Is Trump getting arrested on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.

When will Trump get arrested?

Wednesday
No votes
Friday
No votes
Saturday
No votes
Sunday
No votes
Monday
No votes
One of the T days
8%
Probably Never
42%
A new day of the week will need to be added for that specific reason
33%
Other
17%

Total votes: 12

JimFoxvog
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Is Trump getting arrested on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday?

Post by JimFoxvog »

Well, the person who chose "One of the t days" was correct if "arrest" is broadly construed to mean indictment. His lawyers have said he will appear in court voluntarily, so I think that means he won't be arrested on these charges.

I'm happy they dared to do this and I hope other jurisdictions will have the guts to follow the precedent.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

JimFoxvog wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm Well, the person who chose "One of the t days" was correct if "arrest" is broadly construed to mean indictment. His lawyers have said he will appear in court voluntarily, so I think that means he won't be arrested on these charges.

I'm happy they dared to do this and I hope other jurisdictions will have the guts to follow the precedent.
Well there are a lot of Democrats that are against this (dirty politics) and upset about it however his poll numbers went up. I guess he could use his mug shot for his campaign.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Oh wow, just learned this happened. Huh. This will suck all the oxygen out of the news for quite a while.
0 x
JimFoxvog

Post by JimFoxvog »

Valerie wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:32 pm Well there are a lot of Democrats that are against this (dirty politics) and upset about it however his poll numbers went up. I guess he could use his mug shot for his campaign.
Michael Cohen went to prison for his part of this, and if it is proven that he was doing so at the request of Trump and Trump paid him for it, then shouldn't Trump have the same penalty? How is that "dirty politics"?
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:11 pm Well, the person who chose "One of the t days" was correct if "arrest" is broadly construed to mean indictment. His lawyers have said he will appear in court voluntarily, so I think that means he won't be arrested on these charges.

I don’t think putting the Bushes, Clinton, and Obama in prison would be a good thing. (They are guilty of grievous war crimes, to start, not to mention many other things.)

The judiciary should not be politicised, but here we are.
0 x
JimFoxvog

Post by JimFoxvog »

I wish the world's leaders would all be subject to the International Criminal Court for war crimes. Maybe it would reduce them.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

JimFoxvog wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:04 am I wish the world's leaders would all be subject to the International Criminal Court for war crimes. Maybe it would reduce them.
And who would lead the ICC? It would become politically very contentious and end up dealing with corruption. Then who would try ICC leaders for crimes? And who would they be accountable to?
0 x