Amish Salve-maker in Jail, Facing Federal Prison

Events occurring and how they relate/affect Anabaptist faith and culture.
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Re: Amish Salve-maker in Jail, Facing Federal Prison

Post by Valerie »

joshuabgood wrote:
Josh wrote:It's pretty close to lying to call baking soda to cure cancer a "natural medicine".

We as Christians have a duty to speak out against such deceptions. There is nothing traditional, natural, or effective about them. And if there were, don't you think Big Pharma would be bottling up baking soda and selling it for a high profit?
You put it well. It is seriously deluded. And more than a bit sad, to give people with cancer a very false hope in baking soda.
Except there are an abundance of testimonies- that is the only reason I would give it consideration myself if ever facing it, there are many many testimonies of it curing people- our friend would be dead had he not gone to Italy, and in 8 weeks, he was very inexpensively 'cured' and its been several years now- and he is doing very well. And so are others I have read about- why do you suppose they are not having the procedures here in the U.S.? Would they have started this much less expensive treatment, had they only read false statements? Who would be that stupid?

Apparently there was enough belief about it, as I shared the link above, where it is now being done at centers in the U.S.-
0 x
JohnHurt
Affiliation: Primitive Christian

Post by JohnHurt »

Valerie wrote:
Neither of the articles you shared were actually about THE Onocologist in Italy who has had more than one testimony of benefits- but he has suffered for the cause for sure:

http://althealthworks.com/7018/dr-simon ... odayelena/

Apparently it is being practiced in our country now (Arizona) and just read a few comments from people that it worked for:
https://natureworksbest.com/dr-tullio-s ... treatment/

Some people refuse to go the chemo/radiation route- for a variety of reasons-
Valerie,

Thanks for the links to Dr. Simoncini. I have studied him for quite some time. Cancer could indeed be a fungus. But if the cure to cancer was found in your own kitchen in a box of baking soda, it would be outlawed by Big Pharma and the FDA, because they could not make any money. But that a fungus is the root cause of cancer makes a LOT of sense.

Here is some other information:

Dr. William Courtney, and other doctors have found that a herbal remedy can cure many diseases:

Rick Simpson found this herbal remedy to cure cancer:

This is very close to the holy anointing oil of Exodus 30:23, where "calamus" is really the Hebrew word "Qaneh Bosm", which the Greeks transliterated into the word we know today. This oil, combined with myrrh and cinnamon, is a powerful essential oil for healing.

But this cure will not make money, so we won't be allowed to have it in my state, even if it is administered under a doctor's care, or with a doctor's prescription.

The real cure for cancer is to never get it in the first place. Tobacco, asbestos, and other chemicals have been proven to cause cancer. The liver and other organs that would cleanse us become toxic and overloaded with chemicals. This weakens our immune system so that cancer can develop, whatever its cause.

Corn and other vegetables you buy in the store have been genetically modified and sprayed with Roundup or other herbicides. You are eating glyphosates and other chemicals that have been sprayed on your food by Big Agriculture when you buy your food at Kroger. You really need to hoe your own garden to stay healthy.

The tap water you drink, with chlorine and fluoride added to it, puts these chemicals in your body. We drink distilled water only, that we harvest from rainwater, so we don't have these chemicals in our body.

We raise our own sheep and sometimes chickens to provide meat that is chemical and hormone free. We follow the dietary law of Leviticus 11, so no scavengers are part of our diet. Scavenger animals concentrate toxins as they move up the food chain. We only eat ruminants or fish that have fins and scales. Even then, whatever these supposedly "clean" animals eat, is what will also go into your body. And Big Agriculture will dump anything into a feed lot for animals. So we raise our own animals to control that they only eat fresh grass and healthy grains.

Not everyone can do all of this, but if you buy organic produce and organic meat at the store, you are really paying an insurance policy against cancer. People that live off TV dinners and junk food are playing with fire.

There is cause and effect for everything, and there is a cause for cancer, and there is a cure too.

But until we become responsible for ourselves, and personally look for the causes and the cures for disease, we won't be any healthier than anyone else.

Blessings to you in your studies. If you have any other information, I am interested.

And how anyone could be afraid or hurt by Chickweed Salve, that is beyond my understanding.

Simon Girod never put false ingredients in his products. Nor can it be proven that Chickweed salve does not cure skin cancer. What Simon did wrong, was to compete in a free marketplace of ideas. No one was injured. No one brought charges, except the FDA as a representative of Big Pharma.

Sometime look up the story of Royal Rife, and how he was silenced by Morris Fishbein of the AMA. A friend of my has used a Rife machine to cure his Lyme disease.

John
0 x
"He replaced the teachings of Christ with his own opinions, and gave us a religion based on the doctrines of men."
mike
Affiliation: Conservative Menno

Post by mike »

John,

It was not Chickweed salve which Girod claimed cured skin cancer, but his Tu-Mor-Gone salve.

I smiled at your objection to the baking soda cure - now that's truly cynical! :)
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Sure, people have the "right" to be deceived. And that's largely what both plain and evangelical Christianity does hook line and sinker. We get attracted to various fringe "alternative" movements pushed by frauds who have no interest in building Christ's kingdom.
0 x
mike

Post by mike »

By the way, I have three containers of Chickweed salve left in my store. Nobody answers the phone at the contact we had, so probably the last we'll ever see.
0 x
Remember the prisoners, as though you were in prison with them, and the mistreated, as though you yourselves were suffering bodily. -Heb. 13:3
Biblical Anabaptist
Affiliation: Unaffiliated Menno

Post by Biblical Anabaptist »

I recognize there is a lot of emotion on both sides of this issue. The word "cancer" strikes fear in the hearts of people and the painful treatments, which in many cases are only temporarily effective, cause folks to seek alternatives. From experience, I know how difficult it can be to make the decision whether to pursue treatment or what treatment to pursue. There will always be those who claim to have been cured by any one of a number of treatments.

In our case, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer in the early stages. She opted for a total mastectomy. She was referred to an oncologist. He insisted that she do chemotherapy even though the 10-year survival rate based on her age, type, and stage of cancer only increased from 79% to 81% with treatment vs non-treatment. We did not feel that those statistics warranted doing the treatment. We don't know what the future holds but we are now 6 years past that with no recurrence at this point. Later the surgeon told us that the type cancer she had would not have responded to chemo. I am told that doctors (J.M. could probably tell us if this is true) make a markup on chemo treatment.

I really suspect that when a "cure" is finally found for cancer it will be something relatively simple. I remember when folks had half of their stomach hacked out because they had stomach ulcers. When a cure was finally found it was a drug that was in every livestock farmers drug cabinet.
0 x
Valerie
Affiliation: non-denominational

Post by Valerie »

JohnHurt wrote:
Valerie wrote:
Neither of the articles you shared were actually about THE Onocologist in Italy who has had more than one testimony of benefits- but he has suffered for the cause for sure:

http://althealthworks.com/7018/dr-simon ... odayelena/

Apparently it is being practiced in our country now (Arizona) and just read a few comments from people that it worked for:
https://natureworksbest.com/dr-tullio-s ... treatment/

Some people refuse to go the chemo/radiation route- for a variety of reasons-
Valerie,

Thanks for the links to Dr. Simoncini. I have studied him for quite some time. Cancer could indeed be a fungus. But if the cure to cancer was found in your own kitchen in a box of baking soda, it would be outlawed by Big Pharma and the FDA, because they could not make any money. But that a fungus is the root cause of cancer makes a LOT of sense.

Here is some other information:

Dr. William Courtney, and other doctors have found that a herbal remedy can cure many diseases:

Rick Simpson found this herbal remedy to cure cancer:

This is very close to the holy anointing oil of Exodus 30:23, where "calamus" is really the Hebrew word "Qaneh Bosm", which the Greeks transliterated into the word we know today. This oil, combined with myrrh and cinnamon, is a powerful essential oil for healing.

But this cure will not make money, so we won't be allowed to have it in my state, even if it is administered under a doctor's care, or with a doctor's prescription.

The real cure for cancer is to never get it in the first place. Tobacco, asbestos, and other chemicals have been proven to cause cancer. The liver and other organs that would cleanse us become toxic and overloaded with chemicals. This weakens our immune system so that cancer can develop, whatever its cause.

Corn and other vegetables you buy in the store have been genetically modified and sprayed with Roundup or other herbicides. You are eating glyphosates and other chemicals that have been sprayed on your food by Big Agriculture when you buy your food at Kroger. You really need to hoe your own garden to stay healthy.

The tap water you drink, with chlorine and fluoride added to it, puts these chemicals in your body. We drink distilled water only, that we harvest from rainwater, so we don't have these chemicals in our body.

We raise our own sheep and sometimes chickens to provide meat that is chemical and hormone free. We follow the dietary law of Leviticus 11, so no scavengers are part of our diet. Scavenger animals concentrate toxins as they move up the food chain. We only eat ruminants or fish that have fins and scales. Even then, whatever these supposedly "clean" animals eat, is what will also go into your body. And Big Agriculture will dump anything into a feed lot for animals. So we raise our own animals to control that they only eat fresh grass and healthy grains.

Not everyone can do all of this, but if you buy organic produce and organic meat at the store, you are really paying an insurance policy against cancer. People that live off TV dinners and junk food are playing with fire.

There is cause and effect for everything, and there is a cause for cancer, and there is a cure too.

But until we become responsible for ourselves, and personally look for the causes and the cures for disease, we won't be any healthier than anyone else.

Blessings to you in your studies. If you have any other information, I am interested.

And how anyone could be afraid or hurt by Chickweed Salve, that is beyond my understanding.

Simon Girod never put false ingredients in his products. Nor can it be proven that Chickweed salve does not cure skin cancer. What Simon did wrong, was to compete in a free marketplace of ideas. No one was injured. No one brought charges, except the FDA as a representative of Big Pharma.

Sometime look up the story of Royal Rife, and how he was silenced by Morris Fishbein of the AMA. A friend of my has used a Rife machine to cure his Lyme disease.

John
Thank you John, your contributions and replies in posts always (as Boot pointed out before) convey of the fruit of the spirit I've come to appreciate even if our differences of doctrine can divide us-
By the way, regarding Mike's statement about you, I did not see you as 'cynical' because you don't seem to have those kinds of things in your heart- I got your point- and I didn't take it as 'anti' baking soda. I appreciate that you have studied the works of the Onocologist who treated patients with a 90% success rate which put up against chemo- I wonder who has a better testimony- let me just say too- as Biblical Anabaptist said when they were encouraged by a physician for chemo for his wife, only to find out later that chemo wouldn't even have worked on her type of breast cancer- so too- is baking soda treatment. It isn't for ALL cancers- and it isn't as simple as pulling it out of one's refrigerator-
Our friend who went to Italy and AGAIN this was his Onocologists IDEA and encouragement for him to do so (and his company even paid for him to go and do this! Somehow, they were convinced) for 8 weeks our friend was in the facility receiving the baking soda treatment through tubes that were in his body, going to the tumors in his colon that were told would take his life, and he was frequently shown some type of 'pictures' of the tumors shrinking more and more until they were completely gone- I don't know what to say other than his case was not 'unique', there was enough evidence for his Chicago Onocologist to believe in this method to advise him to go there-
Personally I do not spend a lot of time looking into all this- however shortly after our friend Ernie was diagnosed with colon cancer, we contacted our friend and he led us to the information on it and strongly believed our friend Ernie should do the same as he did- but Ernie went conventional chemo- he was so weak and sick he could no longer provide income for his family but thankfully Beachy's pitched in to help, raised money, etc- once your chemo & hospital bills start climbing over $100,000 for those who don't have insurance, it is tragic loss. Anyway, after all that, he is with Lord- but it was a terrible process he went through & we at least are pretty sure, we would not go that route after all we've heard.
Also, apparently this has gained enough creedance to be used in the U.S. now I believe- keep in mind, a Holistic doctor from what I was told by parents who put their daughter through medical school to become a holistic dr., they told me she had to receive 'more' education than a traditional physician- to become holistic. I never looked into that but to assume they have less education is probably wrong- of course the Amish example in this thread certainly would not have received an education of a holistic dr.- all I know is testimonies so far.
May the Lord continue to grant you that wisdom you are applying to your diet and research on health- and remember- that is why we pray over our foods, to thank Him, and to ask Him to bless it and sanctify it. That doesn't give us the freedom to be foolish.
0 x
Josh
Affiliation: The church of God

Post by Josh »

Witch doctors make a lot more sense now.
0 x
joshuabgood
Affiliation: BMA

Post by joshuabgood »

Josh wrote:Witch doctors make a lot more sense now.
You are right. It really is useless to continue the discussion...it's a mindset I have never thoroughly understood. Though it has frustrated me in years past, I more or less just accept it and don't say anything. Somehow the "witch doctors" capture the imaginations of certain groups of folks and no amount of discussion will convince them otherwise.

Just the other day I was in a conversation, which I can't relate it hear, where some of this type of thinking was bandied about - and it was best just for me to "go with the flow." So with the flow I went keeping my mouth shut =).
0 x
Dan Z

Post by Dan Z »

joshuabgood wrote:
Josh wrote:Witch doctors make a lot more sense now.
You are right. It really is useless to continue the discussion...it's a mindset I have never thoroughly understood. Though it has frustrated me in years past, I more or less just accept it and don't say anything. Somehow the "witch doctors" capture the imaginations of certain groups of folks and no amount of discussion will convince them otherwise.

Just the other day I was in a conversation, which I can't relate it hear, where some of this type of thinking was bandied about - and it was best just for me to "go with the flow." So with the flow I went keeping my mouth shut =).
Sometimes the mind is powerful medicine all by itself.

The placebo effect is well documented. Setting the supernatural aside for the moment (while not denying God's touch) - there is evidence that people can often be healed by what they believe in - the Tu-Mor-Be-Gone or Baking Soda or whatever simply serves as the focal point for their belief, giving them hope and perhaps healing. Oh...and anecdotal testimonies will always abound to bolster belief (correlation looks a lot like causation).

So...if both the seller and the buyer believe in healing properties of something, and if the placebo effect does more good than doing nothing at all, isn't there some benefit to allowing people to buy snake oil. I'm sure "Big-Herba" is selling untold amounts of relatively inert herbs and supplements to people (and making big bucks) - but my sense is that it probably does more good than harm.

Like a few others on the board, I'd generally like to see solid scientific evidence before I believe some substance has healing properties. But ironically, my reliance on empirical proof robs me from benefiting from placebo healing that might otherwise do me good if I only would be open to believing in snake oil. 8-)
0 x