential election was fraudulent, with subversive actors swinging votes from Trump to Biden. For months, Lindell has been claiming to have incontrovertible evidence of this fraud, blaming Chinese government hacking and interference by Dominion Voting Machines, the company that supplied many electronic voting machines throughout the country. In July, he announced the Cyber Symposium to be held in Sioux Falls, South Dakota for three days in August to present this proof to invited attendees including technical experts in forensics. So certain was he that his proof would pass serious examination, that he offered a $5 million prize to anyone who could prove that his evidence was wrong.
Here is part of his description of Lindell's event:
Just about every election conspiracy was mentioned including that Dominion voting machines are connected to the Internet despite the company stating otherwise, other companies’ voting machines were also connected to the Internet despite those companies stating otherwise, Dominion software threw votes from Trump to Biden, other voting machines did the same, China hacked into the machines via the Internet to change the votes, Democrats ran ballots through the machines multiple times, George Soros was funding the fraud, and Chinese chips were found soldered to computer boards inside the voting machine to change the vote. I’m sure I missed a few in this list.
Here's how he describes the "experts" who were on stage at the event:
The people on his panels didn’t seem eager to voice their opinion, but when they did, these “technical experts” got technical terms wrong. None of these people were introduced, so I had to listen carefully if someone called them by name and then search online for their bios and credentials. The “experts” on the panels included David Clements, a business lawyer from New Mexico and former never-Trumper with no technical education. Another speaker was Patrick Colbeck, former Senator from Michigan who does have degrees in aerospace engineering. Another frequent panelist was Dr. Douglas Frank, a physicist whose expertise is in low energy electron diffraction and electron spectroscopy and microscopy. None had specific forensics experience, but at least some had a technical background so I’ll concede that they could be knowledgeable. But how about the panel of “Super Moms” who just seemed upset that Trump had lost. Lindell said they were afraid for our country and for their children, which is reasonable... but not for a cyber symposium. Where were the people who, like me, had spent decades studying and perfecting forensic technology and had analyzed the forensic data and discovered the fraud?
But he also said there were true experts at the event, just not on stage. Most were hoping to confirm the fraud. But when they looked at the files, that's not what they found.
Those with true forensics credentials were not on stage but in breakout rooms in the back. I joined them, and to my pleasant surprise, many were highly qualified, experienced, knowledgeable, and most importantly, took an unbiased look at the evidence presented to us. Make no mistake that all or most of them were hoping to confirm the fraud. Most of us had been Trump supporters. But all of us had integrity and required hard evidence before drawing a conclusion.

We asked to see the “proof of fraud” that had been promised to us, and were pointed to 5 files on the network. We had been told that these files showed data flowing from China and other places over the Internet to the voting machines on the day of the election. We each downloaded them, one of which was over 22 Gbytes, but found that they contained no recognizable data in any known data format. We were stumped.

At some point, I performed a simple transformation of the files and found something surprising. I quietly packed up my things, said goodbye to my fellow experts, went back to my hotel room, and called my wife. “I have some good news,” I whispered to her on the phone. “All I want to say is that you should start thinking about how you want to spend five million dollars.” The transformations I had performed showed that these files were actually simple Microsoft Word documents containing numbers and gibberish. There was no way for this to be network data or any data related to the election. I spent the next hours until late in the evening preparing a detailed report to prove this point. In the morning I reviewed my report and even registered a copyright online to protect what could turn out to be the most valuable document I had ever written.
There's more there for anyone who wants to read it.

And here's the report that he submitted to claim the prize:

https://www.zeidmanconsulting.com/docum ... 0fraud.zip

That's on this page, which gives an idea of other kinds of things Zeidman works on:

https://www.zeidmanconsulting.com/download.htm
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

ohio jones wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:47 pm
Ken wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:41 pm But it does mean that Mike Lindell didn't have evidence of Chinese interference as he had claimed.
No, it doesn't mean that Lindell has no such evidence (although I personally doubt that he does). It just means that he didn't provide it to Zeidman as part of the contest.
Well, $5 million dollars says he doesn't have it.
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:00 pm And here's the report that he submitted to claim the prize:

One good way to get the technical detail is to download the above file, unzip it, and read the following PDF:

Zeidman Expert Report on Mike Lindell's Challenge.pdf

I think it's very concrete and detailed.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Bootstrap wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 5:29 pm
Bootstrap wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:00 pm And here's the report that he submitted to claim the prize:

One good way to get the technical detail is to download the above file, unzip it, and read the following PDF:

Zeidman Expert Report on Mike Lindell's Challenge.pdf

I think it's very concrete and detailed.
You can see how this was evaluated by the American Arbitration Association Commercial Arbitration Tribunal here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/document ... a3fc32.pdf
0 x
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

I'm astonished or bemused or sickened by what appears to be a bunch of grown men (particularly Lindell et al) going to the lengths they did in order to try to make their own fraud or conspiracy look legitimate by doing the symposium and then the contest... the whole thing from start to finish is a paper tower, and it feels like some of them knew it - yet it looks like they spent hours and hours and meetings and money and who knows what all to come up with/write out/organize the "contest" and the symposium and.... :shock: Massive own goal, for the whole world to see now...
1 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Jazman wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:07 am I'm astonished or bemused or sickened by what appears to be a bunch of grown men (particularly Lindell et al) going to the lengths they did in order to try to make their own fraud or conspiracy look legitimate by doing the symposium and then the contest... the whole thing from start to finish is a paper tower, and it feels like some of them knew it - yet it looks like they spent hours and hours and meetings and money and who knows what all to come up with/write out/organize the "contest" and the symposium and.... :shock: Massive own goal, for the whole world to see now...
personally, i pay 0% attention to Lindell, equal to my interest in DJT before he was elected.
men do what men will do. lawyers, media, politicians run breathlessly right alongside them. evidently, lots of folks follow with interest. it’s profitable, right?

i never had the slightest problem ignoring tabloid news before the internet. from 5-6th grade. not rocket science.
the internet makes it harder, it’s pretty much reduced all content to tabloid-level standards. at least, appearing side-by-side.

it’s sad. Honduras Keiser is one who reflects it’s possible to find better, and much better in secular reporting, sources.
ohio jones wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:20 pm What facts are you looking for?
This case is not about Chinese election interference, though some people would probably like it to be;

it's about a contest run amok.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

Jazman wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:07 am I'm astonished or bemused or sickened by what appears to be a bunch of grown men (particularly Lindell et al) going to the lengths they did in order to try to make their own fraud or conspiracy look legitimate by doing the symposium and then the contest... the whole thing from start to finish is a paper tower, and it feels like some of them knew it - yet it looks like they spent hours and hours and meetings and money and who knows what all to come up with/write out/organize the "contest" and the symposium and.... :shock: Massive own goal, for the whole world to see now...
It puzzles me why we are even discussing it on here. It has no connection to us or our faith. It seems really out of place. I will not post more here because I have no interest.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.