Would you vote for Robert Kennedy, Jr?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

Would you vote for Robert Kennedy, Jr?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 14

JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Re: Would you vote for Robert Kennedy, Jr?

Post by JohnHurt »

Ken wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:26 pm
Josh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:12 pm Come on Ken. I remember the very dirty tricks used against Sanders. You should keep in mind I used to be involved with Democratic campaigns back when Sanders was seriously running. I was not caucusing for him but even as a non-supporter I was unimpressed with the extents they went to to suppress him and his message.
Then he and DeSantis can compete for who is the most anti-Science and anti-Vax.
'
Like Fauci said "Trust the science...".

Where is Fauci now? I understand Rand Paul wants to speak to him.
1 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

JohnHurt wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:47 pm
Josh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:12 pm Come on Ken. I remember the very dirty tricks used against Sanders. You should keep in mind I used to be involved with Democratic campaigns back when Sanders was seriously running. I was not caucusing for him but even as a non-supporter I was unimpressed with the extents they went to to suppress him and his message.
'

kind of off topic, but here in PA. the health secretary (Now Biden's Assistant Health Secretary) used Fauci's line as well...lots of times. Yet Richard/Rachel Levine didn't believe the science that females are given 2 X chromosomes at birth and males the 1 X and 1 Y chromosomes. He decided to become a she.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Oddly enough, the Democratic party's primary process is not very... democratic. The whole thing is basically rigged.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

JohnHurt wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:44 pmDon't forget the Superdelegates in 2016. The Democratic primaries just gave us "plebes" the illusion of democracy. You can vote all you want, but the Superdelegates tip the scale.

And yes, Bernie is a genuine bona fide member of the Democratic party. (Where do you get this stuff?)

And Bernie had a lot more "boots on the ground" in in 2016 the form of young dedicated college students that would man the phone banks, hand out literature, and get out the vote - than the other candidates.
Yes, I have heard all the endless conspiracy mongering about the 2016 primary. That is the dominion of losers and Sanders just lost. It is as unseemly as all the Clintonites whining about losing to Trump in the general election. They knew the rules going in and trying to run up the score in California (as Clinton did in the late days of the campaign) doesn't get you a win. Sanders strategy in 2016 was to try to run up the score in caucus states which are the least Democratic.

Here all the polling for the entire primary season in 2016 and Sanders never once eclipsed Clinton

And here are the actual vote counts. It really wasn't that close

As for Sander's party affiliation? Let's see what he has to say about it. Oh look. On his own official Senate web site he identifies himself as an independent not a Democrat. One would think he has a better idea of his own party affiliation than you do.

0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:03 pm Oddly enough, the Democratic party's primary process is not very... democratic. The whole thing is basically rigged.
If not, it’s very likely DJT would have run as a Dem, and Tulsi, and others would not have left the party, more in process.

As a complete bystander, i sense the Chicago gangsters have taken over in form+function. The mob families.
They replaced primitive bazookas with more sophisticated law degrees.

There is a lot of Chicago in D.C., elected and appointed. i’m sorry to say.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

JohnHurt wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:47 pm
'

I think Fauci is happily retired. How many times has he testified in Congress? Dozens and dozens I'm sure. What latest conspiracy does Rand Paul want to peddle now? And does anybody even care about COVID anymore? Not from what I can see. I want to talk to Jarred Kushner about the tens of billions of taxpayer dollars that vanished into COVID slush funds under his watch. But I'm sure I'll not get that opportunity either.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:13 pm
Josh wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 10:03 pm Oddly enough, the Democratic party's primary process is not very... democratic. The whole thing is basically rigged.
If not, it’s very likely DJT would have run as a Dem, and Tulsi, and others would not have left the party, more in process.

As a complete bystander, i sense the Chicago gangsters have taken over in form+function. The mob families.
They replaced primitive bazookas with more sophisticated law degrees.

There is a lot of Chicago in D.C., elected and appointed. i’m sorry to say.
Trump running as a Democrat? Where do you get this stuff. Can you name a single Democratic policy priority that Trump shares?
'
His first run in 2000 was under the Reform Party with Jesse Ventura: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Tr ... l_campaign
He ran an exploratory GOP campaign in 2012 and spent most of his time peddling conspiracy theories about Barak Obama's birth certificate. He was the original "birther"
And then finally ran for real in 2016.

And as for the Democratic primary being undemocratic? The concern-trolling by Josh is so amusing. You think Tulsi Gabbard failed because there was a conspiracy against her? That's ridiculous. She failed because she was a bad candidate and had no following among actual Democrats. Kind of like how Carly Fiorina withdrew from the GOP primary in 2016 after getting a whopping 0% in the polls and 0.13% of the popular vote.

The fact of the matter is that the Republican party primary is FAR more undemocratic because all the early primaries are rigged as "winner-take-all" whereas all the Democratic primaries are proportional representation. Look it up. The Democratic primary process is far more democratic than the Republican one. And it was made even more undemocratic for 2024 to benefit Trump: https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2023/03 ... boost.html
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

JohnHurt wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:48 pm
Also, by checking the box that you support the war in Ukraine, this automatically drafts you into the US Military, 18 to 65 years old, both male and female. You will be reporting for duty on Monday. You would be amazed how many "liberals" and "conservatives" would become "anti-war".
You have some valid points. This should be a thread all in its own.
1 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by JimFoxvog »

I'd have to see who Kennedy is running against. I appreciate his stance against a huge military, but his anti-vax stuff is a bit too odd for me.
0 x
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Confirms Run For President As A Democrat

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. is officially running for president in 2024 as a Democrat meaning he will be challenging incumbent Joe Biden.

Kennedy, the nephew of President John F. Kennedy, filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday.

Already, the mainstream media is slamming him as an “anti-vaccine activist” with CNN even calling him a “quack.”

What the MSM won’t tell you is Kennedy has historically called out Big Tech and globalists like Bill Gates for using censorship to “engineer the destruction of democracy and our civil rights.”

Watch Kennedy’s powerful speech he gave in Switzerland two years ago about the crisis humanity is facing:

“When they use the term vaccine misinformation, they are using it as a euphemism for any statement that departs from official government policies and pharmaceutical industry profit taking,” said Kennedy. “It has nothing to do with whether it is true or false. It only has to do with what the political implications are.”

“And who is doing this censorship? It’s government officials in league with Bill Gates, [Oracle CEO] Larry Ellison, Mark Zuckerberg, Sergey Brin from Google, and with all these internet titans. They have engineered not only the destruction of our democracy and our civil rights, they have engineered the biggest shift of wealth in human history — $3.8 trillion from working people to these handful of billionaires, many of them from Silicon Valley,” he continued.

“This pandemic has impoverished the world and created 500 new billionaires.”

“Is it a coincidence that these are the same people who are censoring criticism of the government policies that are bringing them trillions of dollars? The people who are benefiting are the people who squeezing away our constitutional rights and engineering the destruction of democracy worldwide.”
As recent as last month, the 69-year-old civil rights proponent & founder of Children’s Health Defense was mulling a presidential run.

“If it looks like I can raise the money and mobilize enough people to win, I’ll jump in the race,” he said. “If I run, my top priority will be to end the corrupt merger between state and corporate power that has ruined our economy, shattered the middle class, polluted our landscapes and waters, poisoned our children, and robbed us of our values and freedoms. Together we can restore America’s democracy.”

Currently, Kennedy’s campaign site reinforces that message:
Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. has spent his life fighting for American democracy and the liberties guaranteed by the Constitution. He has battled against corporate greed and government corruption to protect our children, our health, our livelihoods, our environment, and above all, our freedom.

With integrity, courage, and self-sacrifice, he has led Americans in an ennobling fight to restore our country as the exemplary nation, and to end the toxic polarization that divides us and enriches the elites.

His steely character and unique history fighting crooked bureaucracies make Bobby the only person who can bridge the divide and fix our country.

My thoughts: Robert Kennedy is what "liberal" used to mean, like "liberty" and freedom, and not one of the modern "liberals" of today that are shills for the authoritarian establishment that have taken our rights away and want to send us off to war.
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."