2024 Campaign+Election Miscellany

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: 2024 Campaign+Election Miscellany

Post by temporal1 »

DNC - ?

RFK JR / https://www.reuters.com/world/us/robert ... 023-09-29/
CORNEL WEST / https://www.motherjones.com/politics/20 ... -radicals/

Doc Rich / They Won't Like This!
RFK Jr Taking Down The DNC With His Latest Move To Run Independent / -17min
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Kind of ridiculous the Republican establishment won't let someone like Larry Elder at the debates. Particularly when they're all griping about how bad Trump is.

Someone like Elder represents a threat to the establishment.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:28 pm Kind of ridiculous the Republican establishment won't let someone like Larry Elder at the debates.
Particularly when they're all griping about how bad Trump is.

In these times, with whichever “established” party, those who are pushed aside deserve extra attention.
It’s been worsening each election, as the established attempt any lengths to control outcomes. RFK Jr has plenty to say on it.

i wish Larry Elder were gov of CA right now!
He has interesting words about how his campaign and the results went about.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Josh

Post by Josh »

If Elder were governor, there might not be massive organised crime rings that are forcing grocery stores, drugstores, and other types of stores to close across the state, leaving millions of people with no access to fresh food or other needed goods.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:28 pm Kind of ridiculous the Republican establishment won't let someone like Larry Elder at the debates. Particularly when they're all griping about how bad Trump is.

The GOP establishment has nothing to do with it. All the candidates play by the same rules and have to demonstrate minimum fundraising and polling results. Otherwise you have a pointless debate stage with 500 random candidates.

It isn’t the GOP establishment who is rejecting Elder, it is the GOP electorate who is showing no interest in him. And why would they? He’s never so much as held the public position of dog catcher. Nor has ever he managed anything larger than a food cart. He has zero relevant experience to be the chief executive of a nation of 330 million.

In any event, why do you care in the slightest about Elder if you aren’t a Republican and don’t vote?
2 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Josh

Post by Josh »

Ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:48 am
Josh wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:28 pm Kind of ridiculous the Republican establishment won't let someone like Larry Elder at the debates. Particularly when they're all griping about how bad Trump is.

The GOP establishment has nothing to do with it. All the candidates play by the same rules and have to demonstrate minimum fundraising and polling results. Otherwise you have a pointless debate stage with 500 random candidates.

It isn’t the GOP establishment who is rejecting Elder, it is the GOP electorate who is showing no interest in him. And why would they? He’s never so much as held the public position of dog catcher. Nor has ever he managed anything larger than a food cart. He has zero relevant experience to be the chief executive of a nation of 330 million.

In any event, why do you care in the slightest about Elder if you aren’t a Republican and don’t vote?
He had a good message and seemed to have a lot of integrity which a what I think we need in the public sphere - regardless of whether Republican or Democrat.

Not being a career politician sounds good to me too. And I think people who run food carts know quite a bit actually.
1 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Josh wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:34 am
Ken wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:48 am

He had a good message and seemed to have a lot of integrity which a what I think we need in the public sphere - regardless of whether Republican or Democrat.

Not being a career politician sounds good to me too. And I think people who run food carts know quite a bit actually.
No one is preventing Elder from running for president. Anyone who meets the minimum qualifications is free to run.

But there are, in fact, additional qualifying criteria to:

1. Enter into nationally televised debates as there is limited debate stage and limited time, and
2. Get on the ballot on various states.

If those restrictions did not exist, debates would be impossible to even hold because they would be flooded by people just wanting to be on national TV. And primary ballots would be 20 pages long

The US presidency is one of the highest offices on the planet. The fact that there are hurdles to step over in route to winning the job is a feature, not a bug. And in this case we are talking about the RNC which is frankly free to do what it wants.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

^^This reflects not listening to what Larry Elder (and RFK Jr) have described in public about their experiences.
Neither expects fair treatment. The public has the option to learn what it can outside what it’s fed (by those with vested interests).
0 x

UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:25 pm ^^This reflects not listening to what Larry Elder (and RFK Jr) have described in public about their experiences.
Neither expects fair treatment. The public has the option to learn what it can outside what it’s fed (by those with vested interests).
As for RFK Jr. His claims about mistreatment at the hands of the DNC have all been proven to be lies. Which is not surprising I guess as his entire schtick is lying about vaccines. Here the Washington Post goes through his claims one by one and shows them all to be false: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... y-primary/

RFK Jr.'s big problem is that he is far more popular with Republicans than Democrats. Most of his fundraising support and polling support is from Republicans not Democrats. So the best way he can help the Democratic Party is to run as an Independent where he is likely to siphon off far more votes from Trump than he would from Biden.

As for Larry Elder? The problem he faces is the toxic influence that is Trump and Trumpism. Here are Trump campaign promoting Trump's new message that Republicans shouldn't even hold debates. Apparently they should just anoint Trump or some such? Next I suppose they will tell us that primaries aren't necessary either. And then elections in general.

0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Lots has happened, not much change has happened.

Larry Elder is no longer running for POTUS. In my view, a good possibility for VPOTUS.
i still like Kristi Noem as possible VPOTUS.

Nikki Haley .. ?
viewtopic.php?t=6320
i now see NH as AMBITION PERSONIFIED, with record to support it. (her abrupt move to Boeing smacked of it.)
CAREER POLITICIAN. uniparty, etc. imho.

VPOTUS is an interesting position. i think success requires DISCRETION, above all. Not everyone can deal with that.
Example: Sarah Palin couldn’t restrain herself from wanting to be THE STAR. Not a good VP quality. :shock:
Mike Pence was ideal as VP. Understated, distinguished. Until his crash landing.

2024 is about VPs. In my estimation.
0 x

UNKNOWN