Side thread: US-Canada Trade War

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Re: Side thread: US-Canada Trade War

Post by Bootstrap »

mike wrote:Well, in the spirit of trade wars, I must tell you that the Super Sharp Cheddar in the list is Canadian in origin and is $12.99 lb.
In the same spirit, I still long for the cheddar my parents bought when they wanted something expensive and special ...

http://www.cubacheese.com/CHEDDAR/departments/2/

Can you do better than that?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
appleman2006
Affiliation: Midwest Mennonite

Post by appleman2006 »

mike wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:I'd like the white cheddar, please, extra sharp. One of my favorite everyday cheeses.

I'd like a taste of the brick and the Parmesan and the goat ... I like them all, a lot, if they are really good.
Well, in the spirit of trade wars, I must tell you that the Super Sharp Cheddar in the list is Canadian in origin and is $12.99 lb.
Seriously? You are selling Canadian Cheddar? I find that really interesting. I am wondering what brand.

Yes I think what you call American we simply call processed cheese. And what you call Canadian bacon we call pea meal bacon. Go figure.
0 x
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

Bootstrap wrote:
mike wrote:Well, in the spirit of trade wars, I must tell you that the Super Sharp Cheddar in the list is Canadian in origin and is $12.99 lb.
In the same spirit, I still long for the cheddar my parents bought when they wanted something expensive and special ...

http://www.cubacheese.com/CHEDDAR/departments/2/

Can you do better than that?
That looks somewhat like the sharp white cheddar we sell which is Druck's brand. Their company story:
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

appleman2006 wrote:
mike wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:I'd like the white cheddar, please, extra sharp. One of my favorite everyday cheeses.

I'd like a taste of the brick and the Parmesan and the goat ... I like them all, a lot, if they are really good.
Well, in the spirit of trade wars, I must tell you that the Super Sharp Cheddar in the list is Canadian in origin and is $12.99 lb.
Seriously? You are selling Canadian Cheddar? I find that really interesting. I am wondering what brand.

Yes I think what you call American we simply call processed cheese. And what you call Canadian bacon we call pea meal bacon. Go figure.
Old Quebec. We don't sell lots of it, but it's the oldest cheddar we feature:
IMG_20170421_121324.jpg
IMG_20170421_121324.jpg (97.85 KiB) Viewed 350 times
Pea meal bacon? Say what?
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

Bootstrap wrote:This is a thread for less serious discussion of the US-Canada Trade War, for those who think this is at least a little funny.

I suggest we organize an event on the Rainbow Bridge where we throw eggs at each other. I suspect that's a more mature approach than some of our political leaders are taking - and better informed, too.
I plan on crossing the Peace bridge, just a few miles south of the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning on my way to the OBX. I will meet you there. You bring the cheese. I will bring the eggs. Can we have a food fight on the Peace Bridge?
0 x
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

mike wrote:
appleman2006 wrote:
mike wrote:

Old Quebec. We don't sell lots of it, but it's the oldest cheddar we feature:

IMG_20170421_121324.jpg
Interesting. That is actually not a bad price for old cheddar. I am going to have to check that out.
0 x
RZehr
Affiliation: Cons. Mennonite

Post by RZehr »

appleman2006 wrote:
Bootstrap wrote:This is a thread for less serious discussion of the US-Canada Trade War, for those who think this is at least a little funny.

I suggest we organize an event on the Rainbow Bridge where we throw eggs at each other. I suspect that's a more mature approach than some of our political leaders are taking - and better informed, too.
I plan on crossing the Peace bridge, just a few miles south of the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning on my way to the OBX. I will meet you there. You bring the cheese. I will bring the eggs. Can we have a food fight on the Peace Bridge?
No fighting over Peace.

I think this is really good - https://www.tillamook.com/products/chee ... eddar.html
0 x
Bootstrap
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Bootstrap »

appleman2006 wrote:I plan on crossing the Peace bridge, just a few miles south of the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning on my way to the OBX. I will meet you there. You bring the cheese. I will bring the eggs. Can we have a food fight on the Peace Bridge?
I'm bringing cheez-wiz. Does that count as chemical weapons?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
appleman2006

Post by appleman2006 »

Bootstrap wrote:
appleman2006 wrote:I plan on crossing the Peace bridge, just a few miles south of the Rainbow Bridge early Tuesday morning on my way to the OBX. I will meet you there. You bring the cheese. I will bring the eggs. Can we have a food fight on the Peace Bridge?
I'm bringing cheez-wiz. Does that count as chemical weapons?
Ok if we are into chemical weapons I am bring that yellow yuk they call eggs at the free breakfast you get at a two or three star restaurant.
0 x
ohio jones
Affiliation: Rosedale Network

Post by ohio jones »

mike wrote:They can throw us their superior eggs and we can throw them our superior cheese.
If it's a contest of Superiority, shouldn't it take place farther northwest, maybe at the bridge over the St. Mary's River, where we can peacefully asSault each other?
mike wrote:Here's a list of our deli case cheeses. Prices range from 3.09 for American to 15.79 for Goat cheese. :ugeek:

4-in-1 Cheese
{snip}
Yogurt, Original
You do, unlike some cheese shops, actually have all of those?
0 x
I grew up around Indiana, You grew up around Galilee; And if I ever really do grow up, I wanna grow up to be just like You -- Rich Mullins

I am a Christian and my name is Pilgram; I'm on a journey, but I'm not alone -- NewSong, slightly edited