Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign

Post by temporal1 »

boot:
In this thread, I was very much talking about this thread. I thought RZehr's guidelines were helpful:
Great! :dance:
If you’d read the OP, this thread was directly INSPIRED by RZehr’s earlier thread. That was The Hope.

If mods will move off-topic posts, on-topic discussion might have a chance.
It’s early in 2024 CAMPAIGN days, so, time is not a problem.
SUBJECT LINE:
Good things Trump: 2024 General Election CAMPAIGN

This topic is intended to note anything positive that might result from DJT’s current election CAMPAIGN, if any such thing can be found. In the spirit of RZehr’s earlier topic:

A Christian attempt at being gracious toward a contentious sinner. ✝️
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
justme
Affiliation: hermit

Post by justme »

would you just stop it.
4 x
Anything seems possible if you don't know what you are talking about. fb meme
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

justme wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:21 am would you just stop it.
feel better?
0 x

UNKNOWN
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:49 am I imagine a "Good things Trump: 2024 General Election Campaign" thread is all about hoping that Trump will be reelected, promoting his candidacy. I can't explain the title any other way. I don't think there has ever been a thread like that for any other candidate on MN.
Maybe not on MN. But back on MD, LC was fond of starting multiple threads promoting his favored candidate, with titles differing only by punctuation. I found it amusing to post to those threads sequentially so they appeared in the list like so:
Ron Paul for President!
Ron Paul for President!!
Ron Paul for President!!!

I guess we could start a bunch of new topics, which might turn out to be very popular:
Bad Things About Trump
Bad Things About Biden
Bad Things About "Good Things About ..." Threads

I'm not sure why we have a General Election thread about Trump when we're not even into the primary season yet. But whatever. It's the Politics forum. Let the dumpster fires rage.
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

i have ZERO idea if this is positive or negative .. in my view, it’s more “everyman” response .. people who vote.
i won’t begin to suggest i understand everything Doc Rich is saying about this. i don’t often hear rap music.
Doc sounds pretty happy about it. :lol:

i guess this new rap song counts as part of Trump’s 2024 campaign?? .. :? :arrow:

2022:
temporal1 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:14 am Some “everyman” conservative opinions:

Doc Rich - Candace Owens / The Left Is Melting / -18min
https://m.youtube
2023:
Doc Rich / “Trump Made A Song! Black Trump Supporters Come Out In Force To Show Support!” / -18min

Everyone has their own opinion. The U.S. is a diverse country. More diverse than msm wants.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

Yesterday a customer at work was talking to his cashier (they knew each other) about Trump. I knew this customer was a supporter as I've seen his car stickers. He was telling her it was Trump that had caused him to leave the Democrat party. He had voted & supported Obama. Yet he said it was Trump who opened his eyes to what was happening in & TO our country. These things had been concerns of those a long time that were paying attention. It is why many years ago had encouraged him to run. Anyway this 40ish yr old man switched due to Trump and hopes he can finish what he started. That is simply a representation of how many feel. My Dad on the other end of age spectrum had voted for Hilary but Trump won him over (he had always been Democrat) .

I don't know of one single person saying they were sorry for voting & supporting him. He would continue to do a good job if left alone
Josh mentioned how it seems these campaigns are never ending. Well consider since Day 1 of his office, they vowed to impeach him. So instead of 4 years free to do his remarkable job they made it a 4 year campaign against &replacing him & yes that makes campaigning never ending.
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Valerie wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:46 am
Yesterday a customer at work was talking to his cashier (they knew each other) about Trump. I knew this customer was a supporter as I've seen his car stickers. He was telling her it was Trump that had caused him to leave the Democrat party. He had voted & supported Obama. Yet he said it was Trump who opened his eyes to what was happening in & TO our country. These things had been concerns of those a long time that were paying attention. It is why many years ago had encouraged him to run. Anyway this 40ish yr old man switched due to Trump and hopes he can finish what he started. That is simply a representation of how many feel. My Dad on the other end of age spectrum had voted for Hilary but Trump won him over (he had always been Democrat) .

I don't know of one single person saying they were sorry for voting & supporting him. :)

He would continue to do a good job if left alone
Josh mentioned how it seems these campaigns are never ending.

Well consider since Day 1 of his office, they vowed to impeach him.
So instead of 4 years free to do his remarkable job they made it a 4 year campaign against &replacing him & yes that makes campaigning never ending.
Valerie:
I don't know of one single person saying they were sorry for voting & supporting him. :)
Interesting. i don’t interact with anywhere near the numbers of people you do, but i would guess this is true. Unlike MANY who regretted voting for obama. And W, too. biden? :lol:

Also interesting how you and Grace and i generally agree on most things on this topic, altho we don’t know each other IRL, have very different lives, live in different locations. And are female. Defies a lot of reported stats?

i’m not at all bothered by another Trump term. There are competent others.
Anyone believing “peace” would come if another is elected is not “reading the map” well. Trump has a thicker skin than most.
‘Way thicker. His Hebrides ancestry?

imho, strange as it seems, Trump is owed a debt of gratitude for slowing the dedicated march to iniquity.

Another 4 years would help, but it will take sustained effort of many for time to come to “finish the job.”
Following decades of incremental moral erosion, 4-8 years counts, but is not a full cure. (Unless, divine intervention.)

It is strange that such a sinner could represent such lofty goals. Not unheard of in world history or scriptures.
2 x

UNKNOWN
Jazman
Affiliation: Lanc Menno Conf

Post by Jazman »

Bootstrap wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:47 am
Grace wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:36 am
Bootstrap wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:49 am But a Good Things Trump thread is not supposed to be about that. It's supposed to be a place to say specific, good things, about Trump. You are criticizing Biden in plenty of other threads, and criticizing those who dislike Trump in plenty of other threads.

That's not what a "Good Things" thread is supposed to be for.
I am confused, are we talking about this thread or other threads?
In this thread, I was very much talking about this thread. I thought RZehr's guidelines were helpful:
RZehr wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm I’ve heard many people say specific things they don’t like, such as dishonesty, morals, etc.
I also hear people allude that there are things they like.

What are some of the specific things you like about Trump, or his policies, or his administration etc.? ..
Maybe... just maybe... there's so few "Good things" to say about Trump? (or anything new?) Maybe that's why this thread can't abide by its supposed rule; because it can't be done (at least not truthfully or with reality in mind); like I will never float up into the sky because of the truth of gravity...
Maybe... just maybe the story of this thread is the inherent futility of it? Like the futility of idol worship...
0 x
A history that looks back to a mythologized past as the country’s perfect time is a key tool of authoritarians. It allows them to characterize anyone who opposes them as an enemy of the country’s great destiny. - Heather Cox Richardson
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Jazman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:14 pm

Maybe... just maybe... there's so few "Good things" to say about Trump? (or anything new?) Maybe that's why this thread can't abide by its supposed rule; because it can't be done (at least not truthfully or with reality in mind); like I will never float up into the sky because of the truth of gravity...
Maybe... just maybe the story of this thread is the inherent futility of it? Like the futility of idol worship...
Under Trump we had 1.4 % inflation, energy independence, record low gas and grocery prices, low housing prices, lower crime, stronger military, no supply chain issues, no wars, low amount of illegal migrants coming across our borders, lower sex and human traffickers, etc. And we had a nasty, brash president, who didn't emboldened Putin when he removed sanctions on NS 2 or giving Putin the green light for a "minor incursion".
1 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Jazman wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:14 pm Maybe... just maybe... there's so few "Good things" to say about Trump? (or anything new?) Maybe that's why this thread can't abide by its supposed rule; because it can't be done (at least not truthfully or with reality in mind); like I will never float up into the sky because of the truth of gravity...
mesmerizing insights.
(altho not adding anything to RZehr’s initial 2018 OP.)

Do you have anything constructive* to add, or no? (A rhetorical question, if ever there was one.)

*regarding his 2024 CAMPAIGN. refer to subject line+OP.
lots of topics go with no response, at all. no response is “ok.” 8-)

Look: “Unanswered topics” :arrow:
search.php?search_id=unanswered&sid=c02 ... bbf361947c
0 x

UNKNOWN