Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Re: Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:40 am So this thread is a thread for promoting Trump's 2024 campaign? And it is protected from criticism? On a Mennonite site?
Well, "Mennonite" includes people who are not aloof from politics, such as my brethren (or cousins, I should say) in the Ohio Conference.

It does seem nice to confine praise for Trump's campaign to a single thread instead of talk either for or against Trump infesting every other thread on MN.
1 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

Josh wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:03 am
Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:40 am So this thread is a thread for promoting Trump's 2024 campaign? And it is protected from criticism? On a Mennonite site?
Well, "Mennonite" includes people who are not aloof from politics, such as my brethren (or cousins, I should say) in the Ohio Conference.

It does seem nice to confine praise for Trump's campaign to a single thread instead of talk either for or against Trump infesting every other thread on MN.
So this is the place to say things like, "all praise and Glory to Donald Trump, his enemies are our enemies, his kingdom is our kingdom, only he can save us - may he be exalted and may his horn be raised".

Instead of doing that in every thread.

Or perhaps, it could be used to say specific things about Donald Trump himself that are actually good and actually true? And perhaps, instead of simply promoting campaign materials, people could say, in their own words, what they like about him and how they know that it is true of him? So that some level of actually thinking is involved rather than turning this into a direct dump for campaigns?

And perhaps "good things" threads should not be used to say bad things about other people, insisting that those claims not be contradicted?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:21 am I had no desire to post here, but this visit deserves it.

I agree. That's a good thing.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Josh

Post by Josh »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:08 am So this is the place to say things like, "all praise and Glory to Donald Trump, his enemies are our enemies, his kingdom is our kingdom, only he can save us - may he be exalted and may his horn be raised".
Yes, I wish Christians (including some Anabaptists) would stop doing this. But they aren’t very interested in listening to me.
It would be an improvement, particularly for people who aren’t Anabaptists and feel it’s consistent to post about such things with their faith, as we do have a few such people here.
Or perhaps, it could be used to say specific things about Donald Trump himself that are actually good and actually true? And perhaps, instead of simply promoting campaign materials, people could say, in their own words, what they like about him and how they know that it is true of him?

And perhaps "good things" threads should not be used to say bad things about other people, insisting that those claims not be contradicted?
Yes, all of that sounds like a good idea.
2 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

A good thing was that Donald Trump kept the nation out of wars and I suspect other nation's wars as well.
1 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Grace wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:55 pm A good thing was that Donald Trump kept the nation out of wars and I suspect other nation's wars as well.
Certainly. All those that said he would get us into a war were wrong.

I don't think to appreciate his work is deserving of what Boot is implying supporters are doing and the left had put his supporters in the position of defending him.
0 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Valerie wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:58 pm
Grace wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 1:55 pm A good thing was that Donald Trump kept the nation out of wars and I suspect other nation's wars as well.
Certainly. All those that said he would get us into a war were wrong.

I don't think to appreciate his work is deserving of what Boot is implying supporters are doing and the left had put his supporters in the position of defending him.
There are many things I don't appreciate about Donald Trump. I do not appreciate his big mouth bluster and his bully like tactics. However it was his brash, unpredictable leadership that kept Putin and other evil leaders at bay. He wasn't in China's back pocket and he didn't embolden Putin's attack of death and destruction in Ukraine.

And even though I don't appreciate many of Trump's tactics, I do appreciate his pro-life stance, his keeping the nation out of war, his keeping illegal human and sex trafficking low at our southern border. Stereotyping and denigrating many of Trump's supporters who are pro-life and anti human trafficking as some sort of cult, is surprising. It is true that a very small percentage of Trump supporters did act out horribly on Jan. 6, which was unconscionable, but there are more who were appalled at the actions on Jan. 6. Yet they are categorized as belonging to a cult that bows down to Donald Trump, when that is so far from the truth.

And a few other good things we had during the Trump administration. We had 1.4 % inflation, energy independence, record low gas and grocery prices, rebuilt military, no supply chain issues, no wars, low illegals invading our borders, low housing costs, etc. How things have changed.
1 x
Szdfan
Affiliation: MCUSA

Post by Szdfan »

Bootstrap wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:08 am So this is the place to say things like, "all praise and Glory to Donald Trump, his enemies are our enemies, his kingdom is our kingdom, only he can save us - may he be exalted and may his horn be raised".

This isn't the only thread explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread.
0 x
“It’s easy to make everything a conspiracy when you don’t know how anything works.” — Brandon L. Bradford
Josh

Post by Josh »

I thought this thread was for the 2024 General Election though… has it even started? I am puzzled of any good things to say about the 2024 General for either candidate.
1 x
Grace

Post by Grace »

Szdfan wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am

This isn't the only thread explicitly designated an "all-hail Trump" thread.
So pointing out that there is a past leader that DOES NOT promote brutally killing babies up until birth, didn’t embolden an evil dictator to move into a country causing horrendous death and destruction, who curbed human and sex trafficking, is somehow “hailing” a person? How sad. But I get it. If you aren't trashing the former president, you are "hailing" him.
1 x