The Sociology of Team Loyalty

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Re: The Sociology of Team Loyalty

Post by steve-in-kville »

Grace wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:06 pm His reply was, “because they pay no taxes”. Well, needless to say he got some additional education added to the rest of his education. I smiled graciously and kindly told him they do pay all the taxes as everyone else.

A little off topic, so carry on.
I could retire today if I had a dollar every time I was asked if it was true that the Amish don't pay taxes and/or mennonite women don't wear underwear (not making that up, must be this area :o ).
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

steve-in-kville wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:38 am
Grace wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:06 pm His reply was, “because they pay no taxes”. Well, needless to say he got some additional education added to the rest of his education. I smiled graciously and kindly told him they do pay all the taxes as everyone else.

I could retire today if I had a dollar every time I was asked if it was true that the Amish don't pay taxes and/or mennonite women don't wear underwear (not making that up, must be this area :o ).
That’s quite a question to ask someone.

You could refer them to neighbourhood clotheslines on Monday which remove all doubt about what folks are wearing or not wearing.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:04 pm

You could refer them to neighbourhood clotheslines on Monday which remove all doubt about what folks are wearing or not wearing.
Only what they aren’t wearing. Might be the origin of the rumor. :idea:
0 x
steve-in-kville
Affiliation: Hippie Anabaptist

Post by steve-in-kville »

Josh wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:04 pm

According to my wife, even on the sunniest of days, that stuff gets dried in the dryer. And you're right, that is quite the question :o
0 x
I self-identify as a conspiracy theorist. My pronouns are told/you/so.

Owner/admin at https://milepost81.com/
For parents, railfans, and much more!