Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Re: Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign

Post by Szdfan »

RZehr wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:29 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am
Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:08 am So this is the place to say things like, "all praise and Glory to Donald Trump, his enemies are our enemies, his kingdom is our kingdom, only he can save us - may he be exalted and may his horn be raised".

Instead of doing that in every thread.
This isn't the only thread explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread.
It’s not? What other thread is “ explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread”?
This thread, which gets policed for anything remotely critical of Trump by people who are not admins.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1343
1 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Post by temporal1 »

Page 4:
temporal1 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:54 pm Page 2:
Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:40 am So this thread is a thread for promoting Trump's 2024 campaign? And it is protected from criticism? On a Mennonite site?
Please revisit the OP. Special emphasis on THE SPIRIT of RZehr’s earlier topic.
Last time i checked, RZehr was an unrepenant undisputed Mennonite.

Does your mileage vary?
Are all discussion forums plagued with poor reading comprehension skills? (i have no idea.)

Some posts in RZehr’s thread were moved to bunny trails/briar patch, which skews what was actually posted.
Only admin/mods can move posts. Typically done without noting the move.

(i think) it’s pretty disgusting to make the leap that RZehr (or i) initiated anything remotely “all hail” content.
It requires READING, rather than knee-jerk judgments. (i think) RZehr was pretty clear about his intent, my intent was to continue in that vein.
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Page 2:
Robert wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:34 pm Some of you just have no self control and can't help yourselves.
0 x

UNKNOWN
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Szdfan wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 12:13 am
RZehr wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:29 pm
Szdfan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am
This isn't the only thread explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread.
It’s not? What other thread is “ explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread”?
This thread, which gets policed for anything remotely critical of Trump by people who are not admins.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1343
Ah. Yes. Here is the OP of that thread, from about a year and a half into his term, long before he actually accomplished anything.
RZehr wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.
I also hear people allude that there are things they like.
What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? Especially things that you think may be unique to this administration vs other Republicans.
I am currently overseas and was asked by a taxi driver this question.
Can you explain how asking for specific things that he and his administration did, is for you, the same thing as “an explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread”?

And is it fair to say that we also have explicitly designated “all-hail Biden” threads too? Ones that actually do in the OP say “ Remember, only good things you appreciate, no listing his faults, sins, crimes, or poor decisions etc.”?

Maybe like this one, here?
RZehr viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3638&hilit=Good+things+about+Biden

We had an exact same thread to say things we liked about the Trump Presidency. Here is what that OP said it the Trump thread:
I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.
What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? Especially things that you think may be unique to this administration vs other Republicans.
Let’s use this thread to do the same with Biden. Remember, only good things you appreciate, no listing his faults, sins, crimes, or poor decisions etc.
1 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:40 am So this thread is a thread for promoting Trump's 2024 campaign? And it is protected from criticism? On a Mennonite site?

Does your mileage vary?
Oh dear. I have repented. I will again.

As for undisputed Mennonite, that too has been disputed by some. Unfoundedly so, in my opinion, but nonetheless…
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

RZehr wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:16 am

Does your mileage vary?
Oh dear. I have repented. I will again.

As for undisputed Mennonite, that too has been disputed by some. Unfoundedly so, in my opinion, but nonetheless…
I rather like RZehr's posts here. And I liked what he said in the original post:
RZehr wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.

What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? ..

Threads that promote Trump often talk mostly about "the other side", not specific policies or virtues that he has. I rarely here people talk about Trump's clear understanding of foreign policy, respect for the Constitution, honesty, ability to work well with others across the aisle, respect for the law, etc.

That's different from the way people talk about other politicians they like.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pm I see no one here taking offense at people criticizing Trump. Pointing out facts about the past administration and about the current administration is not taking sides. Unless, of course, someone doesn't want to hear any criticism about the current president and wants to only criticism the past president.
But a Good Things Trump thread is not supposed to be about that. It's supposed to be a place to say specific, good things, about Trump. You are criticizing Biden in plenty of other threads, and criticizing those who dislike Trump in plenty of other threads.

That's not what a "Good Things" thread is supposed to be for.
Grace wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:52 pmPersonally I am so tired of hearing about Trump. I highly doubt he will be the next president. Tucker asked him Wednesday night, if he doesn't fear for his life. This is just a prediction, but if the deep state can't beat him, by booking him, and sending him to prison, he will die under suspicious circumstances. Just my thoughts, and I hope I am wrong.
I imagine a "Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign" thread is all about hoping that Trump will be reelected, promoting his candidacy. I can't explain the title any other way. I don't think there has ever been a thread like that for any other candidate on MN. It's probably not a thread to promote if you are tired of hearing about Trump.

I guess support for Trump and belief in deep state conspiracy theories are closely linked. Maybe that's why a "Good Things" thread about Trump often turns into attacks on the courts, law enforcement, the courts, Republicans who dislike Trump, Democrats, the media, etc. But at that point, it's really not a "Good Things" thread.

America is not Russia. Perezhogin marched on Moscow and was assassinated. I doubt that Trump will die under suspicious circumstances unless some crazy guy with a gun gets to him. That happens way too often in America, but Trump is protected by the Secret Service.

Trump is now on trial in a handful of courts. He managed to slow things way down with his armies of lawyers, but he is going to be front page news for much of the election season, even if you and I are tired of hearing about Trump. The media is saying a LOT more about him than any other Republican candidate.

But that isn't what a Good Things thread is supposed to be for either.
1 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

=Bootstrap post_id=202725 time=1693050568 user_id=67]

But a Good Things Trump thread is not supposed to be about that. It's supposed to be a place to say specific, good things, about Trump. You are criticizing Biden in plenty of other threads, and criticizing those who dislike Trump in plenty of other threads.

I am confused, are we talking about this thread or other threads? I didn't know that the discussion goal of this thread, applies to other threads as well. Am I being criticized for pointing out facts about the Biden's in other threads? Is pointing out facts about the Biden's off limits in every thread?

BTW, in the last sentence, I attempt to not criticize people who dislike Trump, but attempt to stick to facts. As far as I know pointing out the facts about the Biden family is not off limits in any threads.

My philosophy is that "what is good for the goose is good for the gander" . Both Trump and Biden have lots of unsavory baggage with their deeds and actions. Why is it okay to have a daily drumbeat about one and never mention the other, without people getting defensive.

I imagine a "Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign" thread is all about hoping that Trump will be reelected, promoting his candidacy. I can't explain the title any other way. I don't think there has ever been a thread like that for any other candidate on MN. It's probably not a thread to promote if you are tired of hearing about Trump.
I don't think this thread is promoting a candidacy. And if if it did, so what.
I guess support for Trump and belief in deep state conspiracy theories are closely linked. Maybe that's why a "Good Things" thread about Trump often turns into attacks on the courts, law enforcement, the courts, Republicans who dislike Trump, Democrats, the media, etc. But at that point, it's really not a "Good Things" thread.
I most have missed those attacks on courts, law enforcement Republicans who dislike Trump, Democrats and the media, in this thread. I will go back and reread the whole thread.
Trump is now on trial in a handful of courts. He managed to slow things way down with his armies of lawyers, but he is going to be front page news for much of the election season, even if you and I are tired of hearing about Trump. The media is saying a LOT more about him than any other Republican candidate.

But that isn't what a Good Things thread is supposed to be for either.
You are right about that.
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:36 am
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:49 am But a Good Things Trump thread is not supposed to be about that. It's supposed to be a place to say specific, good things, about Trump. You are criticizing Biden in plenty of other threads, and criticizing those who dislike Trump in plenty of other threads.

I am confused, are we talking about this thread or other threads?
In this thread, I was very much talking about this thread. I thought RZehr's guidelines were helpful:

What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? ..
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Page 2:
i’ve been away a lot, returning to find lots of off-topic entries in this thread was disappointing.
i believe it’s due to not reading for content, then writing whatever comes to mind.

admin/mods,
if you will, please move the posts following boot’s page 2 assessment of the intent of this topic to Bunny Trails.
his assessment was mistaken, i was not present to clarify.

SUBJECT LINE:
Good things Trump: 2024 General Election CAMPAIGN

This topic is intended to note anything positive that might result from DJT’s current election CAMPAIGN, if any such thing can be found. In the spirit of RZehr’s earlier topic:

A Christian attempt at being gracious toward a contentious sinner. ✝️

RZehr (and a number of CM forum members) are reliable believers and leaders of Christian life, Mennonite life.
They make the forum worthwhile. Excellent readers+writers, too. :wave:
Read with discernment to be edified. And blessed.
0 x

UNKNOWN