2024 Campaign+Election Miscellany

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

2024 Campaign+Election Miscellany

Post by temporal1 »

It’s early. It’s begun.

Nov 15 2022: Trump announced his intentions last year. :mrgreen:
i’m not at all bothered by a second Trump presidency. He’s not the only good possibility.

Today: Nikki Haley :)

Ben Shapiro / “The View FREAKS OUT over Nikki Haley 2024 Bid” / -14min
Description:
Nikki Haley has officially announced that she is running for president in 2024.
She's starting out with some decent polling numbers, but the media is not happy about it.
Fwiw, Ben S is not a fan of DJT. He seems to favor Ron Desantis so far? If it matters.

About The View: i don’t. never have. gross. :roll:

Personally, i favor Kristi Noem, Governor, SD. i’m far from decided. i’m not in a hurry.
She has not hinted at interest in 2024.

This topic is not intended to be limited to conservatives. MISCELLANY: We’ll see what unfolds. :arrow:

This is not one of those annoying topics asking for “good things.” :lol:
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: 2024 Campaign+Election Miscellany

Post by Josh »

Most of the establishment "right wing" is pushing hard for DeSantis (since he's the perfect example of an empty-suit donor class establishment politician) over Trump. Nimrata Randhawa-Haley would be another example of the kind of empty-shell that the donor class absolutely loves: either of these candidates will continue the wholesale excavation of America into continuing to let big business strip-mine the country of anything left of value and make sure all of that wealth continues to accrue to the top 0.1%.
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:37 pm Today: Nikki Haley :)
She has done well as governor and as ambassador to the UN. I like her, as far as I know her.

Josh, what exactly bothers you about her record or things she has said? You have strong words, but you haven't said anything specific.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:00 pm Most of the establishment "right wing" is pushing hard for DeSantis (since he's the perfect example of an empty-suit donor class establishment politician) over Trump.
He seems to be the choice for the "Trumpism without Trump" crowd.
1 x
Ken
Affiliation: former MCUSA

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:33 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:37 pm Today: Nikki Haley :)
She has done well as governor and as ambassador to the UN. I like her, as far as I know her.

Josh, what exactly bothers you about her record or things she has said? You have strong words, but you haven't said anything specific.
We could ask you the same thing. What meritorious things do you think she has done as governor or UN ambassador that would make you like her?
0 x
A fool can throw out more questions than a wise man can answer. -RZehr
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Ken wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:44 pm We could ask you the same thing. What meritorious things do you think she has done as governor or UN ambassador that would make you like her?
When Dylan Roof shot people at a black church in South Carolina, she handled it very well. That's really the first time that she came to my attention. I think she has been strong on the position that she is the governor for all Americans who lived in her state.

She also seems intelligent and articulate. She has been willing to make some risky decisions, such as taking down the Confederate flag from the Capitol building in South Carolina, a Deep South state, because of its meaning to many black people who live in the state, especially after the Dylan Roof shooting.
0 x
Ken

Post by Ken »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:58 pm
Ken wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:44 pm We could ask you the same thing. What meritorious things do you think she has done as governor or UN ambassador that would make you like her?
When Dylan Roof shot people at a black church in South Carolina, she handled it very well. That's really the first time that she came to my attention. I think she has been strong on the position that she is the governor for all Americans who lived in her state.

She also seems intelligent and articulate. She has been willing to make some risky decisions, such as taking down the Confederate flag from the Capitol building in South Carolina, a Deep South state, because of its meaning to many black people who live in the state, especially after the Dylan Roof shooting.
She hasn’t impressed me so far with her start. If she is no different from Trump, why not vote for the real thing?

0 x
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Josh wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:00 pm Most of the establishment "right wing" is pushing hard for DeSantis (since he's the perfect example of an empty-suit donor class establishment politician) over Trump. Nimrata Randhawa-Haley would be another example of the kind of empty-shell that the donor class absolutely loves: either of these candidates will continue the wholesale excavation of America into continuing to let big business strip-mine the country of anything left of value and make sure all of that wealth continues to accrue to the top 0.1%.
you may be correct, or moreso than not.
do you have thoughts on Kristi Noem? - not an msm darling.

Tulsi Gabbard?
Kyrsten Synema?
Larry Elder?

none of these have announced. msm loves to ignore each one.

Tulsi+Kyrsten are interesting in that, like DJT, they left the DNC. (not that either is RNC, yet, anyway.)
There are 3rd parties. i believe Larry Elder is Libertarian.
Last edited by temporal1 on Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
Ken

Post by Ken »

temporal1 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 6:55 pm
Josh wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 4:00 pm Most of the establishment "right wing" is pushing hard for DeSantis (since he's the perfect example of an empty-suit donor class establishment politician) over Trump. Nimrata Randhawa-Haley would be another example of the kind of empty-shell that the donor class absolutely loves: either of these candidates will continue the wholesale excavation of America into continuing to let big business strip-mine the country of anything left of value and make sure all of that wealth continues to accrue to the top 0.1%.
you may be correct, or moreso than not.
do you have thoughts on Kristi Noem? - not an msm darling.

Tulsi Gabbard?
Kyrsten Synema?
Larry Elder?

none of these have announced. msm loves to ignore each one.

Tulsi+Kyrsten are interesting in that, like DJT, they left the DNC. (not that either is RNC, yet, anyway.)
There are 3rd parties. i believe Larry Elder is Libertarian.
Kyrsten Sinema is a pro-Choice openly LGBT Senator. I don't see what appeal she would have with Republican primary voters. She will almost certainly not win re-election in her own state. I can't imagine what sort of national appeal she would have.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:33 pmShe has done well as governor and as ambassador to the UN. I like her, as far as I know her.

Completely beholden to big business and the establishment. (Granted, this is a complaint that could be levied at a lot of Republicans.) But some like DeSantis and "Haley" are particularly egregious. There's not really any "there" there.
0 x