FBI / Social media collusion with career politicians

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
temporal1
Affiliation: Christian other

Re: FBI / Social media collusion with career politicians

Post by temporal1 »

2022 / P.1:
Falco Underhill wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:52 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:37 pm ^^ To clarify, i’d never heard of CHD, i know little of this Kennedy (or others).

My interest in the above post is about questions of Big Tech/social media’s strong lib bias - in the U.S. and abroad.
Big money, big rules, big influence.

Which results in throwing elections - before they are held - in the U.S. and abroad.

The U.S. is sadly far removed from what was once HIGHLY valued,
“i may not agree with you, BUT, i will defend your right to disagree.” A great loss. :(
That was classical liberalism. What we have now is post-liberal progressivism, all very comfortably ensconced in our institutions. (Neomarxist in inspiration.). They no longer believe in the classical liberal order of things order of things. They're better than that. They've moved on. They're communists, basically.

Eyes wide shut.
2023 / U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty of Louisiana

AP NEWS / “Judge limits Biden administration in working with social media companies”
https://apnews.com/article/social-media ... 53fd333727

Anthony Brian Logan / “Federal Judge BLOCKS FBI From Contacting Social Media Over THIS!” / 14min
✏️ Description:
“Judge Terry A. Doughty has blocked certain parts of the Biden administration and certain Government agencies from contacting social media on concerns of issues of free speech”…
0 x
Most or all of this drama, humiliation, wasted taxpayer money could be spared -
with even modest attempt at presenting balanced facts from the start.

”We’re all just walking each other home.”
UNKNOWN
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

OPERATION MOCKINGBIRD

goodreads / The CIA's war on the mind and manipulation of the media (Operation Mockingbird)
https://www.goodreads.com/videos/99860- ... tion-mocki
These were declassified facts from Operation Mockingbird (the CIA's highly successful program to orchestrate media manipulation)
in the 1970s.
Just imagine what the CIA is up to now!

An everyday guy reacts:

VAN HALL, LFR Family / RFK Jr EXPOSES THE CIA! / 17min
0 x

UNKNOWN
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

temporal1 wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:02 pm 2022 / P.1:
Falco Underhill wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:52 pm
temporal1 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:37 pm ^^ To clarify, i’d never heard of CHD, i know little of this Kennedy (or others).

My interest in the above post is about questions of Big Tech/social media’s strong lib bias - in the U.S. and abroad.
Big money, big rules, big influence.

Which results in throwing elections - before they are held - in the U.S. and abroad.

The U.S. is sadly far removed from what was once HIGHLY valued,
“i may not agree with you, BUT, i will defend your right to disagree.” A great loss. :(
That was classical liberalism. What we have now is post-liberal progressivism, all very comfortably ensconced in our institutions. (Neomarxist in inspiration.). They no longer believe in the classical liberal order of things order of things. They're better than that. They've moved on. They're communists, basically.

Eyes wide shut.
2023 / U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty of Louisiana

AP NEWS / “Judge limits Biden administration in working with social media companies”
https://apnews.com/article/social-media ... 53fd333727

Anthony Brian Logan / “Federal Judge BLOCKS FBI From Contacting Social Media Over THIS!” / 14min
✏️ Description:
“Judge Terry A. Doughty has blocked certain parts of the Biden administration and certain Government agencies from contacting social media on concerns of issues of free speech”…
This is the case we began discussing on September 11, 2022.
I'd call it a win for free speech.
Falco Underhill wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:46 pm
2 x
Robert
Site Janitor
Affiliation: Anabaptist

Post by Robert »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-fbi-ag ... =102072843
One of the highest-ranking FBI officials ever criminally charged is expected to plead guilty next week in Manhattan federal court, according to a new court filing.

Charles McGonigal, the former head of counterintelligence for the FBI's New York field office, is scheduled for a "plea proceeding" Aug. 5, according to a judge’s order.

"The Court has been informed that Defendant Charles McGonigal may wish to enter a change of plea," the order said.

McGonigal was charged over his ties to Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire who has been sanctioned by the United States and criminally charged last year with violating those sanctions.
0 x
Try hard not to offend. Try harder not to be offended.
Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not after you.
I think I am funnier than I really am.
Grace
Affiliation: Mennonite

Post by Grace »

Robert wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:48 pm https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-fbi-ag ... =102072843
One of the highest-ranking FBI officials ever criminally charged is expected to plead guilty next week in Manhattan federal court, according to a new court filing.

Charles McGonigal, the former head of counterintelligence for the FBI's New York field office, is scheduled for a "plea proceeding" Aug. 5, according to a judge’s order.

"The Court has been informed that Defendant Charles McGonigal may wish to enter a change of plea," the order said.

McGonigal was charged over his ties to Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire who has been sanctioned by the United States and criminally charged last year with violating those sanctions.
McGonigal participated in investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 election. Wasn’t he part of FBI’s probe into Donald Trump’s campaign, on whether Trump colluded with Russia? So let me get this straight. A man who was part of an investigation whether Trump colluded with Russia, was himself colluding with Russia?
0 x
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Robert wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:48 pm McGonigal was charged over his ties to Oleg Deripaska, a Russian billionaire who has been sanctioned by the United States and criminally charged last year with violating those sanctions.
This guy:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/ ... ns-1108939
The House of Representatives voted overwhelmingly on Thursday to block the Trump administration from lifting sanctions on a Russian oligarch with deep ties to Vladimir Putin.

The effort, a joint resolution of disapproval, would overturn the Treasury Department’s December decision to ease sanctions on companies tied to Oleg Deripaska, who was sanctioned last year as part of a broader congressional push to punish Moscow for interfering in the 2016 presidential election.
So yes, if the FBI finds that one of its agents was working with him, he should be charged with a crime. Isn't that the right way for the FBI to handle this?
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
Bootstrap

Post by Bootstrap »

Grace wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 6:57 am McGonigal participated in investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 election. Wasn’t he part of FBI’s probe into Donald Trump’s campaign, on whether Trump colluded with Russia? So let me get this straight. A man who was part of an investigation whether Trump colluded with Russia, was himself colluding with Russia?
That's true.

But it doesn't invalidate the entire investigation. These things are not up to one person. And it doesn't explain why Trump insisted on dropping sanctions against Oleg Deripaska over the objections of Congress.

Google Oleg Deripaska Trump ties if you are curious.
0 x
Is it biblical? Is it Christlike? Is it loving? Is it true? How can I find out?
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

boot:
But it doesn't invalidate the entire investigation.
??
Does it or doesn’t it? You’re stating what you believe to be true and important.

MANY serious court cases are wholly dismissed based on technicalities, often that make no sense to laypersons.
i understand you to be a legal layperson, true of all active forum members. To date.

This opinion forum is made up of opinions, yours included.

It’s important not to take anything too seriously, no matter how convincingly it’s framed.
Opinions. Desires. Fantasies. Wishes.
0 x

UNKNOWN
Falco Knotwise
Affiliation: Roman Catholic

Post by Falco Knotwise »

5th Circuit finds Biden White House, CDC likely violated First Amendment
The judges wrote that the White House likely “coerced the platforms to make their moderation decisions by way of intimidating messages and threats of adverse consequences.” They also found the White House “significantly encouraged the platforms’ decisions by commandeering their decision-making processes, both in violation of the First Amendment.”

The decision is likely to have a wide-ranging impact on how the federal government communicates with the public and the social media companies about key public health issues and the 2024 elections.

The case is the most successful salvo to date in a growing conservative legal and political effort to limit coordination between the federal government and tech platforms.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... oderation/
0 x
temporal1

Post by temporal1 »

Falco Knotwise wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:42 am 5th Circuit finds Biden White House, CDC likely violated First Amendment .. ..
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technolo ... oderation/
^^paywall. try this:

USA TODAY / “Biden administration coerced social media giants into possible free speech violations: court”
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/20 ... 800723007/
The White House, health officials and the FBI may have violated the First Amendment rights of people posting about COVID-19
and elections on social media by pressuring technology companies to suppress or remove the posts,
a federal appeals court ruled late Friday.

The decision from the conservative 5th Circuit Court of Appeals partly upheld an order from a Louisiana federal judge that blocked
many federal agencies from having contact with companies like Facebook, YouTube and X, formerly Twitter, about content moderation.

But the 75-page opinion from three-judge panel also significantly narrowed the scope of the order that was a major victory for conservatives.

The Biden administration has 10 days to seek a Supreme Court review of the ruling. .. ..
.. Louisiana Attorney General Jeff Landry called Friday’s ruling a major win against censorship.

"This is a significant victory for the American people,” Landry said in a statement to USA TODAY.
“And it confirms what we have said from the very beginning:
the federal government is not permitted to engage in viewpoint suppression, no matter your political ideology.”
.. Missouri Attorney General Andrew Bailey posted on X:

“The Fifth Circuit has upheld the district court’s order in our free speech case, Missouri v. Biden,
enjoining the White House, Surgeon General, CDC, & FBI from violating the First Amendment rights of millions of Americans."

^^“UNANIMOUSLY” affirmed
1 x

UNKNOWN